Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hotel El Colibri

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Re: Hotel El Colibri

Quote Originally Posted by praguealchemist View Post
    I took my chica to El Clibri for the friday seafood special last week. Disappointing is an understatement. I spoke with Patrick, who seems to run the show in Moniques absence, and he told me it was all you can eat for 495. I reserved for 2 persons at 7pm when they start.

The special comes with a soup. I guess the tiny portion of soup served with a teaspoon should have been warning enough about the meal experience. I told the waitress about the small soup portion and it took her two more portions to get it right. She served the third portion with a regular soup spoon and the portion itself was twice the first two portions. All together (3 soups) it was like a bowl of soup in the states. Tasty soup, but very little seafood despite being called seafood soup.

The main course arrived and it was also tasty with a variation of seafood items, including half a lobster. The waitress looked at me with a look like you really want a second portion. I spoke with Patrick and he said yes it is all you can eat and I will take care of you and he told the waitress to get me a second portion. Again tasty, but no lobster second portion.

Tired of dealing with them about getting food so when Patrick came to ask if we wanted dessert. I told him since they did not have ice cream, we would go next door to Germania restaurant for ice cream. He said he would take care of it. He took care of me alright charging me about double the price of the same ice cream served at Germania. He sent one of his people there to get it and charged me double for the few steps it took to get it. El Colibri, you disappoint. Diners beware.
    Thanks for the first hand warning of the deceptive business practices at El Colibri.
    I hate this kind of shit and it appear you have more tolerance than I do. I would not have paid until I ate ALL THE LOBSTER OR SEAFOOD I desired to eat if it was a ALL you can Eat price which is really stupid of them even doing for 495. Giving you another half a lobster would have been the smart move. Some of these stupid DR businesses will never get it.
    Just Doing It

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

I took my chica to El Clibri for the friday seafood special last week. Disappointing is an understatement. I spoke with Patrick, who seems to run the show in Moniques absence, and he told me it was all you can eat for 495. I reserved for 2 persons at 7pm when they start.

The special comes with a soup. I guess the tiny portion of soup served with a teaspoon should have been warning enough about the meal experience. I told the waitress about the small soup portion and it took her two more portions to get it right. She served the third portion with a regular soup spoon and the portion itself was twice the first two portions. All together (3 soups) it was like a bowl of soup in the states. Tasty soup, but very little seafood despite being called seafood soup.

The main course arrived and it was also tasty with a variation of seafood items, including half a lobster. The waitress looked at me with a look like you really want a second portion. I spoke with Patrick and he said yes it is all you can eat and I will take care of you and he told the waitress to get me a second portion. Again tasty, but no lobster second portion.

Tired of dealing with them about getting food so when Patrick came to ask if we wanted dessert. I told him since they did not have ice cream, we would go next door to Germania restaurant for ice cream. He said he would take care of it. He took care of me alright charging me about double the price of the same ice cream served at Germania. He sent one of his people there to get it and charged me double for the few steps it took to get it. El Colibri, you disappoint. Diners beware.
    This is precisely why even when my buddies and I stay there we NEVER eat there.
    Bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym ...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Thanks for the first hand warning of the deceptive business practices at El Colibri.
    I hate this kind of shit and it appear you have more tolerance than I do. I would not have paid until I ate ALL THE LOBSTER OR SEAFOOD I desired to eat if it was a ALL you can Eat price which is really stupid of them even doing for 495. Giving you another half a lobster would have been the smart move. Some of these stupid DR businesses will never get it.
    Maybe translated it comes out more like "All we LET you eat".
    LOL

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Maybe translated it comes out more like "All we LET you eat".
    LOL
    'puedes' and 'permitimos' ... at least they both start with p's.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm sorry Senor,, you did not read the Sign ??

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post

Mike most of them will never get it, that is the shame of it.

Actually just felt like posting something, it seems that most of the threads that I have started, have been moved to other levels, and since I don't post on other leves any longer, I can no longer post on most of the threads I have started ..... oh well.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Why didn't you tell him how much of a scumbag he was for doing that?
    I've offended you.....goood

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Mike most of them will never get it, that is the shame of it.

Actually just felt like posting something, it seems that most of the threads that I have started, have been moved to other levels, and since I don't post on other leves any longer, I can no longer post on most of the threads I have started ..... oh well.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Your threads were not moved to other levels; they were shut down!!

I just wanted it to be clear.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thats a Lovely Baby, but I hope the little bastard is not Mine...

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    Why didn't you tell him how much of a scumbag he was for doing that?
    I will just not go back. I already take blood pressure medicine, no reason to get it high by a confrontation. I believe in Karma so that is enough for me. I hope my post prevents the same from happening to others. A guy staying at my hotel went there yesterday for the all you can eat indo-asian buffet and was disappointed. He said that the buffet was not ready when they opened at 7 and then the food was cold once it was brought out. Eventually they will get the proper message with no returnees if they continue such bad business practices-let the free market speak.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to praguealchemist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,909 Times in 1,445 Posts

I will just not go back. I already take blood pressure medicine, no reason to get it high by a confrontation. I believe in Karma so that is enough for me. I hope my post prevents the same from happening to others. A guy staying at my hotel went there yesterday for the all you can eat indo-asian buffet and was disappointed. He said that the buffet was not ready when they opened at 7 and then the food was cold once it was brought out. Eventually they will get the proper message with no returnees if they continue such bad business practices-let the free market speak.

Wow thats all I have to say, I was there in March and returned again in July, when I was there everything was good, but I guess Juan was feeding guests big portions and got replaced by a manager that wants to inpress Steve and Monique by saving them money, instead of trying to keep guests happy.

Maybe I wont return to Colibri.
    Putas are like lottery tickets, sometimes you get a winner sometimes you get a loser.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vewdew For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

All of us need to print up a few of these and start leaving them in places like Colibri when they do this crap. Maybe they'll get the hint(but don't hold your breath)

If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

26. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    Your threads were not moved to other levels; they were shut down!!

I just wanted it to be clear.

Many were shut down others were moved. Just to be clear.

Regardless, I will not post in any that are in an upper level, if you move this, I won't post in this one any longer, for example.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,102 Times in 1,088 Posts

Wow you guys are hard not returning to a hotel and saying the place sucksbecause one guy was not happy with one meal. Always had great service from Monique, i was there 5 times in a one bedroom apartment. Last trip in october i paid 35$ a night for this apartment. At this price you get much more then what you pay for.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michel3275 View Post
    Wow you guys are hard not returning to a hotel and saying the place sucksbecause one guy was not happy with one meal. Always had great service from Monique, i was there 5 times in a one bedroom apartment. Last trip in october i paid 35$ a night for this apartment. At this price you get much more then what you pay for.
    I MUST AGREE! I have always been happy with Colibri as a hotel. Monique has always gone out of her way for me when I was there. So has all of her staff. Again the only person I didnt like was Juan. He is gone. Never had to deal with Steve. But I can tell you if you speak with Monique she will make it right. I do however agree the food portions are small for the price. But they are tasty.
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,909 Times in 1,445 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgunzbxxx View Post
    I MUST AGREE! I have always been happy with Colibri as a hotel. Monique has always gone out of her way for me when I was there. So has all of her staff. Again the only person I didnt like was Juan. He is gone. Never had to deal with Steve. But I can tell you if you speak with Monique she will make it right. I do however agree the food portions are small for the price. But they are tasty.

Like I said I never had a problem and like you stated Monique always goes out of her way to please costumers and I can say that cause she always took good care of me and other guests, Now lots of people deslike Juan with me he always been great, never once he pissed me off always took care of my probs.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to vewdew For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,365 Times in 1,005 Posts

im sure el colibri has its ups and downs just like most establishments anywhere, but to me its hard to find good customer service in a lot of places in the d.r....not saying that all dominicans dont give good customer service, but for the most part, its hard to find...esp in sosua...
    "Square players get played, pimps get paid, macks persuade"

"Trust me…never buy a depreciating asset. If it drives, flies, floats or f*cks - lease it!"

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Nah you guys are right, that was just unforgiveable! Stay away from that place!

Besides, I want it all to myself anyway.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,102 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vewdew View Post
    Like I said I never had a problem and like you stated Monique always goes out of her way to please costumers and I can say that cause she always took good care of me and other guests, Now lots of people deslike Juan with me he always been great, never once he pissed me off always took care of my probs.
    Ok then why are you saying you maybe wont go back there?

40. The Following User Says Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information