Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CALLING CARDS

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

CALLING CARDS

I must have bought 5 or 6 $5 calling cards here in New York and all i get is 30 mins each to DR. But the same cards give me 2 hours each to Germany..... What the fuck!!!! :x

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    phonecards-prepaid.com
    It will give you the best cards and the best rates. Used them for about 2-3 yrs now

Thanks
    get a card called platano calling card.Its for DR

Thanks

calling cards

Thanks
    try this one...
    www.multiphone.net

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts
    it depends which card you buy for which country and also matters if you are calling cell phones or house phones... you get more minutes for calling a DR house phone... INC is one of the best cards to use from NYC to DR.... Blah Blah Blah is another
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 208 Posts
    look for newer one Boss new york and Red new york use to give a lot of min. now they suck big time!! One that give you decent amount of mins. are Latino new york, new one La Viana also try Mangu there is also another one forgot the name.. La viana is giving me 50min on $2 card calling a cell phone!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubman30
    La viana is giving me 50min on $2 card calling a cell phone!!!
    Wow thats unheard of!... i think i need to find a DR girlfriend with those rates

Thanks
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 1,322 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas
    La viana is giving me 50min on $2 card calling a cell phone!!!
    Wow thats unheard of!... i think i need to find a DR girlfriend with those rates
    They advertise that card alot on Ch. 47
    We surveyed 100 chicas and the top 69 answers are on the board. Here's the question...

I.S.O.B.B.C.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 208 Posts
    update: the $2 LaVaina calling card is only giving 24 mins. cell phone calls!! No longer 50mins when first came out!! But 24mins for $2 is still good!! There is a new out there now Oro Solido.. Havent tried it yet!!

Thanks
    update: the $2 LaVaina calling card is only giving 24 mins. cell phone calls!! No longer 50mins when first came out!! But 24mins for $2 is still good!! There is a new out there now Oro Solido.. Havent tried it yet!!
    When you do ... dont forget to post the amount of minutes it gives you to a cell phone...

Thanks

Another favorite of mine...

I use Platano NY ...it has the dominican flag right on it and I buy the $5 card and the store gives me 20% off, so I just pay $4 and it gives me 1.5 hours calling a cell phone. When you first dial in, it says the card is good for 3 hours and 41 minutes, etc....but with all that 3 minute rounding bull shit and taxes, it lasts about 1.5 hours.

The site listed on the card is http://www.MTCcard.com

Hope this helps someone.
    MISTER NYC © 2006

Thanks

Re: Another favorite of mine...

Quote Originally Posted by MISTER NYC
    I use Platano NY ...it has the dominican flag right on it and I buy the $5 card and the store gives me 20% off, so I just pay $4 and it gives me 1.5 hours calling a cell phone. When you first dial in, it says the card is good for 3 hours and 41 minutes, etc....but with all that 3 minute rounding bull shit and taxes, it lasts about 1.5 hours.

Hope this helps someone.
    How many girls do you keep in touch with over there ?

Thanks

Re: Another favorite of mine...

Quote Originally Posted by MISTER NYC

Hope this helps someone.
    is that discount just for you??

Thanks
    www.nobelcom.com $20 gives almost 3 hours.

dapanz1

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dapanz1
    www.nobelcom.com $20 gives almost 3 hours.

dapanz1
    have you ever used this card before?

Thanks

calling cards

Be careful when using calling cards. This is another system set up similar to the car buying/leasing disaster. There are all these variables: connection fee, rounding, tax, weekly or semi-monthly charges, etc. Most rates that you see advertised are for house phones. Cell phone charges to DR or anywhere else are much more expensive. No bullshit, if you are calling often, it's worth it to have a line installed in her house. But careful, the whole freaking town will be making calls on her phone. Anyway, I've learned the hard way with these cards. You have to read the fine print. I use www.uniontelecard.com often. Don't give up searching the net for better deals. Also, you have to consider reliability. I have had many problems with some carriers.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,258 Times in 1,076 Posts
    Like Mister NYC said PLATANO is a good calling card and if you are from nyc & jersy you are in good luck, also with my experience always get the phone card that is new and just came out they tend to have more minutes.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts
    I use STI, which was giving me 4 cents a minute when I used to call my ex-novia, but that was on her house phone. I noticed my most recent card burning fast and I went to the website to check the rates and it seems like the rate is much higher for calling a Dominican cell phone - 10 cents a minute!!!! That is more than double the house rate. I need to confirm this tomorrow because the office is closed after 9 pm. This would be fucked up though. I'm gonna have to check out cards that have better rates for cell phones if this is in fact the case.

Thanks

Yeah Ron..you tell em!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo
    Like Mister NYC said PLATANO is a good calling card and if you are from nyc & jersy you are in good luck, also with my experience always get the phone card that is new and just came out they tend to have more minutes.
    +

Yeah Ron, you tell em! Like I said....the discount is offered at the local bodega near where I live on select phone cards to anyone I guess...I just know that I buy a lot of these weekly for my communication needs back to the island, etc. I think it's damn good at about 4.4 cents a minute. I tried so many in my short life....another one was Black Diamond...i believe by the same company....the phone card industry is dominated by two companies alone that account for about 90% of the cards you see out there except that they are just in different packaging. I've been lucky by giving these other smaller companies a try.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information