Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Newbie question: What would a sufficient amount be to bring for 2 weeks?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Re: Newbie question: What would a sufficient amount be to bring for 2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    Excuse me Sir, but is that a little on the low side considering your major tricking off habits?

Wait, are you trying to say we shouldn't pay the electric bill and buy groceries for a chica that we haven't even fucked yet???? I don't understand!!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoseman View Post
    When are you planning your trip have you even read anything about Sosua?
    Middle of October. I've read tons on it, and i'm reading up on it now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to djcandle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

On your first trip, i think you should have a very big budget. There are so many hidden/hustle costs that will get you.

Unless you are a mongering and traveling veteran its hard to pull off a strict/low budget on your first trip somewhere.

Do yourself a favor. start reading trip reports. get a feel for what people do, and think about how you roll. then you can apply a budget around that.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Great more cryptic messages ,like 81 and 1 % er , like on that cabarete club thread ?
    does this one involve a certain # ball in pool that goes in the pocket last ?
    81 is support cap for H.A google it
    1% you brought up but more like .05% er since 1% would be impossible today.
    You need some strudel and a shot of schnapps bro
    Just Doing It

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djcandle View Post
    Middle of October. I've read tons on it, and i'm reading up on it now.
    I don't know about Para sailing but the do lots of kite-boarding in Caberete and Pueto Plata at least you have time to read and ask questions and figure out just what and how to do what you want

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,334 Times in 6,472 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigLongBeach View Post
    On your first trip, i think you should have a very big budget. There are so many hidden/hustle costs that will get you.

Unless you are a mongering and traveling veteran its hard to pull off a strict/low budget on your first trip somewhere.

Do yourself a favor. start reading trip reports. get a feel for what people do, and think about how you roll. then you can apply a budget around that.
    You'll look back and read that comment right there and say DAMNNNN that is 100% true. Discipline is something you gain over time when you are down there, at least for me it is and maybe the level needed is different for everybody but its hard not to stray.

I wish you goodluck in being a j** seeing as it is your first time.

One thing to note when you read the reports is what trip# it is for the member in that place and/or in total (worldwide).

This board definitely isnt short of DR TR's thats for sureee.
    Last edited by Dave Diaz; 08-10-2011 at 12:46 AM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,333 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djcandle View Post
    True shit. I'm on some xxxxx shit for real, so i'll be keeping it budgeted, but i'll probably spend it on drinks and broads.
    I see you are new here ... so here is a heads up for you ... we do not do racial slurs here!
    Last edited by gdogg; 08-10-2011 at 01:53 AM.
    You are not special!

She is not different than the others!

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kennilingus For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

What's the over/under that he doesnt last two weeks.

Just kidding

Budget 200 a day and adjust from there. Some days you will spend 200 other days 100 some days no more than 80.

The first day you WILL spend 200, buying la pela, Barcelo, snacks and beer for the room, eating out in Sosua, and drinking and fucking.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 931 Posts

TNT....wait you mean to tell me there are no watersports in the SU? I'm sure he can find a chica willing to snowball him

but all jokes aside...try Hugrad95a, and BLB's suggestions and you should b fine. I budget at least 300/day, 4 smokes per day and two to three bottles of Sobieski and I always seem to run out of bottles and sometimes even my smokes before the trip ends....but for some strange reason always end up with at least 4000 pesos on the return. (I'm doing something wrong).
    Just yesterday I went to the laundry and washed some shorts and low and behold there was a 2000 peso note in my pocket.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to papirazzi For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryatt View Post
    TNT....wait you mean to tell me there are no watersports in the SU? I'm sure he can find a chica willing to snowball him

but all jokes aside...try Hugrad95a, and BLB's suggestions and you should b fine. I budget at least 300/day, 4 smokes per day and two to three bottles of Sobieski and I always seem to run out of bottles and sometimes even my smokes before the trip ends....but for some strange reason always end up with at least 4000 pesos on the return. (I'm doing something wrong).
    Just yesterday I went to the laundry and washed some shorts and low and behold there was a 2000 peso note in my pocket.

Some of us can't do it like the Ryattnator. We need our rest when we are on vacation. lol With that said low end 100 per day and the highend 300 per day lol.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,700 Times in 233 Posts

You can rent jet ski's on the beach inside of playa dorado

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigtymer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    Excuse me Sir, but is that a little on the low side considering your major tricking off habits?
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    Wait, are you trying to say we shouldn't pay the electric bill and buy groceries for a chica that we haven't even fucked yet???? I don't understand!!
    Pay one regular chica's chicas electric bill and you never live it down. I did eventually fuck her. Hold on, I bought a different regular chica groceries. Never got any from her.

So DJCandle:

ISOC Lesson 1: If you do something stupid, DO NOT put it in a trip report. The board will never let you forget. Like trying to take a shit in the water at the beach.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post
    Pay one regular chica's chicas electric bill and you never live it down. I did eventually fuck her. Hold on, I bought a different regular chica groceries. Never got any from her.

So DJCandle:

ISOC Lesson 1: If you do something stupid, DO NOT put it in a trip report. The board will never let you forget. Like trying to take a shit in the water at the beach.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoseman View Post
    What do you mean when you say $15 Taxi for the day.There is no way you will get a taxi all day or most of the day for that amount.possibly a few stops that is about it.
    Would be nice if he gave us a trip report on where its $15 a day for a taxi?

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Think of dollars when planning your trip, but after the room is paid for and money is exchanged it's best to only think in Pesos. Just my theory. Realizing of course that it's really not monopoly money.

A good budget is to average about $6,000 pesos per day. That gets you a decent amount to drink, food, and 2-3 chicas on average with some TLNs or more STs or however you choose to work it. For some this would mean using the markets for more food and booze than the bars/restaurants.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Would be nice if he gave us a trip report on where its $15 a day for a taxi?
    I hear you wonder what the price of pussy is

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 931 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post

So DJCandle:

Dquick it's all in fun! I love your reports for their SHEAR HONESTY, so PLEASE continue doing YOU!!!

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to papirazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Dquick it's all in fun! I love your reports for their SHEAR HONESTY, so PLEASE continue doing YOU!!!
    I was going to say the same thing. you been around for a little while D you know we talk shit.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

PLEASE continue doing YOU!!!
    Unless Doing You involves WWWWW UUUUUUU.

Okay so I'm rhyming today.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

I fucked a chica and the first thing she said in the AM, before she gave me my morning BNBBJ , was that she had to go soon to pay her Light bill (they call it a Light bill btw, not electric bill, im pretty sure, but i could be wrong)
    So do I get a partial Razzzie award for that , cuz I feel left out ?

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information