Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 05/2007 - Airline tickets getting crazy - Is this affecting your plans?

Thanks

Re: American Airlines Cuts some flights to the DR

If you were watching the news programs, they said the biggest part of the large profits were coming from the add on pricing such as, luggage extra leg room and the other things they have come up with to try to justify the prices they are charging now.

Quote Originally Posted by hioctane View Post
    If Spirit is making money with dirt cheap prices then obviously, other airlines are making even more money! I think it's because the price of oil has been dropping, yet they are not dropping fares. They use price of oil as an excuse to raise fares and are banking when oil prices drop.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

The JFK to STI flight lands about 11:00 am. Taxi to Carribe Tours or Metro is 600 pesos or around $17. Bus fare to Sousa is $4 to $5. In total $21 to $22 and you'll be in Sosua by 3:15 at the latest. Much cheaper than a taxi and who knows you might meet your future ex-wife at the station or on the bus.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    8 So that trailer full of aluminum cans your mom saved and was going to donate to the Girl Scouts is empty in fact missing. You could have just sold the cans and left the trailer but this way I suppose you didn't have to unload them off the pallets and hell even a used trailer most have brought a few hundred. Someone already had a beer, a real big bucket of beer.

I totally made that up in case anyone didn't know.

PS American's schedule sucks
    Haven't talked to my mother in 23 years. Might as well start cancelling trips and give my money to bums.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8orBetter View Post
    Haven't talked to my mother in 23 years. Might as well start cancelling trips and give my money to bums.
    Living in her basement you should at least go up and say hi for Thanksgiving. Maybe get some food.

So when ya headin down to Pilsen Country?

I suppose I have to go back there pretty soon too since I have over 400k in Pesos sitting in a shirt pocket.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 860 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by biggun1221 View Post
    If you were watching the news programs, they said the biggest part of the large profits were coming from the add on pricing such as, luggage extra leg room and the other things they have come up with to try to justify the prices they are charging now.
    It's all fuzzy math anyway. It doesn't matter where profits come (in only does to the media) as long as they make a profit. It's like on eBay when one guy sells something for a $1 but charges $19 shipping. Another guy sells it for $19 and charges $1 shipping. At the end of the day, seller A seems unethical but you are ultimately paying the same thing for either. Sounds familiar with a certain airline? But people like to bitch and moan anyway even though the total price is the same or in many cases less.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hioctane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

I suppose I have to go back there pretty soon too since I have over 400k in Pesos sitting in a shirt pocket.
    No I am scared I am staying home. Wait my section was just called for boarding

Hope the monsoons are over but wet hard Paisa nipples would be an acceptable site.

Mike where is those pics of those hot ass babes from Mayorista don't tell me you only got pics of pasta

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 8orBetter View Post
    No I am scared I am staying home. Wait my section was just called for boarding

Hope the monsoons are over but wet hard Paisa nipples would be an acceptable site.

Mike where is those pics of those hot ass babes from Mayorista don't tell me you only got pics of pasta
    Didn't have any pasta, if I want pasta I go to my Mom's house she makes her own.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 860 Posts

Didn't have any pasta, if I want pasta I go to my Mom's house she makes her own.
    Seriously! What's with people going on vacation looking for food they can get back home?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Seriously! What's with people going on vacation looking for food they can get back home?
    They happen to eat what we eat, in Medellin. Some of us don't spend 18 hours a day looking for chicas.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Drives me absolutely apeshit, when I see Americans sitting at McDonalds in Germany talking about how its so good to have food just like at Home. They have only been on the ground for 2 days, and they are fucking starving to death for Mickey D's ? Fucking pitiful . Im guessing they probably do the Same shit in Paris France and Italy too.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

At McDonalds in Germany, at least you can order a beer with your Quarter Pounder any time of the day...

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Drives me absolutely apeshit, when I see Americans sitting at McDonalds in Germany talking about how its so good to have food just like at Home. They have only been on the ground for 2 days, and they are fucking starving to death for Mickey D's ? Fucking pitiful . Im guessing they probably do the Same shit in Paris France and Italy too.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pi3141516 View Post
    At McDonalds in Germany, at least you can order a beer with your Quarter Pounder any time of the day...
    Heck, you can get a beer from the Vending machine at Work...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 691 Posts

At Burger King too.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    when i travel i like to eat the food the denizens do. most always find something that i really really like. seldom strike out

eating is one of the things i enjoy a lot when i travel, trying different things

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ralphie1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    They happen to eat what we eat, in Medellin. Some of us don't spend 18 hours a day looking for chicas.
    I think it is fun to try new places to eat. You can find chicas in a few hours a day and if you have a few numbers especially for Sunday then you don't have to look at all some days.

I can get Thai food in the Midwest or any city in the US or get it in Sosua or get it in Medellin it isn't going to be all the same but that is what makes it fun to try. Some pretty good bakerys there in Laureles too.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

I think it is fun to try new places to eat. You can find chicas in a few hours a day and if you have a few numbers especially for Sunday then you don't have to look at all some days.

I can get Thai food in the Midwest or any city in the US or get it in Sosua or get it in Medellin it isn't going to be all the same but that is what makes it fun to try. Some pretty good bakerys there in Laureles too.
    The Mexican food was very good in the 4 places that I ate in. Chines food is missing the spices that are required so the 3 places that I ate in were not good at all.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    The Mexican food was very good in the 4 places that I ate in. Chines food is missing the spices that are required so the 3 places that I ate in were not good at all.
    I had some Mexican at that place next to the Estaban when I went there to check it out. The nachos were served in a odd way in like a popcorn sleave or something instead of on a platter so the meat sort of fell down but they were good. Only Asian food I tried was at the Thai place in Parque Lleras next to Pizza 1969 both places were good.

So much good food down there you don't have to go very far to find some. I wanted to try Crepes and Waffles but the line was 25 people waiting on the sidewalk to get in the door.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

And I thought everyone here only orders melons and tacos...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    And I thought everyone here only orders melons and tacos...
    Is that a joke?

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

Hamburger Royal mit kase und pils, bitte schoen.

Ah yes, I had a few of them back then. A cheeseburger and a cold beer. Whats not too like?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information