Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: good guides?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,366 Times in 408 Posts

good guides?

anyone know any good, trustworthy guides that i might be able to use on my trip? i may or may not use one but i feel like it always good to have the contacts for one just in case. Basically i am looking for someone who is has knows a few of the not so common venues where i can meet girls. They need to be able to speak good enough english to communicate with me and also to translate for me if i need. The younger they are the better since i am on the younger side they could pass as my wingman easier. This is does not really matter but i am trying to keep under the radar as much as i can.

i was thinking of paying the person about $40 for the 6 days (max i will go is 50). The cheaper the better. I might only use them for a few days if i feel comfortable enough.

you can pm or post your suggestions on here.

thanks in advance

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dmoney For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,844 Times in 377 Posts

Re: good guides?

I dont know his name but if you are ever bored at night and have nothing really pressing then slip into the Hideaway next to classicos there is a young black guy who sits at the bar almost everynight he always has a hat and glasses on and a laptop case with him he just sits there.

i went and talked with him one night and his parents are dominican and he was born there but ended up growing up in brooklyn with his uncle now he is back in the dr and he speaks fluent english and spanish.

he was going to take me around and show me some shit i wrote down his number before i bought my phone and lost it. i never made an attempt to find him again i just cut my losses. but he is in there go and talk to him. he seems like a straight up kat.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

In Sosua RAMON!!!!!

He'll get you all the chicks you need. Ain't nothng wrong with the common places...cause in Sosua there all common places.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney View Post
    anyone know any good, trustworthy guides that i might be able to use on my trip? i may or may not use one but i feel like it always good to have the contacts for one just in case. Basically i am looking for someone who is has knows a few of the not so common venues where i can meet girls. They need to be able to speak good enough english to communicate with me and also to translate for me if i need. The younger they are the better since i am on the younger side they could pass as my wingman easier. This is does not really matter but i am trying to keep under the radar as much as i can.

i was thinking of paying the person about $40 for the 6 days (max i will go is 50). The cheaper the better. I might only use them for a few days if i feel comfortable enough.

thanks in advance
    I've offended you.....goood

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    In Sosua RAMON!!!!!

He'll get you all the chicks you need. Ain't nothng wrong with the common places...cause in Sosua there all common places.
    This is him, the guy with the EastCoast Jersey.

That's my mans, He's good people and he won't rob you (as long as you not an obvious vic) speaks english, knows all the thugs, so you'll be safe.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 931 Posts

This is him, the guy with the EastCoast Jersey.
    Click to see pic

That's my mans, He's good people and he won't rob you (as long as you not an obvious vic) speaks english, knows all the thugs, so you'll be safe.
    EC? what's up with that Sig?... The kinder, gentler? Don't have these lames thinking that BK is going soft on them LMAO

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryatt View Post
    EC? what's up with that Sig?... The kinder, gentler? Don't have these lames thinking that BK is going soft on them LMAO
    Taking it down a notch, but i'll be back on my bullshit once they forget

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

On the good guides topic, I suggested 1500 pesos per day for Ramon

I never needed a guide around Sosua outside of this board.

But if you had to pay a guide, how much would you pay???

12. The Following User Says Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

Also gotta think about what you want from the guide. does he meet you for breakfast, lunch, dinner, then drinks?

I always think if your rolling solo its better to get someone with like interests (other tourist mongers) to roll with than a random person in a hustler area.

I also prefer rolling with chicas. Id rather go to the beach with a chica than some dude.

Dominicans are also incredibly friendly so you will make friends if you are looking for them....

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigLongBeach View Post
    Also gotta think about what you want from the guide. does he meet you for breakfast, lunch, dinner, then drinks?

I always think if your rolling solo its better to get someone with like interests (other tourist mongers) to roll with than a random person in a hustler area.

I also prefer rolling with chicas. Id rather go to the beach with a chica than some dude.

Dominicans are also incredibly friendly so you will make friends if you are looking for them....
    I mean, that's how I roll, I roll dolo or with a freind or two.

But if the OP insists on a guide.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

On the good guides topic, I suggested 1500 pesos per day for Ramon

I never needed a guide around Sosua outside of this board.

But if you had to pay a guide, how much would you pay???

Thanks

i like rolling solo. i am just looking for someone to show me around for maybe an hour or two each day (or until i get the hang of things). mostly need them to show me the less hardcore girls and maybe get me lower prices with them. nothing too special. don't really want them to hang with me all day long just for when i want to go hunting.

i can do stuff on my own but its just sort of backup plan for me and i think it would be cool to have someone to roll with my first night there so i can learn how things work there first hand.

thanks for your help EC i will try and find Roman if i can.

anyone else got any other recommendations and what price is fair for what i am looking for?

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dmoney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,029 Times in 652 Posts

Before my first trip I was spending 4 hours a night reading trip reports and posts on ISOC for about 3 months. I arrived and did a daytime walk around Sosua to orient myself finding all the places I'd read about. Then as the trip went on I met plenty of like minded travelers and LISTENED well.

You sure don't need a guide to find Classicos and after that the girls will find you. Reading the trip reports will give you a crash course in negotiating and recognizing "games." I suppose a guide would help with the negotiation and maybe keeping you away from some troublesome girls but sooner or later you'll need to take off the training wheels and go it alone.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shredder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

Maybe we could spit out the names of some of the cool/trusted local dominicans?

My boy Felix has always been straight up. Short dude, has a motto, he is born and bread in sosua but he speaks english. He works/worked at a cafeteria next to scotia bank on Pedro Clisante. Just buy him presidentes at classicos and he will be cool. If you like him get him a big girl for take out.

He never asked me for a peso, and always asked permission before getting a drink from our bottles in the club. I got him a girl one night, and i bought food from his spot a few times.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i agree with you shredder ... i have been reading reports non stop so i have a good idea. i just wanted one as more of a backup in case i am in a pinch in the daytime and need some help. like i said in my original post i may or may not use them.

also thanks longbeach i will see if i can find him.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dmoney For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My suggestion is take the time to learn spanish better. I downloaded the pimsler cd's from CRT's website and put them on my Ipod. Whenever I am driving or traveling I am learning. It makes a huge difference and in the DR if you are trying and totally f-up the words and grammar the chicas think its cute. Seriously if you are going to play where they speak a different language invest in yourself it will make a good trip great. We took a few hours to get acquainted with Sosua and did not need much more. All you really need to know is that Pedro Clisante goes from the South West at the beach to La Passions which is North East, DR Rosen intersects Pedro Clisante and if you stay left on the turns in the road you will end up back towards the beach on Pedro Clisante. Most of what you will be looking for is in that area.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilv4play For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

on my last trip I hung out with Robert12132 (sorry I don't know the exact numbers, but I am sure he will reply if interested), and basically bought him many beers through out the weekend. I think the money he saved us in food more then made up his beer expense. He was a wealth of information in the Sosua area.

He may not have all the things you are looking for since he is older, and speaks perfect english, and I am sure his spanish is getting better by the day, but if he is willing to hang out with you, he would be able to answer a lot of questions in the area, and you will not have to worry about safety.

We just bought him beers at NG and around the bars and clubs.

Assuming he wants to hang out, I would strongly suggest at least having a few beers, or lunch with him, I am sure you will walk away with some helpful info.

Heading down there again in 30 days, and will call Robert up for many many beers.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

What is the matter with all you guys? Have you learned nothing from ISOC?

Any local who tries to earn a living as a guide to mongers in Sosúa is very likely to be total piece of shit. If he can speak English well he probably learned it in Rykers.

The best that can happen is that he sponges off you, cramps your style, and you will have a helluva job shaking him off, this trip and any future trip you will make. It will be like having dogshit on your shoe for the whole of your vacation.

The worst that can happen is that he will set you up to be robbed or for some scam which will cost you plenty.

These guys can do nothing for you that you cannot do for yourself. If you are total newbie there are loads of mongers hanging at the New Garden, Rocky's, Passions, Black Box and other popular spots who can get you started.

This does not apply to Robert13212 who is American and totally reliable, but if you ask for his help at least pay his drinks and motoconcho or gas expenses if any are incurred.

Someone wrote of "trusted" Dominicans. If you trust any male Dominican who does not have a regular job in Sosúa you are an idiot. The town attracts scum from across the DR because so many dumbass gringo "marks" are there. Why are you falling over yourselves to be one of them?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,333 Times in 1,160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLongBeach View Post
    Maybe we could spit out the names of some of the cool/trusted local dominicans?

In my 1st few trips to the DR I thought I knew a couple of guys who were cool/trustworthy ... after my 10th trip there not so much ...

Here is a complete list of Dominicans I firmly believe to be cool/trusted:

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    End of list

While I haven't bothered to get to know many .... My cool/trusted ex-pat list in Sosua is a copy of the above.

I said Sosua ... there are 2 from this board in POP and 1 in SDQ who would make my list, but none in Sosua ... I have met some Ex-pats who are equal to or worse than their Dominican counterparts!
    You are not special!

She is not different than the others!

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kennilingus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

I have to echo Weylands assessment. Robert is fun to hang out with and there are plenty of good ISOC guys looking for a buddy to have a few drinks with and roaming from Passions and the various bars. I live in the DR and I would not trust any Dominican that hangs out in Sosua... There might be someone that you meet up with and talk a bit with, but even that is dangerous or can be annoying to me.

Finding putas in Sosua is like shooting fish in a barrel. You just want to have a good time in between and avoid the scams. Being green, you will likely get the puta that raises her price after you agree and then threatens to make a big stink of it...that sort of thing... It will be learning pains, but reading the board here will go a long way and meeting up with a few members here when you get there will also help out a lot.

Don't be put off by the age of the ISOC members if they are older than you. Your not going out dancing with them to pick up normal girls in clubs...Your there for a good time and good advice and to share your experiences in between. Also, an older experienced guy will be able to tell you what you did wrong after you make your mistakes and help you learn quicker... Sometimes nothing can keep you from making mistakes, its part of the deal...its only in retrospect do you fully understand what happened and with an older experienced guy to talk with you will learn what to do next time or learn to just let it go because there may have not been much we could have done to avert the drama...it just goes with the territory...

You are going to have a great time... Nothing but the best!

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

thanks in advance

Are you saying per day or in total?

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information