Thread: airline travel programs

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,336 Times in 6,473 Posts

airline travel programs

I was just wondering what other members use to gain miles, free flights and things like that.

I currently use jetblues true blue program, working on getting the card next time they offer 20k miles (they seem to do that once a year).
    And I'm also using capital ones rewards checking to gain enough points to get discounts on my flights. I really wanted the chase continental one but by the time I went to get it they had phased out the program for new members, only existing members can take advantage of it now.

Anyone got any good ideas?? Not sure how spirits program is but if anyone has it let me know.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Re: airline travel programs

Quote Originally Posted by MrMagnum View Post
    I was just wondering what other members use to gain miles, free flights and things like that.

I currently use jetblues true blue program, working on getting the card next time they offer 20k miles (they seem to do that once a year).
    And I'm also using capital ones rewards checking to gain enough points to get discounts on my flights. I really wanted the chase continental one but by the time I went to get it they had phased out the program for new members, only existing members can take advantage of it now.

Anyone got any good ideas?? Not sure how spirits program is but if anyone has it let me know.

I use Spirit, American and Delta these days.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I fly AA almost exclusively at the end of june i'll be at 1,900,000 miles lifetime im trying for lifetime platinum by reaching 2 million miles BTW all my Miles are personal

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hughgrection For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hughgrection View Post
    I fly AA almost exclusively at the end of june i'll be at 1,900,000 miles lifetime im trying for lifetime platinum by reaching 2 million miles BTW all my Miles are personal

I only have 480,000 lifetime.

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

for the canadians i find www.aeroplan.ca to be good

luckily i get to charge 30 to 40k each month to my cibc visa card from my businesses so i get 30 to 40,000 ff miles every month just from my visa purchases.

i also try to take a 10 day vacay every month and get another 15,ooo ff miles plus get a 50% ff mile bonus on them.

this allows me to send the wife to cuba or mexico to visit her family on ff miles while i go elsewhere and also still leaves me lots of extra ff miles to go to cuba and mexico myself. (i find paying cash for the long haul flights to get the miles works out the best and i use the ff miles for the 4 hour or less flights.

air canada's new e-upgrade program allows for lots of free 1st class upgrades. ( less than 18hours to take off to bkk with the free upgrade)
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

10. The Following User Says Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Clap Re: airline travel programs

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    for the canadians i find www.aeroplan.ca to be good

luckily i get to charge 30 to 40k each month to my cibc visa card from my businesses so i get 30 to 40,000 ff miles every month just from my visa purchases.

i also try to take a 10 day vacay every month and get another 15,ooo ff miles plus get a 50% ff mile bonus on them.

this allows me to send the wife to cuba or mexico to visit her family on ff miles while i go elsewhere and also still leaves me lots of extra ff miles to go to cuba and mexico myself. (i find paying cash for the long haul flights to get the miles works out the best and i use the ff miles for the 4 hour or less flights.

air canada's new e-upgrade program allows for lots of free 1st class upgrades. ( less than 18hours to take off to bkk with the free upgrade)
    Very lucky mannn. 10 days every month, you live on vacation. I wonder if this is the life the great Jimmy lives too. You guys are my inspiration for quality living .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm looking forward to Jetblues AYCJ 2011. I hope to go to DR a couple of times and sprinkle in a couple of other places.

Anyone else looking forward to All You Can Jet 2011??

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Very lucky mannn. 10 days every month, you live on vacation. I wonder if this is the life the great Jimmy lives too. You guys are my inspiration for quality living .
    after working 80 hour weeks i need a few days off

15. The Following User Says Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,239 Times in 5,923 Posts

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ams&highlight=

17. The Following User Says Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Joey. The Poll actually is better.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thread Information