Thread: Guest-Friendly Hotels: Club Residencial?

Thanks

Guest-Friendly Hotels: Club Residencial?

Fellas,

I'm headed back to Sosua next month for the 1st time in a year and I need some help w/ the lodging situation. I've read a lot on this and other reliable boards and I've learned the following about my past go-to spots in El Batey:

• NG - my homeboy Willfried is gone and there have been issues w/ security (i.e., theft) and reservations.
    • TL - gotten out of control w/ pricing to the tune of $70 min per night!

Is Club Residencial a viable alternative to these two? I've seen some people mention it, but can't find much detail, including where it's located in relation to the Dr. Rosen spots and the main landmarks on PC. Is this one of the places far away from the main strip like Colibri?

As to be expected, my core amenities are:

• AC
    • in-room safe (preferably electronic)
    • cable/satellite TV
    • fridge
    • hot water
    • reasonable walking distance to 'ground zero' on PC (whatever's left of it at this point)

I'd like to pay no more than $55-60 per night. TL was charging 55/nt during my last trip and it's VERY disappointing to hear that they've since gotten the idea that they're an AI hotel! A pool would also be nice, but not a deal breaker for me.

But of course, the #1 requirement is that I can bring chicas in and out as I please! I'm pretty discreet when on vaca, but I don't want to deal w/ any complicated procedures or dirty looks when I have a companion or two over.

Please let me know if Club Residencial fits this bill or if some other place does.

I don't need chicas hanging around like NG, but again I need the establishment to not hinder my activities. Sosua Bay was looking good until I read about the uneasy coexistence w/ the AI side.

It's kind of a downer to read all this stuff about crackdowns, random arrests and hotel issues immediately AFTER booking my flight!

Thanks in advance,

BB1
    Last edited by bambam1; 04-24-2011 at 11:25 PM.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Re: Guest-Friendly Hotels: Club Residencial?

Well whaddaya know...the "search" function works here in vBulletin4! FWIW, I'd choose Club Residencial over NewGarden or Terra Linda. Quieter atmosphere. Chica friendly, but just one at a time (family oriented hotel). A/C blows cold, centrally located, and I believe has everything that was on your list.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ub-Residencial

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...Hotel-in-Sosua

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...sidential-pics

These are just three I randomly picked. Do a search, you'll find all you need to know. CR's website:

http://www.clubresidencial.com/

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You would like Club Residencial ! Not only is it chica friendly ,, and has a nice pool, but the apartments have a kitchen with a full size frig. And you are only 2 blocks from la Passions , and across the street from CMP club, if that is the atmosphere that you like. I have stayed at Club Residencial 4 times in the past.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody514 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks gdogg and woody514!

I spent hours reading up on hotels over the weekend, but couldn't find much recent intel on CR. I might have to give this place a try since Willy @ TL emailed me back and will not budge on their ridiculous website rates!

I've also had my own issues w/ NG in the past, but kept staying there mainly b/c of my rapport w/ Willfried. With him not being there I'm loathe to spend any more of my $ in that place.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bambam1 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information