Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Newbie question: What would a sufficient amount be to bring for 2 weeks?

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

Re: Newbie question: What would a sufficient amount be to bring for 2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post
    They're just so sexy....

Click to see pic

You just can't beat the entertainment value of ISOC.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post
    IF you have....
    6 - 12 drinks per day, and none of that stupid expensive stuff
    max 1 chica per day, which can include a TLN
    2 normal meals per day
    stay in town so no car or moto, taxi occaisionally

....you can do it on $100 per day. If you vary much from the above, just adjust accordingly. I would bring some of it in cash, and two cards. A debit card to grab more cash when needed, and a cc for emergencies.

Most ATMS in town suck in your card. And sometimes don't give it back. Try to use those only when the bank is open.

Take pictures of pregnant chicas and forward to me with phone numbers.
    You could do it on $100 per day if your hotel included a full breakfast like many do but even with Rob's numbers look:

6-12 drinks (probably closer to 12 or more since you will be buying ladies drinks) and the drinks for generic drinks or beer are 80 RD or 100RD at places like Passions or clubs so 12 times almost $3 will be at least $30 a day on drinks and that is not counting Sodas, Juices, Ice Creams, Frostys, and whatever treats for the girls say 10 bucks minimum

You could walk all over but would need motos or a cab at night in some cases. Even if not unless you only want to hang in the 3 or 4 square block area downtown and not experience Puerto Plata or Caberete or the places a bit out of town you will need cabs or a rental car or scooter at least.

Then Meals assuming you get a full breakfast at your hotel and only need the 2 big meals of the day you could eat modest and do lunch for 250 pesos with a water or soda ($6.75) or maybe get by for 200 and save a dollar but then dinner say $10-$20 depending on your taste and what you want. Keep in mind 10 bucks will feed you but not a girl too.

So think $30 drinking plus, $10 soft drinks then transport min $5 a day then meals minimum $15 a day so that is $60 a day without buying ANYTHING like snacks or a snack or a meal for a girl. Now then pay for sex at say a minimum of 2500 at Passions unless you take a street girl at 1500 (good luck on that newbie) and you are really going to be comfortable at more like $125-$150 per day without lodging.
    If you really party double that
    Just Doing It

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    How did you do it on your other trips?
    Well most the time, I hire a cab. $15 is the driver's daily quota, so once he meets that, it's fair game from there on out.

I just don't know how it works in DR.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to djcandle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SrSuerte View Post
    You will not need a taxi if you going to stay inside the small town of Sosua.
    This is what many are saying. Mototaxi seems to come up alot.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to djcandle For This Useful Post:

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djcandle View Post
    If told guys where you were staying it would help.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    That depends on so many factors that it's almost impossible to answer. How much do you drink? How much fucking do you expect to do? Are you taking chicas out of Passions or strictly freelancers or both? Are you going with people who've been there before? How's your Spanish?

For two weeks you could spend anywhere from around $1500 to over 5k, some guys get by just fine on $100/day, some spend $300 or more - it all depends on you and how you roll.
    True shit. I'm on some xxxxx shit for real, so i'll be keeping it budgeted, but i'll probably spend it on drinks and broads. Street, club, don't really matter. Outside of that, and food, I can't see much else imma be doing. Maybe some watersports, jetski, parasailing, etc...

My spanish is enough to get by which I know is perfect down there. I know they love somebody with some broken spanish but can give it a try.
    Last edited by gdogg; 08-10-2011 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Watch the slurs!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoseman View Post
    If told guys where you were staying it would help.
    I'm actually still working on that, so I don't have a specific location yet. But when I get one, i'll let you know.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to djcandle For This Useful Post:

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks

I'm actually still working on that, so I don't have a specific location yet. But when I get one, i'll let you know.
    It would help in determining the transportation needed.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Yeah. Moto's. They cost anywhere from 25 to 50 peso's per trip. Depending on day or night. And if you have a chica riding with you, double it. Your total will come NOWHERE near $15us a day!!!!

To answer your vague question by my personal standards (and I party my balls off). I budget $2400us a week, including hotel. My room is $30us a night with no breakfast. I drink more than most. Actually, I probably drink more in a week than most will in a month. When I was budgeting this, it was when I was taking Lorena from Passions most nights at 10pm, which cost $3500dop a night, plus other chicas during the day occasionally.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    Even if your not a hard drinker, you will drink about 10-15 beers a day, plus if your rolling with friends you may pick up a round or two.

Man, that presidente (light) goes down like water when you are down there.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    Yeah. Moto's. They cost anywhere from 25 to 50 peso's per trip. Depending on day or night. And if you have a chica riding with you, double it. Your total will come NOWHERE near $15us a day!!!!
    I hear that. Can you just rent cabs for the day though?? You know what a ballpark fare goes for?

Thanks

What do you mean when you say $15 Taxi for the day.There is no way you will get a taxi all day or most of the day for that amount.possibly a few stops that is about it.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

True shit. I'm on some xxxxx shit for real , so i'll be keeping it budgeted, but i'll probably spend it on drinks and broads. Street, club, don't really matter. Outside of that, and food, I can't see much else imma be doing. Maybe some watersports, jetski, parasailing, etc...

My spanish is enough to get by which I know is perfect down there. I know they love somebody with some broken spanish but can give it a try.
    First highlight.....Really???? You gotta be kidding.......Right!!!

Second, you didn't answer a single question that the guys who are trying to help you asked!!! Then, you let us know you haven't read a damn thing. Because if your looking for watersports (outside of Weylands type) jetskiing or parasailing....well, lets just say quite a few guys are chuckling at this.
    Last edited by gdogg; 08-10-2011 at 01:50 AM.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

True shit. I'm on some xxxxx shit for real, so i'll be keeping it budgeted, but i'll probably spend it on drinks and broads. Street, club, don't really matter. Outside of that, and food, I can't see much else imma be doing. Maybe some watersports, jetski, parasailing, etc...

Really, I am sure Jimmy would agree with me that is something we love to hear about and I hate budgets.
    Last edited by gdogg; 08-10-2011 at 01:51 AM.

Thanks

Second, you didn't answer a single question that the guys who are trying to help you asked!!! Then, you let us know you haven't read a damn thing. Because if your looking for watersports (outside of Weylands type) jetskiing or parasailing....well, lets just say quite a few guys are chuckling at this.
    You held back to T The term Broads should give away something too.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Perhaps DJCandle would be like BJPallet?

Thanks

Am I missing something here?? I answered every question I could.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post

Excuse me Sir, but is that a little on the low side considering your major tricking off habits?
    I've offended you.....goood

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Perhaps DJCandle would be like BJPallet?
    Great more cryptic messages ,like 81 and 1 % er , like on that cabarete club thread ?
    does this one involve a certain # ball in pool that goes in the pocket last ?

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Am I missing something here?? I answered every question I could.
    When are you planning your trip have you even read anything about Sosua?

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information