Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 08/2011 - This is how we do it!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Re: This is how we do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    That makes more sense. I thought you were just going in there blindly.
    Obviously U can also go in if you know a chica youve been banging and keeping the family fed through the income she has made. She will bring you in and introduce you to her harmanas, primas , mami etc..
    was hanging with a guy this past trip who is more pasty white than I am but he was introduced to his girls Mom, and the sister, and the aunt and in the course of like the last 3-4 trips he fucked them all. He is like their uncle from NY now, who they respect. course he does like 8 trips a year which doesnt hurt either and his spanish is pretty good.Them girls are like a fresh picked garden tomato. There is nothing else that even comes close walking on the strip.
    Im getting amped up just thinking about it.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,088 Times in 2,301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    I don't agree with this. There are some barrios where they know who lives there and who doesn't. All outsiders will stick out.

They know who lives there in most barrios. That wasnt my point, I said blend in and not be fucked with. Some guys know their way around a barrio, and are comfortable in their environment. I have been to many ghetto's, in the US and around the world, and even though, they knew, I wasnt from there, they knew, I was one of them and I wasnt bothered.
    My crazy ass brother, would hang in the favelas of Rio with drug dealers, and no harm would come to him. I have other friends, that would get robbed on the busiest streets, and one was robbed right in front of Help.
    My point stands, it depends on the person. Some people will be uncomfortable and that will stick out. Some barrios, no one, should enter.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TONYTNT40 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Them girls are like a fresh picked garden tomato.
    That's a good analogy.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You guys are right about the Barrios, but like I said in an earlier post, not everybody can do it, and more importantly many shouldn't try. But for those who can, there is a wealth, of relatively fresh, un tapped toto, in the barrios.

A man has got to know his limitations, and part of it is, at least in my case is that I live in the country, so I am not viewed as a gringo trying to smash their chicas and leaving on the next plane out of town. Knowing that I live in the country, often times makes a world of difference.

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    You guys are right about the Barrios, but like I said in an earlier post, not everybody can do it, and more importantly many shouldn't try. But for those who can, there is a wealth, of relatively fresh, un tapped toto, in the barrios.

A man has got to know his limitations, and part of it is, at least in my case is that I live in the country, so I am not viewed as a gringo trying to smash their chicas and leaving on the next plane out of town. Knowing that I live in the country, often times makes a world of difference.
    There are many that don't know their limitations and hence the reports that start like this

"it can happen to anyone"

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

I was just in a barrio in Meddy because my wingman was there many times before me and knew his way around.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,088 Times in 2,301 Posts

One trip, me and a friend hung out in Esperanza. They seemed to love gringos in those mountains. Seemed like the whole neighborhood came to the house to meet these gringos, we sat on the front porch and drank presidentes with the family and the neighborhood. The chicas mom, asked what we wanted to eat and we said, pollo y arroz, of course. We paid for the food and drinks, but it was no more than 30 or $40, and I would have spent more than that, in a tourist area. They did make me feel like a celebrity, the estranged dad came by to make a visit and meet these gringos.

We left and I thought we were going back to Sosua, but they chicas wanted to stop at this bar in Esparanza, I didnt get it at 1st, I was thinking, we can drink in Sosua. It didnt take me long to realize, they wanted all of their friends to see them with gringos, it was some sort of status symbol.
    Whenever I come to Santo Domingo, Vivs brother always asks when we going to hangout at the disco. He can drink all night for free, and his friends see him with gringos, he gets a lot of perks out of that.

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TONYTNT40 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,001 Times in 568 Posts

Once "Poor" people in the DR, the US, hell for that matter all around the world realize that a person is genuine and not looking down on them will open their homes and hearts to you. Obviously, you end up buying some beer, rum etc and food, but when you are sincere it is less about lets' fleece the gringo then it is we need food and drink for a good time. Don't get it twisted if you are just an easy mark you you will get done, but in general some of the best times I have ever had in my life were had eating simple foods and drinking beer with people who didn't have much but were more then willing to share what little they had.

You gain a certain level of respect, not based on just what you have and where you come from, but from the fact that you respect their culture, circumstance and way of life without being judgemental.

They often want to know about whats going on outside of their small world. It helps in your spanish skills as well because as you try to communicate as best you can, they give you corrections and proper word usage (local) in a helpful,not demeaning manner (ORANGE .)

PS, on a sidenote I think it is so cool they way island cultures get together on sundays with family, extended family and friends to eat and drink. We have gotten away from that in this country. Back in the day we would all go to our granparents house for dinner and fellowship quite frequently and it was great.

I have some friends who are of Italian descent and they still do it but the numbers of family members who attend get smaller as the years go by.

As far a quality of life goes there are some things we could learn from our island brothers and sisters.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

That makes more sense. I thought you were just going in there blindly.
    oh, by the way... Yayow isn't some wet behind the ear jet blue tourist, give him his due respect.

some folk got to get the G check from time to time!

c'mon son

17. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

The description of how your met and treated in the campo is accurate as far as I'm concerned.
    The one time I went there I spent a week and as was stated before all the neighbors made it a point to meet the gringo.I realize that I probably could have hooked up with a number of chicas,from Tias to primas but was afraid that if I ventured in to uncharted territory and the wife-up found out or worse still some of the local men I might have found myself in deeper shit than the mud I was walking through all the time I was there.
    But as others have said.......I was the hero and the celebrity!!(but I also had to pay for everything!!)

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

another thing to note. While it takes a different type of person to blend into any type of neighborhood they go to, it also take a different type of person to enjoy those neighborhoods. Dont let the allure of (like) new/fresh toto take you to a place that you might find uncomfortable.

you gotta enjoy and be able to:
    enjoy a cold presidente
    listen, and participate in the the crazy dominican conversations
    talk to the dudes in the colmados and bars
    brush of the beggars and troublesome tigueres
    flirt and be friendly with the aunts, cousins, mothers, neighbors, etc.
    stay cool in that dominican heat
    play with the kids, and know how to get them to stop bothering you
    Last edited by BigLongBeach; 08-01-2011 at 10:07 PM.

21. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

I once went with a girl into one and a guy threw a bottle at me when I was leaving I don't know if he like her or what but her brother ran after his ass he threw it and ran.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Felt like shit today, didn't wake up till the afternoon, my back was sore, all of this was I assume the residual effects, of going so hard this past weekend. Don't know why I went so hard, but I was enjoying myself. Living down here I can't do that all the time, but I do tend to let loose on occasion.

Because of the way I felt, I wasn't really planning to do anything besides veg out. But the chicas were calling when I got up I had 8 missed calls. One of the missed calls particularly intrigued me, it was one of my vecinas that I met over the weekend. She had seen me before, but I didn't remember talking to her, I was sharing a moto with a chica that I had just finished with and was taking her home, when I spotted this thing of beauty walking down the road just a few doors down from my place. I had the moto driver stop the moto, and I started rapping with her, as the other one sat quietly in front of me on the moto (probably a little rude to the chica I had just banged but I couldn't resist, she was so lovely). She gave me her digits, and off I went with the other chica. Anyway one of the missed calls was from her.

So I invited her to lunch to get to know her a bit more, (I have decided to take it slow with her, because she seems so innocent and plus I got time on my hands). Anyway lunch went well, shared a few laughs, and we have decided to go dancing tommorrow night. She had to get home so we said our goodbyes, and I started talking to a fellow ex-pat, that I have met a few times. As we are talking this beauty passes by me, looking incredible, just as she passes me she stops and stares at me, she ask me my name and when I give it to her she smiles. It seems I met her during one of my forays over the weekend, and we shared a few drinks, she is working hard to try and convince me to invite her to my place, I tell her another day I feel like shit. So she goes on her way.

Just as I was getting ready to leave a chica that I know from the capital calls me, I tell her I am still in BC not SDQ, she tells me she wants to come out and "see me", well you know what that means. She has a car and drives out, I couldn't turn her down after all she wanted to drive all that way just to "see me". About 40 minutes later she arrives, we talk for a bit, then move into the bedroom, a very nice session, she also told me that tommorrow is her birthday, so I gave her a little extra. This chica lives in Bella Vista, a nice area, but they all still need a little help every once in a while. After we are done she leaves, wasn't there more than an hour and a half. A buddy had called, a Sergeant Major in the National Police and we hang every once in a while, we have hung with different chicas on Ave. Venezuela a few times. He says he is on his way to Boca, and wants to hang a bit. I wasn't up to it at first but it is amazing the recuperative powers that a good session gives you, my back feels much better, and headache isn't too bad either. I guess I will see what else the night brings.

Ciao.

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigLongBeach View Post
    another thing to note. While it takes a different type of person to blend into any type of neighborhood they go to, it also take a different type of person to enjoy those neighborhoods. Dont let the allure of (like) new/fresh toto take you to a place that you might find uncomfortable.

you gotta enjoy and be able to:
    enjoy a cold presidente
    listen, and participate in the the crazy dominican conversations
    talk to the dudes in the colmados and bars
    brush of the beggars and troublesome tigueres
    flirt and be friendly with the aunts, cousins, mothers, neighbors, etc.
    stay cool, and that dominican heat
    play with the kids, and know how to get them to stop bothering you
    Lots of good advice here.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoseman View Post
    I once went with a girl into one and a guy threw a bottle at me when I was leaving I don't know if he like her or what but her brother ran after his ass he threw it and ran.
    Damn what was that about, did you notice this guy eyeballing you earlier

28. The Following User Says Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,115 Times in 4,554 Posts

she just left so let me finish my thoughts. I know many love the point and click, I used to do it myself. But there is nothing better than going into their barrios, hablando poco espanol, and being introduced to all of thieir chicas and families. When I know one I know them all. Sometimes I know the chica and then i get her to introduce me to her younger sister.

you gotta love it, they are all hotter than the next, and they aren't hanging out on duarte where all the hookers.

Bottom line if you want, you don't need to deal with the professioanal putas, there are so many more in the barrios, and you can be all of their heros.

YES!!!! YES!!!!!

That's what I am talking about yay. It's refreshing to hear this because it is so well said and true. You have been at this DR thing much longer than I have (plus living there) but I share the same results with barrio chicas as well. I like to combine a couple of my favorite spots with pure local interaction. This is the kind of stuff that makes a vacation theuraputic mentally & physically.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dunedain For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Damn what was that about, did you notice this guy eyeballing you earlier
    No I guess he just saw us walking together as I was leaving.She told me the guy was crazy it was obvious he was fucked up.I walked past him he waited till i got a little distance then threw the bottle when I passed him I made sure I was not really close to him.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTNT40 View Post
    They know who lives there in most barrios. That wasnt my point, I said blend in and not be fucked with. Some guys know their way around a barrio, and are comfortable in their environment. I have been to many ghetto's, in the US and around the world, and even though, they knew, I wasnt from there, they knew, I was one of them and I wasnt bothered.
    My crazy ass brother, would hang in the favelas of Rio with drug dealers, and no harm would come to him. I have other friends, that would get robbed on the busiest streets, and one was robbed right in front of Help.
    My point stands, it depends on the person. Some people will be uncomfortable and that will stick out. Some barrios, no one, should enter.
    Great point T!!!

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dunedain For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I thought you were just going in there blindly.
    Nope, that's for people like me my initial trips down there.

WHOOPS!!

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dunedain For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brovo35 View Post
    Once "Poor" people in the DR, the US, hell for that matter all around the world realize that a person is genuine and not looking down on them will open their homes and hearts to you.

You gain a certain level of respect, not based on just what you have and where you come from, but from the fact that you respect their culture, circumstance and way of life without being judgemental.

They often want to know about whats going on outside of their small world. It helps in your spanish skills as well because as you try to communicate as best you can, they give you corrections and proper word usage (local) in a helpful,not demeaning manner (ORANGE .)

As far a quality of life goes there are some things we could learn from our island brothers and sisters.
    I can't say enough how good this thread is. Posts like this are exactly why. These types of posts should be put in a food for thought or monger soup for the soul section. This is poetic. Thanks brov!!

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dunedain For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information