Thread: AA $314 r/t fares from LGA-POP

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

AA $314 r/t fares from LGA-POP

So, in trying to compete with JetBlue & Continentals recent decision to post a bunch of $300 flights to POP (from JFK & EWR respectively) American has followed with $314 r/t fares from Laguardia. Unfortunately (as with all the AA flights to POP) they aren't direct but have a stopover in MIA.

What's kind of ridiculous is that (like JB & CO) these flights are $99 each way plus taxes, but you can't get a flight from MIA-POP direct for under $399.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Re: AA $314 r/t fares from LGA-POP

Is this for September ?

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    Is this for September ?
    Right now it looks like they have flights for September through December, but I don't imagine that fare will last longer than a few days. It'll probably be done by Monday when airlines have to readjust their pricing for FAA flight taxes.

Continental bumped their lowest fare back to $422 after about 2 days, I think the Jet Blue deal lasted about 5 days.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,239 Times in 5,923 Posts

Surf, sun, sand and save! Find low airfare to your favorite Caribbean and Mexico destinations now at AA.com. Relax seaside with your favorite book or jump in the ocean and explore an underwater world. Book your tickets on AA.com by August 10, 2011, and begin travel by November 14, 2011, to save. All travel must be complete by November 16 2011. (ex: Santiago y Santo Domingo)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    So, in trying to compete with JetBlue & Continentals recent decision to post a bunch of $300 flights to POP (from JFK & EWR respectively) American has followed with $314 r/t fares from Laguardia. Unfortunately (as with all the AA flights to POP) they aren't direct but have a stopover in MIA.

What's kind of ridiculous is that (like JB & CO) these flights are $99 each way plus taxes, but you can't get a flight from MIA-POP direct for under $399.
    I have not seen it under 495 in a while MIA-POP

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,336 Times in 6,473 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeysterr View Post
    Surf, sun, sand and save! Find low airfare to your favorite Caribbean and Mexico destinations now at AA.com. Relax seaside with your favorite book or jump in the ocean and explore an underwater world. Book your tickets on AA.com by August 10, 2011, and begin travel by November 14, 2011, to save. All travel must be complete by November 16 2011. (ex: Santiago y Santo Domingo)

You got your eyes on the GOLDDD i see or maybe just me

STI sounds niceee.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dominican dave View Post
    You got your eyes on the GOLDDD i see or maybe just me

STI sounds niceee.
    And STI sounds like $25 US away from Sosua and that is with airport cab and bus fare to Sosua. That is the same 25 bucks POP taxi mafia try to charge you for their 7 minutes ride SMH, guys hang strong on the 20 bucks or less one of them always take it

That is a personal choice of course depends on the amount of the price different but I rather be landing with a direct flight at 10:45am in Santiago then taking the MIA route and risk delays which can make even after running through the terminal like OJ could make me miss my flight or I don't know what over there. Usually noting happens but while you're transferring hauling your ass in MIA I'm already in the Caribbean with all the sight, sound and smell of it in the Caribe tour bus molesting a young dominicana til death do us part!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

And STI sounds like $25 US away from Sosua and that is with airport cab and bus fare to Sosua. That is the same 25 bucks POP taxi mafia try to charge you for their 7 minutes ride SMH, guys hang strong on the 20 bucks or less one of them always take it

That is a personal choice of course depends on the amount of the price different but I rather be landing with a direct flight at 10:45am in Santiago then taking the MIA route and risk delays which can make even after running through the terminal like OJ could make me miss my flight or I don't know what over there. Usually noting happens but while you're transferring hauling your ass in MIA I'm already in the Caribbean with all the sight, sound and smell of it in the Caribe tour bus molesting a young dominicana til death do us part!

I love the late flights because I can leave after work. What I hate is these connections on AA...I dont want to be in Miami for any amount of time. That heat isnt something i want to experience while waiting for a flight. I'll do it for the miles though if its necessary.

I have to try that Caribe tour bus sometime that or the Metrooo.
    Last edited by Dave Diaz; 08-07-2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: removed some content to start a thread

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have something I want to try out when I get to DR again. There is a cab guy i'm hiring for my whole trip at a flat rate, in exchange he promises to be on call and take me anywhere and everywhere I want. Its close to about 100 USD, I wrote the price down in RD in a notebook but it was like 2500 to 4000 pesos.

The mafia would try to stick me for that much just to get to Sosua from STI, this guy will not only take me to sosua but bring me back to the airport for my flight back. I already had him pick up a member from another board for 80usd from Nagua to Sosua. Worked out well.

I love the late flights because I can leave after work. What I hate is these connections on AA...I dont want to be in Miami for any amount of time. That heat isnt something i want to experience while waiting for a flight. I'll do it for the miles though if its necessary.

You should save that exact part, make a new thread about it and call it "Dominican Republic: using the road less travelled" I know for a fact that Crytonb99 does it, no doubt others do to, but at least C99 posted a trip report about it => http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...-my-trip-to-DR

We are getting out of subject and it's at that moment that you become the author my ninja, do it

16. The Following User Says Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You should save that exact part, make a new thread about it and call it "Dominican Republic: using the road less travelled" I know for a fact that Crytonb99 does it, no doubt others do to, but at least C99 posted a trip report about it => http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...-my-trip-to-DR

We are getting out of subject and it's at that moment that you become the author my ninja, do it
    Note taken and thanks for the link!! The Author strikes again

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

I have something I want to try out when I get to DR again. There is a cab guy i'm hiring for my whole trip at a flat rate, in exchange he promises to be on call and take me anywhere and everywhere I want. Its close to about 100 USD, I wrote the price down in RD in a notebook but it was like 2500 to 4000 pesos.

The mafia would try to stick me for that much just to get to Sosua from STI, this guy will not only take me to sosua but bring me back to the airport for my flight back. I already had him pick up a member from another board for 80usd from Nagua to Sosua. Worked out well.

100usd for your whole trip, but 80usd from Nagua to Sosua? Are you staying for just a couple of days?

Thread Information