Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Flying into STI at 3am

Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 211 Posts

Re: Flying into STI at 3am

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    I gotta admit though,flying into STI at 3 a.m. is a mother fucka no matter what it costs,especially when you know you have to do virtually the same thing at the end of your trip.I hate waiting for that flight back to Ft.Lauderdale.
    I just saw $9 fare to SD but to get it both ways it looks like you would have to stay there about 3 weeks.
    Well Well funny you should mention that...here I am sitting in Puerta Del Sol the bar under the monument ahora mismo! Metro bus return was easy i slept all the way. Yeah this part sucks, just marking time but this is a cool bar ...open air very attractive people...one downside they ONLY have a beer called Quisqueya from La Vega and i think it sucks ass. I did have a number of a chica i pulled from After One two nights ago and called her but after talking to her a bit I decided to pass. There are alot of hot chicas chilling here but I don't have the time to invest, maybe just "plant some seeds for next time... I am very impressed with my brief time in Santiago though and ill definitely plan to spend a few days here next time.

Probably gonna hike to the other side of the monument and go to the nightclub at Matun when it opens at midnite
    Todos son rosa dentro

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to El Chivo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

man spend the night in santiago go to colonial get a 500 peso room then hit vintage and pull something for the night hit sosua in the morning

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlexDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 211 Posts

Well the rest of the transfer went well...

Cab from the Monument (Called in from the desk at the Matun Hotel) was 500 peso to the airport.

Check in at the spirit counter was the fastest ever...guy never asked me about checking a bag....didnt question my overstuffed "personal item"

Airport was active...the restaurant area was open with a half dozen groups of customers. Internet acces was strong.

Gate area also had a nice bar/snack bar

We got off in time landed from the ocean side and were on the ground about 4:45. we had to sit though at the gate a while to wait for Customs/Immigration to open... which i think they did about 5am.

The first day back after trip ALWAYS sucks...but being sleep deprived makes it worse...but...other than that... I think this 3 am gig on spirit is very doable...and unless i can get MIA-POP under 400 on AA i would rather do this...especially with miles or 9 dollar fares. I ended up paying 36 e/w plus taxes and 15 for big front seat upgrade at the airport...so all in about 243.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to El Chivo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,650 Times in 2,270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by El Chivo View Post
    Well Well funny you should mention that...here I am sitting in Puerta Del Sol the bar under the monument ahora mismo!

Probably gonna hike to the other side of the monument and go to the nightclub at Matun when it opens at midnite
    goddamn it, I'm jealous/homesick! 33 more days to go before I'll be doing the exact same thing.

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

Thanks for a very good detailed report.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread Information