Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: File Upload Center/VBImageHost/Albums

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Re: File Upload Center/VBImageHost/Albums

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Are you saying that you save it back onto your local drive then upload it from there? What a load of hassle. Easier for me to upload the image from its original folder on my local drive, although I appreciate many guys may not be able to access all their pictures on their local drive and only have them stored in VBHost.

I think I have finally figured it out. Not sure if I could explain to someone though. It is definitely easier to add pics from the original folder on my computer though. I think it will be much easier downloading pics for the first time after next trip.

Thanks for the help.
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

Are you saying that you save it back onto your local drive then upload it from there? What a load of hassle. Easier for me to upload the image from its original folder on my local drive, although I appreciate many guys may not be able to access all their pictures on their local drive and only have them stored in VBHost.
    Well VBImageHost will always be there and such the archives. The only reason someone would want to move them is if they wanted to sort them into Albums.
    Try our new ISOC Features!
    • Create a Countdown Timer for your upcoming trip or a special date here.
    • Print out one of our Money Cheat Sheets so you know much shit costs! here
    • Create Albums for your Pictures here.
    • Join Social Groups to view other's Albums here.
    • Browse our concise & informative Wiki here.
    • Learn Spanish, Check Exchange Rates, or The Weather.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Don Tomas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

Well when this new format first was released I uploaded and posted pics my first shot.
    Now I'm having trouble.
    Just uploaded a new album and it showed one pic and I watched 8 get uploaded.
    Not only that I can't even post that 1 pic.
    It acts as the album title pic and when I click on it I get the page that says there are no pics in this album.
    I have no idea what I'm doing wrong cause like I said I've already posted pics since the new format was instituted.
    I guess I'm just like some others..after a while of trying I get frustrated and quit.
    Its to bad cause I just got back from Medellin and have a few pics I would like to share.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    Well when this new format first was released I uploaded and posted pics my first shot.
    Now I'm having trouble.
    It acts as the album title pic and when I click on it I get the page that says there are no pics in this album.
    I have no idea what I'm doing wrong cause like I said I've already posted pics since the new format was instituted.
    I guess I'm just like some others..after a while of trying I get frustrated and quit.
    Its to bad cause I just got back from Medellin and have a few pics I would like to share.
    I see you have 4 Albums right now all updated in the last few days.
    • med.2011 = 7 pics
    • medellin '11 = 6 Pics
    • help = 1 pic
    • medellin in may 2011 = 1 pic

Is this what you meant to do, let me know.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Don Tomas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

The same thing above is happening to me now. I did not see the answer to the above in this thread so that is why I am bringing it back up. (two months later....)

I know these guys have moved on and figured everything out and I am on square one.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,360 Times in 1,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SrSuerte View Post
    The same thing above is happening to me now. I did not see the answer to the above in this thread so that is why I am bringing it back up. (two months later....)

I know these guys have moved on and figured everything out and I am on square one.
    Here is what Ryatt showed me.

First things first, if you can reduce the file size to let's say 600xwhatever that will make life easier for you.

Then click on File Uploads>>>Create New Album
    make it private. make title and description.
    Save Changes and then click upload pictures.
    Click on Add Files and search for the folder with the pics.

If you want to add more than one, press and hold CTRL and select the pics.

Click upload and your done.
    when you want to insert a particular pic, use the BBCODE, copy and paste it to the TR.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to longhairdontcare For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Let me try. I am a cyber dunce, but maybe because of that I won't "assume" steps that more skilled guys take for granted:

(1) You are already in the "Albums" area so I don't need to explain how to get there

(2) You should be on a page headed with a blue bar saying "SrSuerte's Albums"

(3) Below you should see one icon for each album you have created. If you have nominated a pic to be the album cover it will show that. If not, a graphic of a pine tree and stream.

(4) Click on the album to which you wish to add one or more pics. It will open a new page with the album name in the header bar and any pictures you already have in it as thumbnails below. Maybe you have no pics in it.

(5) In the title bar to the album click on Upload Pictures.

(6) A new window will open. This window has three panels:
    --- A main panel headed "home" showing (I think?) all the pictures you have in all your albums, not just the one you are using.
    --- A panel on the left headed "folders"
    --- A panel along the bottom headed "attachments"
    Now as to what all this stuff is for and how to properly use it I haven't got a clue, but luckily we don't need to know just to add pictures to your posts.

(7) In the top right corner click on "add files"

(8) A small window will open. Click on "Select files" Navigate to the files you want to upload on your local drive (I think you can only upload files in pictures formats like jpg, gif, ping, etc. but I am not quite sure). Click on "home" in your local drive window and the pictures you have selected will appear in the small window.

(9) Click on "upload files" at the bottom of the small window . Wait patiently and the picture(s) you have uploaded will appear top left alongside all the pictures in the main panel. Obviously if they are the first you have ever uploaded they will appear there alone.

OK, I think most guys will have got to that point, because up to now it has just been "following instructions" and pressing the right buttons. Where I got stuck, and maybe many others, is what to do next because it is no longer self-evident, labelled or intuitive.

(10) Go back to the album page of the album you are working with. It should now have a different title bar which says "pending pictures". Top left should be a box listing all the files you have just uploaded. (You can choose to make one the album cover using a radio button).

(11) It should say "Move to (the album you are already working with). If not, you can choose another album using the dropdown box (unless you only have one album).

Now here is the bit I missed the first time (and the second, third ... times).

(12) Click on Save Changes

(13) Your pics should now appear as thumbnails in your album.

(14) Click on the first pic you want to insert in your post. It will open full-size in a large window. Bottom right are two file names: "Picture URL" and "BB Code". You want the latter. Copy the BB Code (being careful to include the IMG opening and closing tags) and paste it into your post.

Phew! What a rigmarole!

I strongly recommend you have two ISOC windows open while you do this. Maybe also a third showing your post.

I have just uploaded this interesting picture of a mirror plate while I was going through the steps. I need six to eight of these to hang a heavy mirror. They are to be found in every English hardware store, but apparently are not much used in the US. However I took this picture from a US site so they are not totally unknown there. I have asked two members to bring them in for me (they only cost two/three bucks) but they couldn't source them. Anyone here in the hardware business and can help? They can be between 1" and 2" tall.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Thank you very much a combination of the last two post helped me. Maybe I will make the pictures smaller than the one below and edit out the red eye. These two are from my 3rd trip to the philippines.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,334 Times in 1,113 Posts

test pic pleaseIMG_0515.jpg

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kitie carson For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,350 Times in 2,668 Posts

re uploading videos, I have a short MP4 video that I wanted to add to a trip report, but ISOC does not accept that video format, and I have to convert it to another.

What is the best/easiest format to convert it to that ISOC will accept?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Let me try. I am a cyber dunce, but maybe because of that I won't "assume" steps that more skilled guys take for granted:

(1) You are already in the "Albums" area so I don't need to explain how to get there

(2) You should be on a page headed with a blue bar saying "SrSuerte's Albums"

(3) Below you should see one icon for each album you have created. If you have nominated a pic to be the album cover it will show that. If not, a graphic of a pine tree and stream.

(4) Click on the album to which you wish to add one or more pics. It will open a new page with the album name in the header bar and any pictures you already have in it as thumbnails below. Maybe you have no pics in it.

(5) In the title bar to the album click on Upload Pictures.

(6) A new window will open. This window has three panels:
    --- A main panel headed "home" showing (I think?) all the pictures you have in all your albums, not just the one you are using.
    --- A panel on the left headed "folders"
    --- A panel along the bottom headed "attachments"
    Now as to what all this stuff is for and how to properly use it I haven't got a clue, but luckily we don't need to know just to add pictures to your posts.

(7) In the top right corner click on "add files"

(8) A small window will open. Click on "Select files" Navigate to the files you want to upload on your local drive (I think you can only upload files in pictures formats like jpg, gif, ping, etc. but I am not quite sure). Click on "home" in your local drive window and the pictures you have selected will appear in the small window.

(9) Click on "upload files" at the bottom of the small window . Wait patiently and the picture(s) you have uploaded will appear top left alongside all the pictures in the main panel. Obviously if they are the first you have ever uploaded they will appear there alone.

OK, I think most guys will have got to that point, because up to now it has just been "following instructions" and pressing the right buttons. Where I got stuck, and maybe many others, is what to do next because it is no longer self-evident, labelled or intuitive.

(10) Go back to the album page of the album you are working with. It should now have a different title bar which says "pending pictures". Top left should be a box listing all the files you have just uploaded. (You can choose to make one the album cover using a radio button).

(11) It should say "Move to (the album you are already working with). If not, you can choose another album using the dropdown box (unless you only have one album).

Now here is the bit I missed the first time (and the second, third ... times).

(12) Click on Save Changes

(13) Your pics should now appear as thumbnails in your album.

(14) Click on the first pic you want to insert in your post. It will open full-size in a large window. Bottom right are two file names: "Picture URL" and "BB Code". You want the latter. Copy the BB Code (being careful to include the IMG opening and closing tags) and paste it into your post.

Phew! What a rigmarole!

I strongly recommend you have two ISOC windows open while you do this. Maybe also a third showing your post.

Click to see pic

I have just uploaded this interesting picture of a mirror plate while I was going through the steps. I need six to eight of these to hang a heavy mirror. They are to be found in every English hardware store, but apparently are not much used in the US. However I took this picture from a US site so they are not totally unknown there. I have asked two members to bring them in for me (they only cost two/three bucks) but they couldn't source them. Anyone here in the hardware business and can help? They can be between 1" and 2" tall.

It took me awhile but I got it enlarged

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fishhunter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fishhunter View Post
    Click to see pic

It took me awhile but I got it enlarged
    Do you mean you have found a way to use the software to enlarge Presidente pequeñas to grandes?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 Times in 2,070 Posts

Anyone having upload problems? I keep getting "Upload Failed" when trying to upload pics. They are smaller in size than pics I have uploaded successfully.
    One for the dick and one for the balls!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to TC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,718 Times in 3,229 Posts

Can someone lead me to the file upload section.....the one for videos, can't seem to find it or I'm blind. There was a very recent change done which seems to have moved things around a bit.....
    C.I.S.O.C.
    Cuba.....Cigars and beautiful chicas

One life I'm gonna live it up....Judas Priest, You Got Another Thing Coming

28. The Following User Says Thank You to LM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,220 Times in 1,957 Posts

I do not think videos can be loaded I had to use youtube

30. The Following User Says Thank You to MyTio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MyTio View Post
    I do not think videos can be loaded I had to use youtube

Can't do a nude video from youtube......the file upload still has to around somewhere, I just can't find it

32. The Following User Says Thank You to LM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Now I'm having trouble.
    And likewise, I was going thru the same thing on this recent trip oix. I uploaded well over 100 into an albaum, and half came out
    so i figured it could not hold as many, and did a pt 2 new alb, and i saw them upload, etc, but too many directions and extra clicks, made me go into something else as well. Sometimes I just aint got the patience, and then have to hear the whinny puppy dogs biching here on top of that!!!
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo44 View Post
    And likewise, I was going thru the same thing on this recent trip oix. I uploaded well over 100 into an albaum, and half came out
    so i figured it could not hold as many, and did a pt 2 new alb, and i saw them upload, etc, but too many directions and extra clicks, made me go into something else as well. Sometimes I just aint got the patience, and then have to hear the whinny puppy dogs biching here on top of that!!!
    I have the pics figured out....the pic albums are now linked from your profile, and there is a limit of the amount of pics you can put in a album.....it's the video and file uploads that I can't find anymore and I want to upload a video file of one of the Kenyan ladies
    Last edited by LM; 02-27-2012 at 04:50 PM.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LM View Post
    I have the pics figured out....the pic albums are now linked from your profile, and there is a limit of the amount of pics you can put in a album.....it's the video and file uploads that I can't find anymore and I want to upload a video file of one of the Kenyan ladies
    This is so ridiculous. You can't tamper with stuff and then leave for 5 months.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    This is so ridiculous. You can't tamper with stuff and then leave for 5 months.
    What do you mean?

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information