Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 04/2011 - Ex Pats That Fall

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Re: Ex Pats That Fall

It really depends what your taste is. You can lock up a chick and basically only fuck her and get off much cheaper, but of course you're hurting for variety. My example was mostly based on pulling from the hoe pool. If you like lookers who have no problem finding customers, which sadly I do, you have do pay more because at 2k you're paying her 1/2 of what she could make. That's s fair price that will accomplish the most important thing, which is keeping her out of your face when she sees you with another chick.

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    I don't understand why its 2,000 if you live there.

They have down time. Take that??

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    It really depends what your taste is. You can lock up a chick and basically only fuck her and get off much cheaper, but of course you're hurting for variety. My example was mostly based on pulling from the hoe pool. If you like lookers who have no problem finding customers, which sadly I do, you have do pay more because at 2k you're paying her 1/2 of what she could make. That's s fair price that will accomplish the most important thing, which is keeping her out of your face when she sees you with another chick.
    But do all those chicas that you like have non stop business?

Is there no down time for them?

Spending 2,000 a session 10 sessions a month adds up.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    I know many who live on their social security checks, I think for most that is about $1,250 a month.
    Like I was saying, I know a guy that is 37, does no p4p, doesn't drink and has 2 gym memberships. I think his budget is about this on average since his rent is only $300 for a 1 bedroom. He goes on cheap Dominican type dates like the movies with everything centered around heading back to his pad. He doesn't drive but uses publicos and cabs when needed.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Re: 04/2011 - Ex Pats That Fall

Bottom line to me is this and it is quite simple, at least to me. I couldn't live or even come close to living the way I do, in the US. Talk about struggling. That is why I thought, when reading the first two entries of this thread it was a joke. Based on my former line of business, I saw many senior citizens struggling to survive in the US, and using the same criteria of income or less, many senior citizens thriving in other countries, including the DR, which of course is my country of choice. I honestly think for every ex pat that you see struggling in the DR, you could multiply that number by quite a bit. And reading that 98% of ex pats will fail, or be begging for money, food etc., that is just ridiculous, and I know many ex pats in this country, and every month the numbers are increasing, there is a reason for that.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el_papi_chew_low View Post
    Like I was saying, I know a guy that is 37, does no p4p, doesn't drink and has 2 gym memberships. I think his budget is about this on average since his rent is only $300 for a 1 bedroom. He goes on cheap Dominican type dates like the movies with everything centered around heading back to his pad. He doesn't drive but uses publicos and cabs when needed.
    So what happens if things change and he needs to leave?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So what happens if things change and he needs to leave?
    He needs to leave? How so?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks

He needs to leave? How so?
    The peso drops to 30 where it once was or a bad President comes in. Just two examples. There were many in Cuba before Castro and they had to leave.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The peso drops to 30 where it once was or a bad President comes in. Just two examples. There were many in Cuba before Castro and they had to leave.
    If the peso drops to 30, we may all be out of here lol. He would be gone. I think everyone outside of the USA is benefiting now from a strong dollar. More than likely, Danilo will be re-elected.

But yes Jimmy, ceteris paribus!!

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If the peso drops to 30, we may all be out of here lol. He would be gone. I think everyone outside of the USA is benefiting now from a strong dollar.
    That won't last another 25 years. Another ression will hit within that period.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    My first few months I spent way too much money between maintaining my US home and going back and forth to the US frequently. Now that I am settled for the past couple of months I am averaging $2500.00 a month, if I can keep that figure I will be very happy...damn I have friends that spend that in a week or two vacation...lol!
    I think this plays a major role in how we make it work on a retirement budget. What kind of expat do we plan to be? Are we permanent? Or maybe just a 5 to 6 month temporary expat living and paying for two different lives.

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My target has always been $3500 a month. At that level you should be sitting good with pussy galore and a visit to the states once a year to pick up those must have things you can't get on the island. I'm convinced you're better off with a steady who's not in the hoe game. You don't want a live in. What you need though is a go to girl. You need to find her outside of the game or you will find her in the game. A steady diet of sex only encounters wears thin after a while.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    I think this plays a major role in how we make it work on a retirement budget. What kind of expat do we plan to be? Are we permanent? Or maybe just a 5 to 6 month temporary expat living and paying for two different lives.
    I sold my house a few months before I moved here so when I came it was for good. I began to decrease my expenses immediately when I arrived based on rent, etc.

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

That's pretty good. I pay about $350 a year.
    Is that Dominican insurance or US insurance with a big company footing the bill?

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My target has always been $3500 a month. At that level you should be sitting good with pussy galore and a visit to the states once a year to pick up those must have things you can't get on the island. I'm convinced you're better off with a steady who's not in the hoe game. You don't want a live in. What you need though is a go to girl. You need to find her outside of the game or you will find her in the game. A steady diet of sex only encounters wears thin after a while.
    That will be my target. I plan to rent a spare room and pull in maybe $600 a month.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think for most of us all in is the only viable option.

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My target has always been $3500 a month. At that level you should be sitting good with pussy galore and a visit to The states once a year to pick up those must have things you can't get on the island. I'm convinced your better off with a steady who's not in the hoe game. You don't want a live in. What you need though is a go to girl. You need to find her outside of the game or you will find her in the game. A steady diet of sex only encounters wears thin after a while.
    That is a good budget. Personally, I think you have the right idea. Life is short. If you are going to live here, its best to live good and not have a decrease in living standards. I like to take weekend trips to the capital to party and/or to beaches around the island and this cost. Once you get out of the tourist economy and into the local economy, you will be surprised at how much bang you can get for your buck. However, you may still feel the need to splurge from time to time to time.

31. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Is that Dominican insurance or US insurance with a big company footing the bill?
    Not sure but I was turned onto it by someone that owns a business here and has it for his employees.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This may be true. Probably a good reason to have a COLA in your pension or whatever defined benefit you have. As long as its cheaper to live here and its still pussy paradise, I won't be moving back to the good old USA. I'll play the geographical arbitrage game and keep moving to other pussy paradises if things change here.

35. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Probably neither will I. So what is your point?

Some say the world won't last another 25 years, so should I crawl up in a ball now! And stop living my life, now? GEEEEZ!

37. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Not sure but I was turned onto it by someone that owns a business here and has it for his employees.
    i.e. Domincan Insurance......

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information