Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flying into STI at 3am

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

Re: Flying into STI at 3am

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    You decided when your going back?
    I priced the 9th It may be the following week though.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by El Chivo View Post
    I'm gonna do this midnite STI run this coming Friday and will report on how it goes...I have never been to Santiago before but someone said Passions (Santiago) should be open (??) i was thinking of hitting Passions from the airport when i arrive and maybe taking a cabana with a chica ...and then take the bus up to Sosua around noon...

Anybody think this is doable?

I got this flight for 228 all in...AA to POP same itinerary was over 800 so yeah worth the effort... I think
    Most definitely. All three of the big casas, not just Pasion, will be open till late on Fri. Though I personally feel that Pasion is probably the best at that hour.

Your plan is quite sound. And it will save you $70+ in transpo costs. It's what I'd do if I had to go to Sosua. But then, I personally never saw the appeal of arriving in Sosua at 5am. To each his own, I guess.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

I'm gonna do this midnite STI run this coming Friday and will report on how it goes...I have never been to Santiago before but someone said Passions (Santiago) should be open (??) i was thinking of hitting Passions from the airport when i arrive and maybe taking a cabana with a chica ...and then take the bus up to Sosua around noon...

Anybody think this is doable?

I got this flight for 228 all in...AA to POP same itinerary was over 800 so yeah worth the effort... I think
    yup, very doable.
    I've offended you.....goood

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

You will be lucky if there is coffee upstairs in the food court let alone car rentals at that hour in the AM.
    The other option is what was suggested also.Pasion,chica and a cabana.That sounds better than $80 on a taxi to get to Sosua at 5AM.
    After the chica and a little sleep you grab a bus and save a little.

But if you want to take a taxi.........then take a taxi!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

I've taken several international flights on spirit, and especially the DR flights are always seem to be an hour or two late, I am gambling on the fact that this flight is late which would actually help me out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    Most definitely. All three of the big casas, not just Pasion, will be open till late on Fri. Though I personally feel that Pasion is probably the best at that hour.

Your plan is quite sound. And it will save you $70+ in transpo costs. It's what I'd do if I had to go to Sosua. But then, I personally never saw the appeal of arriving in Sosua at 5am. To each his own, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    yup, very doable.
    Good to hear. Thanks.

I also heard that Pasion and the other clubs were not too far from the airport
    Todos son rosa dentro

9. The Following User Says Thank You to El Chivo For This Useful Post:

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    Compared to POP enough of a difference for me. I live close to fll and prefer that airport. This is based on finding 2 more people to split rental car with.

Now sti spirit is a bit cheaper but not much, but the spirit hours work better for me. I get all day friday Saturday and Sunday with no sleep Sunday night.

With aa I lose a day and a half
    HOW WOULD YOU LOSE 1 1/2 days?Is it because you would have to drive to Miami?

Thanks

Good to hear. Thanks.

I also heard that Pasion and the other clubs were not too far from the airport
    Pasion is close by. And so are a bunch of the better cabanas. But Casa Blanca and Illusions are in another part of town.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoseman View Post
    HOW WOULD YOU LOSE 1 1/2 days?Is it because you would have to drive to Miami?
    Now after reading some posts, maybe 1 day. I really want to use my spirit miles too which influences more towards spirit.

Based on weekend trips towards the end of September flying out Thursday.to.either Sunday or Monday.

Spirit flies at midnight (eta sosua 6-7am) on Thursday and aa around 9pm sti around 11pm. I guess I would spend a night in sti and drive up to sosua the following morning.

The flight back is what kills me because it flies out at 845 on Sunday or Monday morning. Spirit only has 1 flight Monday 3am. On aa, I would lose all of Sunday and probably need to go back to sti Saturday night to be safe. I only really have 1 night in sosua. On spirit I can drive straight to sosua and back to the airport Sunday at midnight and 2.75 nights in sosua, with no sleep on Sunday. If I fly back Monday morning on aaaa. I will need to take another day off of work. With spirit, theoretically I would return straight to work for the worst day of work in my life, but my balls will be leche free.

It would be great if I could take aa there and spirit back but MIA and fll airports are 30 minutes away.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Does anyone know what i should expect to pay a taxista to take me to la Pasion from STI?

And if Spirit arrives late and i decide to go straight to the main Caribe Tours station for the 6am bus... are there publicos there at STI? or would i have to take a taxi? And what would i expect to pay for the taxi ride to Caribe? Looks far on the google maps

Thanks fellas

EC

Thanks

From STI to Passion, straight, USD 100.

And there are publicos on STI but not sure that they work the airport.
    Taxi to Caribe or Metro will cost you USD 20.

Does anyone know what i should expect to pay a taxista to take me to la Pasion from STI?

And if Spirit arrives late and i decide to go straight to the main Caribe Tours station for the 6am bus... are there publicos there at STI? or would i have to take a taxi? And what would i expect to pay for the taxi ride to Caribe? Looks far on the google maps

Thanks fellas

EC

Thanks

Thanks fellas

EC
    Any taxi ride from STI to most anywhere in the city, including Pasion, will cost you around 700RD. I never seen publicos stopping inside the airport. I doubt the taxi mafia would allow that. Maybe you can catch one if you walk down to the autopista. Otherwise, I think you're stuck taking a cab.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The 3 am arrival into STI worked out fine. On time depature and arrival and Santiago Airport seemed more upscale than either POP or SDQ. I ended up chatting with a guy next to me who said he owned a couple of nightclubs and he invited me to one of them he had in the Hoten Matun in Santiago. Sure enough his boys picked us up in a Cayenne SUV and took us to the Hotel.. I took a room there and partied with him and his friends till 6am. There were chicas working as well as regular couples and it wast always easy to tell who was who ... I ended up with a chica who apparently was NOT on the menu but she was adorable so it was just drinking and dancing. Pricing I was told was 150-200. Some fuglies pitched me at closing but I declined...

At 10 I was up for breakfast....salchichone, yucca and chicken soup was the offering... and there was one american non - spanish speaking gringa tourist was not very happy with the choice! I met a gringo from Tampa who was on the same flight and is a memeber of the Latina CUPID dating site and was working that method meeting chicas. He had one waiting in Cabarete... He had never heard of Sosua... so we went together to the Metro station to catch the next bus. The 1:15 was full and the next was at 4:15. So we walked up to Caribe Tours where there was a 12:15. The chick at the window said it was full so she put us on the waiting list. She called a few names but not ours and we watched the bus leave without us. Next bus was a t2:15 and again we would have to be standby... FUCK This was a Saturday so maybe that was the issue. So my recommendation here is that one make advance reservations for the bus up to the coast...

My new amigo and I decided to split a cab at this point. There were cabs right outside the bus station, but the first guy on the line had a car that looked like it had seen many years of service in the Santo Domingo demolition derby and we took an air conditioned van. The taxista called in on the radio for the fare and it was only 2500 peso, less than i thought, and off we went.

I immediately went to the Metro office in sosua and bought the return ticket for Santiago that leaves at the 5:50pm. Will let you know how the return goes...

EC

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to El Chivo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

El Chivo... Nice post, but it sounds more like the begin of a TRIP report than just simply helpful advice (which it is also)...thanks...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    El Chivo... Nice post, but it sounds more like the begin of a TRIP report than just simply helpful advice (which it is also)...thanks...
    He posted something elsewhere too about sosua, perhaps someone can duct tape it together.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    LOL yeah i hear ya... but there are three things I think I can contribute towards here on ISOC...the Santiago Spirit option... the state of Sosua in the wake of the crackdown, and my stay at Sosua Bay resort. since there are three separate threads on these subjects I figured it would be more useful for board members if I chopped it up separately...

it's a given of course I'm having a great time with the chicas... does anyone really need to hear about that? LOL

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to El Chivo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

LOL yeah i hear ya... but there are three things I think I can contribute towards here on ISOC...the Santiago Spirit option... the state of Sosua in the wake of the crackdown, and my stay at Sosua Bay resort. since there are three separate threads on these subjects I figured it would be more useful for board members if I chopped it up separately...

it's a given of course I'm having a great time with the chicas... does anyone really need to hear about that? LOL
    Did you notice if people were working the rental car agencies?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,336 Times in 6,473 Posts

Those 3 things are all things I want to hear about. Especially the spirit option I'm very interested to read about your experience with them. Also if you could share where your home airport (fll has it easyyyy on spirit)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dominican dave View Post
    Those 3 things are all things I want to hear about. Especially the spirit option I'm very interested to read about your experience with them. Also if you could share where your home airport (fll has it easyyyy on spirit)

I fly Spirit and they give you what you pay for.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,336 Times in 6,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    I fly Spirit and they give you what you pay for.
    Oh I know u fly spirit mr colombia.

I know I get what I pay for with them. Great prices and deals but just lookin for a lil more info on layover and stuff like that. Plus its nice to have some spirit stories that aren't horror ones.

I'm still weighing on getting the card for the amazing off peak awards.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information