Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 05/2011 - What is the cost of an Orange Cell phone??

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,334 Times in 6,472 Posts

Re: 05/2011 - What is the cost of an Orange Cell phone??

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    assuming your phone is a gsm phone and not a cdma (cdma phones don't use sim cards and can't be unlocked) call your provider and ask them for an unlock code, most of them will give you the code if you've been a customer for a while. it's just a numeric code you enter in the keypad. some need to be connected to a device via the data port to be unlocked, though, for that you'd need to take it into a shop to have it done.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLongBeach View Post
    1st try to unlock it for free. Call up your service provider and they should be able to unlock your phone for you. If it is a new phone usually there is wait period before you can unlock.

2nd if you live in a major city try the (non-brand) cellphone stores. The codes on the internet cost between $15-$20 + whatever labor fee they will charge. Most hispanic/dominican barber shops will have some1 who can help out.

you can try doing it yourself. Just google the topic and you will get some responses. The only problem with this is that you might try to purchase the code from a non-reputable website

When in D.R. you can go to any phone store. The problem with this is time, knowledge, and technology. It can run you up2 2000rd depending on the phone.

all those entail the same thing. purchasing the unlock code(s).... Hopefully your service provider can do it for free.

Now that you mention it i have to unlock my phone....
    Smh I can't believe I'm just now doing this and you guys told me over a year ago. The code is very easy to get. I'm replacingmy beat up g2 droid and getting a brand new one thanks to my warranty (cost is 5 dollars) and later ill upgrade andhave a phone for the states and my new g2 for travel once I unlock it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: What is the cost of an Orange Cell phone??

Quote Originally Posted by captbartman View Post
    you can get a orange or claro sim card and have it cut to size at a few places in town or buy a sim cutter on ebay ...
    thanks.. will be in Sousa in 3 days

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bernard fife For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Re: 05/2011 - What is the cost of an Orange Cell phone??

My last trip to Sosua in Sept I took a AT & T iphone 3gs down that I thought was already unlocked. Turned out is was still locked and I ended up taking it to a couple different cell phone shops and neither one could get it unlocked.

Once home I was able to get it unlocked through AT & T but it was a process that ultimately included an upgrade to ios 6 through an Itunes restore.

This was a rather lengthy process so if your thinking about taking a newer iphone you might want to make sure it is unlocked before you get there.

I took an iphone 3 on an earlier trip and was able to unlock it in a different manner with no issues and I think the DR phone guys would have been able to unlock that one as well.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information