Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flying into STI at 3am

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Re: Flying into STI at 3am

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    With American you get a calander and can see that only Mon - Thur is available, most times of the year.
    Can you book the flight immediately with aa? Or call an operator

Thursday to Monday.trips are perfect for me, my balls can't take much more work. However I remember with the aa card, you need a lot of purchases for a free trip compared to the spirit card.

With my math phone, cable and car insurance and gas equates to 1 Dr, 1 ny, and one mde trip a year. I am not sure.I can get that with 10 grand of purchases with aa card. If so need to fire the spirit card as soon as I use the miles.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    Thursday to Monday.trips are perfect for me, my balls can't take much more work. However I remember with the aa card, you need a lot of purchases for a free trip compared to the spirit card.

With my math phone, cable and car insurance and gas equates to 1 Dr, 1 ny, and one mde trip a year. I am not sure.I can get that with 10 grand of purchases with aa card. If so need to fire the spirit card as soon as I use the miles.

Is that all you want?

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Is that all you want?
    And a kosher vegetarian meal

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

And a kosher vegetarian meal

Fly Cathway Pacific, first class to Thailand. I think you may be happy.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,336 Times in 6,473 Posts
    Can you book the flight immediately with aa? Or call an operator

With aa what I'm working on right now is 150k miles through two cards and two bonus offers of 75k each. Requirements are to spend 1500 on one card and 4000 on another.

That's enough for a couple of flights tho its through card offers.

Spirit has the lowest redemption rates I ever seen though and the off peak oones are insane. That's enough reason to get the card right there. If all I had to do is fly Monday through Thursday then that's reasonable too.

Thanks for all the great spirit posts in here

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dominican dave View Post
    With aa what I'm working on right now is 150k miles through two cards and two bonus offers of 75k each. Requirements are to spend 1500 on one card and 4000 on another.

That's enough for a couple of flights tho its through card offers.

Spirit has the lowest redemption rates I ever seen though and the off peak oones are insane. That's enough reason to get the card right there. If all I had to do is fly Monday through Thursday then that's reasonable too.

Thanks for all the great spirit posts in here
    Not sure where you live and where you fly out of but jetblue amex is good too, I plan on using for 2 westchester flights and a sdq flight from fll. I used this card but switched to the spirit card since they approved me. $1 = 1 mile. I will keep the card only for the car rental insurance now and occasional westchester flight.

Fll sdq costs around 12000 miles and is about $100, in taxes and includes luggage. If you don't have one, I think you get 15000, miles for signing up. Let me know I get 5000 for referals.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Not sure where you live and where you fly out of but jetblue amex is good too, I plan on using for 2 westchester flights and a sdq flight from fll. I used this card but switched to the spirit card since they approved me. $1 = 1 mile. I will keep the card only for the car rental insurance now and occasional westchester flight.

Fll sdq costs around 12000 miles and is about $100, in taxes and includes luggage. If you don't have one, I think you get 15000, miles for signing up. Let me know I get 5000 for referals.
    I fly out of jfk or I could do newark or lga in ny.
    I recently divorced jetblue after I came to realize I could be treated a lot better elsewhere. I had the amex card but they cut me off...credit issues lol but it was when they had the old program which I loved.
    I was going to reapply when they had the 20k offer which usually happens around april or may every year.
    I like the spirit card with 2 miles per dollar. Another thing I didn't like about jetblue is you earn points. I need miles fuck points. 10k points is a one way flight even tho they advertise rt...that's a huge turn off.
    I rather deal with an airline expecting me to be flexible than one trying to fuck me into taking a bunch of trips and leeching off my dollars in exchange for points..
    Sorry jetblue makes me upset but props for getting the spirit one. That seems like a good deal for whoever is flexible enough to play with it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dominican dave View Post
    I fly out of jfk or I could do newark or lga in ny.
    I recently divorced jetblue after I came to realize I could be treated a lot better elsewhere. I had the amex card but they cut me off...credit issues lol but it was when they had the old program which I loved.
    I was going to reapply when they had the 20k offer which usually happens around april or may every year.
    I like the spirit card with 2 miles per dollar. Another thing I didn't like about jetblue is you earn points. I need miles fuck points. 10k points is a one way flight even tho they advertise rt...that's a huge turn off.
    I rather deal with an airline expecting me to be flexible than one trying to fuck me into taking a bunch of trips and leeching off my dollars in exchange for points..
    Sorry jetblue makes me upset but props for getting the spirit one. That seems like a good deal for whoever is flexible enough to play with it
    Me thinks spirits gonna get you fired up value for sure but I see some drama posts in your future. Have you flown spirit before?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Me thinks spirits gonna get you fired up value for sure but I see some drama posts in your future. Have you flown spirit before?
    Nope I'm stilll a spirit virgin. And if I go spirit I want to get the card. id use it for short trips and colombia from what I can think of off the top of my head.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

I'd never fly the lousy fuckers again!! Horrible customer service! And the only time my flight was not delayed, was the fucking time I needed it to be!!! That cost me $560 for my missed flight!! But shit, you just can't pass up $1=2 miles!!!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

I'll fly to Medellin for $136RT in Sept.(including carry-on each way)using miles and smile all the way there!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    I'll fly to Medellin for $136RT in Sept.(including carry-on each way)using miles and smile all the way there!
    Shit Jack, if I was as old as you, and still alive....I'd be smiling all the way too!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    I'd never fly the lousy fuckers again!! Horrible customer service! And the only time my flight was not delayed, was the fucking time I needed it to be!!! That cost me $560 for my missed flight!! But shit, you just can't pass up $1=2 miles!!!!!
    Ya but Trey.......you and Nap are big time business men now and can right your trips off !!!!
    If you already don't do it for the bail bond business you could tell the IRS you were following up a lead for a bail jumper!!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Shit Jack, if I was as old as you, and still alive....I'd be smiling all the way too!!
    Everybody tells me that........am I that old?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ya but Trey.......you and Nap are big time business men now and can right your trips off !!!!
    If you already don't do it for the bail bond business you could tell the IRS you were following up a lead for a bail jumper!!!

I don't even need to lie to them about it now Jack. We have business in the DR with the T-shirts!!

Now I just have to come up with a way to right off the money to Lorena.

OH!!! I know....modeling fee!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I don't even need to lie to them about it now Jack. We have business in the DR with the T-shirts!!

Now I just have to come up with a way to right off the money to Lorena.

OH!!! I know....modeling fee!!!!!
    BTW Jack.

She's not at Passions anymore!!

The good news for you, there's no salida. The bad news for you...she can say no now!!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Everybody tells me that........am I that old?

Well fuck...you are old.

But, I think your hard living and partying makes you look a lot older than what you are.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I gotta admit though,flying into STI at 3 a.m. is a mother fucka no matter what it costs,especially when you know you have to do virtually the same thing at the end of your trip.I hate waiting for that flight back to Ft.Lauderdale.
    I just saw $9 fare to SD but to get it both ways it looks like you would have to stay there about 3 weeks.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I gotta admit though,flying into STI at 3 a.m. is a mother fucka no matter what it costs,especially when you know you have to do virtually the same thing at the end of your trip.I hate waiting for that flight back to Ft.Lauderdale.
    I just saw $9 fare to SD but to get it both ways it looks like you would have to stay there about 3 weeks.
    What do you care? Not like you got a job to get too!!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ooooooooops
    Can't argue that....

35. The Following User Says Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information