Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: 08/2011 - Hideaway

Thanks

Re: Hideaway

Quote Originally Posted by DASBOOTY View Post
    I dunno. Walked by there several times and there weren't too many people in there. Hot barmaids no doubt.

I would always pass this place without giving it a second thought. I never went in there until last month.

I think that a lot of guys once they get on the strip they develop 'tunnel vision' and only want to make a bee-line for Merengue club/Classicos.
    You are dead on with this comment. I passed by this place a few times last year and never walked in the door because of all the chicas on the street. I will definitely check it out next week when I visit.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oohsixman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Re: Hideaway

Quote Originally Posted by DASBOOTY View Post
    I dunno. Walked by there several times and there weren't too many people in there. Hot barmaids no doubt.

I would always pass this place without giving it a second thought. I never went in there until last month.

I think that a lot of guys once they get on the strip they develop 'tunnel vision' and only want to make a bee-line for Merengue club/Classicos.
    The place can be alot of fun, no doubt. It probably needs a few more people to stop in and the party will get going some.

A couple of nights on my September trip were awesome. (of course there were several ISOC'ers present which made a difference)

The barmaids were letting go dancing on the bar.

Vida es buena....

4. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Re: 08/2011 - Hideaway

so what ever happened to Coaches Corner which I believe was Hideaway ? Did they sell it? Is it open for business?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    so what ever happened to Coaches Corner which I believe was Hideaway ? Did they sell it? Is it open for business?
    try this thread

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...coaches+corner

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 172 Posts

They did a nice remodeling by 3 Italians and now is called Mamajuana Cafe. Nice playful bartenders/hostess with theme nights...no food yet, but they have menus to order from other restaurants. 0825132150a.jpg0825132142a.jpg0825132153.jpg
    It's always happy hour somewhere in the world...

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to theheights718 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theheights718 View Post
    They did a nice remodeling by 3 Italians and now is called Mamajuana Café. Nice playful bartenders/hostess with theme nights...no food yet, but they have menus to order from other restaurants. 0825132150a.jpg0825132142a.jpg0825132153.jpg
    Gee I wonder where they got that name from?

Might be another lawsuit coming like Jay Z did to David Ortiz lol.
    Bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym ...

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

Looks like some prom queen all dressed up and nowhere to go. Can my eyes deceive me, no stools around that bar? Where are the folks? Everything looks set back away from the bar. The bar should be the center of activity, a communal experience. In the pic, everything looks to be away from the what should be the main gathering spot.

Hope it works out for the new owners but if they are contracting out the food to other establishments, I think they are missing out on a main source of revenue for themselves without having an on site kitchen. To make any profit, they would have to price the food offered from the other restaurants at a higher rate than if their customers simply went to the actual restaurant itself.

It was a no brainer when sopranostingray ran that place because the food came from the Britannia across the street where soprano was the owner, so he had the food revenue anyway. I'm sorry he and Ira had to give up on that joint. I missed stopping in when I was there last month. Always liked the place as Coaches Corner.

How many Italian spots does Sosua have now, 5 or 6?

Mama mia!!

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post

It was a no brainer when sopranostingray ran that place because the food came from the Britannia across the street where soprano was the owner, so he had the food revenue anyway. I'm sorry he and Ira had to give up on that joint. I missed stopping in when I was there last month. Always liked the place as Coaches Corner.
    So when did Britannia change hands?
    The last time I ate there it seemed like food quality had changed alot for the worse.

Maybe I just caught them on a bad day but the pina colada's were not up to the standards I had experienced previously and the fish and chips was so bad (terribly undercooked) that I had to send it back. I almost never send food back but this was not edible. Alot different than before.

I just assumed I caught them on a bad day and it is not a sign of the current food quality.
    Or maybe it was the new ownership and they don't have things figured out yet.

My last trip in July the place was closed more days than it was open which I took as being low season and they needed a break.
    Last edited by j_d66; 09-01-2013 at 05:28 PM.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,392 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Looks like some prom queen all dressed up and nowhere to go.
    I give this place until February 1 and it will be for sale/rent again, the rent there is not cheap.
    If I recall, they are not allowed to open until after school closes next door @ 4PM.
    The one thing they have going for them, it is out of the spotlight of the street-passers by, and may not be on the radar screen of the "anti-puta campaign".

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MisterPink For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chalky White View Post
    I give this place until February 1 and it will be for sale/rent again, the rent there is not cheap.
    If I recall, they are not allowed to open until after school closes next door @ 4PM.
    The one thing they have going for them, it is out of the spotlight of the street-passers by, and may not be on the radar screen of the "anti-puta campaign".
    I hope their menu includes kiddie cocktails, chicken fingers and pizza. They might also want to include a jungle gym and lego area.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

They may make it until May 2014, but by june it will be toast..
    I see NOTHING in there that would make me want to go there to spend my drinking dollars .
    Unless they bring in a really good CHEF, with some really good food. wtf are they selling in there ?

No offense, but it looks really GAY ... maybe thats the target market.

I like the Dressed up Prom queen with no place to go analogy also...

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    They may make it until May 2014, but by june it will be toast..
    I see NOTHING in there that would make me want to go there to spend my drinking dollars .
    Unless they bring in a really good CHEF, with some really good food. wtf are they selling in there ?

No offense, but it looks really GAY ... maybe thats the target market.

I like the Dressed up Prom queen with no place to go analogy also...
    it's neither stylish nor tacky enough to be gay, it's just lame. like, who plasters the names of drinks on their bar that way? there may be a way to do it that doesn't look half-assed, but they missed it.

problem is, they don't have a kitchen, so can't really bring in a chef. a restaurant is as hard a sell in sosua as a bar anyway, there are just too may other options, what you really need is either an absolutely foolproof way of getting customers in the door, or something special about the place that completely differentiates it from the competition.

personally, i think they should have kept the palapa roof and filled the place with soft white sand and made it into a beach bar. think lax in cabarete. but then again, wtf do i know.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

They have stools around the bar. I was in there the other night and enjoyed the place. They are not looking to be a puta bar. It seemed like a decent place to take a chica. They have a small dance floor and play bachata ect. at an acceptable level. Saturday was their grand opening and there were probably 40+ people in there. Couples dancing and the place was relaxed.

But it will be an uphill climb considering the high rent and the fact that there are just not as many people in town. I doubt there will be enough customers to make it work.
    Enjoy it while you can.

26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

Thats a great point, Chalky. The location of that school, talk about a fish out of water situation, I wonder how much the mayor is influenced by that school's location within the tawdry boundary of the main hooker scene, in her quest to revamp Sosua into something different. Having children walking to and from school, looking all dapper in their school uniforms, while some used and abused hooker stands steps away, even though during the daytime, that dicotomy must have some bearing on her wanting to change up Sosua's image.

As Robert posted, the revised Hideaway appears to be the kind of place to bring a lady friend without needing to visit a whore bar for nightlife entertainment. There is room for such a place. The problem is, are there enough customers willing to go there to keep it in business?

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread Information