Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: April 2011 and what we learned in the DR

Thanks

April 2011 and what we learned in the DR

If you are looking for chica info sorry but I am not going to post that. I will say that the quality of the talent that we found was way better than in Costa Rica. The CR has more 9's & 10's but I had no problems with what I saw and played with in the Domincan and will go back in a heartbeat (already planning the next trip). If you speak spanish and have some game, you will be amazed at what is available.

Ok first things first, when you go through customs get the baggage porters to grab your bags and bypass the arrival inspections, they are great at just moving past the ones that want to look into your bags. We took 3 - 1.75 liter bottles of whisky with us in our checked baggage and had no problems with the airlines or customs.

Out front we grabbed a Taxi to the Palms in Sosua, they were asking $35.00 US, told the guy bullshit this was not our first time and offered $15.00 and gave him a $5 tip and he got us a taxi for $15.00. Most of the Taxi drivers did not know where the Palms Condos are but when we would mention Trade Winds they all knew.

There was a Cambio towards the beach if you left from the Brittania Pub that was next to an internet cafe and a real estate office, that we exchanged money at, the dominican guy in the morning gave a better rate than the german (I think) guy that would be there in the afternoons and evenings. The peso was at 37.7 and we were getting 37.5 from the dominican and 37.2 from the other guy. We did not shop around as we thought that was fair and felt comfortable with them.

We ate at many different places but our favorites were Oh La Vecha, Brittania Pub, & Cuban Cafe. We tried lots of others as well and only ate at 1 place that was just ok, the others were all better than just good, but those were the top 3 for us.

Definitely get a cell phone as it was a great way to get a girl that is not working to get her number to be able to make a date later. I did this numerous times just by getting the phone ready to put a number in, then handing it to the chica, she would enter her number and I would put in her name, then tell her either I or my friend would call her later. We both ended up with a few opportunist chicas rather than the hardcore workers and had some great GFE.

We drank at Rhumba bar quite a bit and watched the scenery, even with all the police around, there were still plenty of girls to choose from. We never ended up setting foot into La Passions, CMP, Classicos or any of the bars across the street from Rhumba, as we pretty much had things lined up prior to going out at night from meeting chicas during the day.

A typical day would be get up at 9am take a quick shower kick out whoever was there then walk into town for breakfast, after breakfast we would just walk around and see sights and get familliar with the area, talk to business owners, managers, and chicas and got into the culture. Compared to other places I have been I would really consider moving to the DR. Anyway we would head back to the Palms around 2-3pm and make a few drinks, layout in the sun on the patio for a while, then take a nap or just hang out until around 8pm and get ready for dinner, then walk into town.
    We got to know a few of the servers at some of the establishments and will stay in touch with them until our next trip and will probably have a long term friendship with them without trying to get into their pants. After the 3rd day the phone would start ringing about 8:30pm with chicas wanting to get together, this was the first time that we did not answer the phone until we were done with dinner and it was funny to see how the girls acted by not jumping when they called. Also if they called and we answered and they hung up, we would not call them back, still laughing at that one.

All in all I would rate the trip a 9.5 out of 10 and will be back. Depending on what you are looking for you will find it unless you are a total ass. Be nice to everyone and do not act like a pompous gringo, take time to get to know who is serving you or helping you, and you will have new friends that want to see you have a good time. Also the entire trip we did not act like mongers, go figure on that one but we kept things cool watching what we were talking about when others were around and I think that had a positive effect on some of the girls we met up with, only 1 asked for any money in the morning and I had already put it by here purse while she took a shower.

For those of you that would like a comparison of the Domincan Republic vs Costa Rica I would like to say the both offer a lot of fun and I am going back to CR in January, but I liked the DR better. In CR I found myself having 3-5 girls per day but in the DR it was 1 girl 3-5 times in an evening-morning then relaxing for the rest of the day. The value in the DR is alot better as well, but for me I prefer to get to know who I am playing with, and not be rushed. In Costa Rica it seems like the majority of the chicas want to get on to the next customer and tend to watch the clock plus you get all the Aye Papi's that are fake and distracting. So all in all I am looking forward to many more trips to the DR and expanding my horizions outside of Sosua. If you have any questions feel free to post them here or pm me and I will respond.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Re: April 2011 and what we learned in the DR

Glad to hear you had a good time in the DR. Damn I have to learn to speak Spanish...

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    Glad to hear you had a good time in the DR. Damn I have to learn to speak Spanish...
    I seriously doubt you have the mental capacity to persue that.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilv4play View Post
    If you are looking for chica info sorry but I am not going to post that. I will say that the quality of the talent that we found was way better than in Costa Rica. The CR has more 9's & 10's but I had no problems with what I saw and played with in the Domincan and will go back in a heartbeat (already planning the next trip). If you speak spanish and have some game, you will be amazed at what is available.

Ok first things first, when you go through customs get the baggage porters to grab your bags and bypass the arrival inspections, they are great at just moving past the ones that want to look into your bags. We took 3 - 1.75 liter bottles of whisky with us in our checked baggage and had no problems with the airlines or customs.

Out front we grabbed a Taxi to the Palms in Sosua, they were asking $35.00 US, told the guy bullshit this was not our first time and offered $15.00 and gave him a $5 tip and he got us a taxi for $15.00. Most of the Taxi drivers did not know where the Palms Condos are but when we would mention Trade Winds they all knew.

There was a Cambio towards the beach if you left from the Brittania Pub that was next to an internet cafe and a real estate office, that we exchanged money at, the dominican guy in the morning gave a better rate than the german (I think) guy that would be there in the afternoons and evenings. The peso was at 37.7 and we were getting 37.5 from the dominican and 37.2 from the other guy. We did not shop around as we thought that was fair and felt comfortable with them.

We ate at many different places but our favorites were Oh La Vecha, Brittania Pub, & Cuban Cafe. We tried lots of others as well and only ate at 1 place that was just ok, the others were all better than just good, but those were the top 3 for us.

Definitely get a cell phone as it was a great way to get a girl that is not working to get her number to be able to make a date later. I did this numerous times just by getting the phone ready to put a number in, then handing it to the chica, she would enter her number and I would put in her name, then tell her either I or my friend would call her later. We both ended up with a few opportunist chicas rather than the hardcore workers and had some great GFE.

We drank at Rhumba bar quite a bit and watched the scenery, even with all the police around, there were still plenty of girls to choose from. We never ended up setting foot into La Passions, CMP, Classicos or any of the bars across the street from Rhumba, as we pretty much had things lined up prior to going out at night from meeting chicas during the day.

A typical day would be get up at 9am take a quick shower kick out whoever was there then walk into town for breakfast, after breakfast we would just walk around and see sights and get familliar with the area, talk to business owners, managers, and chicas and got into the culture. Compared to other places I have been I would really consider moving to the DR. Anyway we would head back to the Palms around 2-3pm and make a few drinks, layout in the sun on the patio for a while, then take a nap or just hang out until around 8pm and get ready for dinner, then walk into town.
    We got to know a few of the servers at some of the establishments and will stay in touch with them until our next trip and will probably have a long term friendship with them without trying to get into their pants. After the 3rd day the phone would start ringing about 8:30pm with chicas wanting to get together, this was the first time that we did not answer the phone until we were done with dinner and it was funny to see how the girls acted by not jumping when they called. Also if they called and we answered and they hung up, we would not call them back, still laughing at that one.

All in all I would rate the trip a 9.5 out of 10 and will be back. Depending on what you are looking for you will find it unless you are a total ass. Be nice to everyone and do not act like a pompous gringo, take time to get to know who is serving you or helping you, and you will have new friends that want to see you have a good time. Also the entire trip we did not act like mongers, go figure on that one but we kept things cool watching what we were talking about when others were around and I think that had a positive effect on some of the girls we met up with, only 1 asked for any money in the morning and I had already put it by here purse while she took a shower.

For those of you that would like a comparison of the Domincan Republic vs Costa Rica I would like to say the both offer a lot of fun and I am going back to CR in January, but I liked the DR better. In CR I found myself having 3-5 girls per day but in the DR it was 1 girl 3-5 times in an evening-morning then relaxing for the rest of the day. The value in the DR is alot better as well, but for me I prefer to get to know who I am playing with, and not be rushed. In Costa Rica it seems like the majority of the chicas want to get on to the next customer and tend to watch the clock plus you get all the Aye Papi's that are fake and distracting. So all in all I am looking forward to many more trips to the DR and expanding my horizions outside of Sosua. If you have any questions feel free to post them here or pm me and I will respond.
    Great report and glad you enjoyed your time here. And what you saved in taxi fare w/ return, allowed you to drink 20 Presidentes for free in the DR Way to go

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,844 Times in 377 Posts

Cool deal.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

We never ended up setting foot into La Passions, CMP, Classicos or any of the bars across the street from Rhumba, as we pretty much had things lined up prior to going out at night from meeting chicas during the day.
    This is a guy who knows how to get the best value and minimum hassle out of his trip. There is no need to pay through the nose or end up with hardcore troublesome chicas.

... and got into the culture.
    This is the only bit that puzzles me. Americans must have a different definition of culture to Europeans.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Good to hear about your great trip. It's nice to see things went peacefully and relaxed.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    I'm surprised you haven't learned Spanish since you've been living and running a business in DR and it seems like you'll be there for quite some time.

Hope Robert's not right about you not having the capacity to learn Spanish. lol.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think I was on the same flight from NYC to POP with you guys, if memory serves me correct you were drinking Jameson like water, could tell right there you guys were in the right frame of mind to have a great time,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MegasAv View Post
    I think I was on the same flight from NYC to POP with you guys, if memory serves me correct you were drinking Jameson like water, could tell right there you guys were in the right frame of mind to have a great time,

We flew in from Miami but we did polish off a crap load of Presidente's, in the neighborhood of a case a piece per day, not to mention the Pendleton that we brought and had in the condo. I already miss the chinola and rum in the morning....

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilv4play For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    This is a guy who knows how to get the best value and minimum hassle out of his trip. There is no need to pay through the nose or end up with hardcore troublesome chicas.

This is the only bit that puzzles me. Americans must have a different definition of culture to Europeans.
    For us just getting into the swing of how a town is connected, from the street vendors, to the moto concho drivers & taxi's, businesses, the chicas, and the local food, that was the culture that I am referring to.

We actually met a few non player girls and got to hang out with them and their families so we saw a different interaction then what most visitors would be accustomed to. I have been in contact with 6 of them since returning to the states and do not expect any RFM's from them as they do not work the streets.

All in all you always need to keep your guard up when in a foreign country, but not everyone is just looking for your money. In the states there is more self centeredness and its all about me.... In the DR the overall impression I got was that if you took a few minutes to get to know someone you would not only get great service but you felt like a friend. Maybe they are just really good at stroking tourists for their dollars but I did not get that impression.

We even had pan handlers walk away smiling because we took a couple of moments to talk and joke with them, without giving them money.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ilv4play For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,628 Posts

I don't want to come across as nit-picking a great trip, but are you saying you only paid for one chica the whole trip? And this was in Sosua?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Thanks

With all due respect.

But it seem that you are still in your honeymoon phase....

For us just getting into the swing of how a town is connected, from the street vendors, to the moto concho drivers & taxi's, businesses, the chicas, and the local food, that was the culture that I am referring to.

We actually met a few non player girls and got to hang out with them and their families so we saw a different interaction then what most visitors would be accustomed to. I have been in contact with 6 of them since returning to the states and do not expect any RFM's from them as they do not work the streets.

All in all you always need to keep your guard up when in a foreign country, but not everyone is just looking for your money. In the states there is more self centeredness and its all about me.... In the DR the overall impression I got was that if you took a few minutes to get to know someone you would not only get great service but you felt like a friend. Maybe they are just really good at stroking tourists for their dollars but I did not get that impression.

We even had pan handlers walk away smiling because we took a couple of moments to talk and joke with them, without giving them money.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papi_sosua View Post
    With all due respect.

But it seem that you are still in your honeymoon phase....
    Let him rock.

The Honeymoon Phase is always the best.
    I've offended you.....goood

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DASBOOTY View Post
    I don't want to come across as nit-picking a great trip, but are you saying you only paid for one chica the whole trip? And this was in Sosua?
    No you are not nit picking I was just confusing on that part. I had 7 stay the night ( 1 each night) but only one asked for money the others I gave money to when I walked them off the property. So I did pay for all 7 evenings but only 2000 - 2500 pesos.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ilv4play For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

No you are not nit picking I was just confusing on that part. I had 7 stay the night ( 1 each night) but only one asked for money the others I gave money to when I walked them off the property. So I did pay for all 7 evenings but only 2000 - 2500 pesos.
    Just so there is no further confusion - that's 2000 - 2500 pesos per chica or total for the 7 nights?

BTW - sounds like a really fun trip and a good quick report. Thanks for posting.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Ah the honeymoon phase I remember it well. It had a grip on me like crack...

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    Just so there is no further confusion - that's 2000 - 2500 pesos per chica or total for the 7 nights?
    BTW - sounds like a really fun trip and a good quick report. Thanks for posting.

Are you sure that wasn't in Puerto Plata? I heard you can get chicas there for 300-400 pesos.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    Ah the honeymoon phase I remember it well. It had a grip on me like crack...

My Honeymoon phase lasted 3 trips.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post

I gave each one 4= 2000, 3 = 2500 per night so a total of 15,500.00 ($417.00 US) on 7 nights of fun. The total I spent on food, drinks, taxis's and fun was $900.00 from when we landed to the time we left, and that included buying 150.00 worth of coffee to bring home.

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ilv4play For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information