Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Days to Visit Sosua

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

Bad Days to Visit Sosua

The summer is a hard time of year for me to take Mongering trips because of family vacations. But fall is just around the corner and I plan to start returning to Sosua on the regular. The one thing that I have not found on the board, are the days may be bad for a Monger to visit Sosua. In my 7 trips to DR, I made the mistake of picking two days that were not the best time to visit Sosua:

New Years Eve
    Last New Years Eve was my worse night ever in DR for me. There was the crackdown going on, but the Politur backed off during the holidays. Early on, I realized both Passions and CMP were closed. I looked for girls on the strip, but found nobody. At night, I hit Merengue and Classicos, but the only girls who were out were with the Chulos. Overall, it was pretty empty. I was in bed by 1:30 AM in New Gardens alone. Things improved some the next day, but I would be careful about coming to Sosua on New Years Eve.

Superbowl Weekend
    I know I am going to take allot of arrows on this one because Superbowl Weekend is one of the most popular times to come to Sosua. The problem is that it is TOO POPULAR!! Last superbowl weekends, every hotel sold out. (Even TL.) This is the only time I ever saw more gringos than chicas in DR. I drove from Santiago Sunday and was shocked at the ratio. Every club or bar was pretty crowded. I ended up calling one of my regulars who I knew would drop whoever she met to meet up with me. (That is why you should never get rid of your old favorites.) The next morning I made an excuse to my regular chica and headed back to Santiago. (This was when I had a novia in Santiago.)

I have heard of other days to be avoided in Sosua, but I have not personally experienced them. I am in the process of planning my next round of trips. Can any of the vets tell the newbies what days of the year to avoid planning a trip?

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

Re: Bad Days to Visit Sosua

Any day that ends in the letter "y" is a good day to be in Sosua!

Plan away.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post
    The summer is a hard time of year for me to take Mongering trips because of family vacations. But fall is just around the corner and I plan to start returning to Sosua on the regular. The one thing that I have not found on the board, are the days may be bad for a Monger to visit Sosua. In my 7 trips to DR, I made the mistake of picking two days that were not the best time to visit Sosua:

New Years Eve
    Last New Years Eve was my worse night ever in DR for me. There was the crackdown going on, but the Politur backed off during the holidays. Early on, I realized both Passions and CMP were closed. I looked for girls on the strip, but found nobody. At night, I hit Merengue and Classicos, but the only girls who were out were with the Chulos. Overall, it was pretty empty. I was in bed by 1:30 AM in New Gardens alone. Things improved some the next day, but I would be careful about coming to Sosua on New Years Eve.

Superbowl Weekend
    I know I am going to take allot of arrows on this one because Superbowl Weekend is one of the most popular times to come to Sosua. The problem is that it is TOO POPULAR!! Last superbowl weekends, every hotel sold out. (Even TL.) This is the only time I ever saw more gringos than chicas in DR. I drove from Santiago Sunday and was shocked at the ratio. Every club or bar was pretty crowded. I ended up calling one of my regulars who I knew would drop whoever she met to meet up with me. (That is why you should never get rid of your old favorites.) The next morning I made an excuse to my regular chica and headed back to Santiago. (This was when I had a novia in Santiago.)

I have heard of other days to be avoided in Sosua, but I have not personally experienced them. I am in the process of planning my next round of trips. Can any of the vets tell the newbies what days of the year to avoid planning a trip?
    I don't know about that but I do know I saw a lot more Chicas in town lots of new ones and More pretty ones than I had seen in a long time.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks

Christmas is probably the worst but the weeks leading up to it are good.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 320 Posts

I almost went last NYE. But a few on the board warned me there would be slim pickings.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to macula For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmackulate View Post
    I almost went last NYE. But a few on the board warned me there would be slim pickings.
    They are still home from the Christmas Holiday.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Ryatt loved NYE. I have never been, and it will be a long time until I do. But, I loved Superbowl weekend, and can't wait for 2012. Of course, our party has nothing to do with that!!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

What about Santa Semana? Never been to the DR during that time. But I do know that it's a bad time to be visiting Medellin. Everything closes during Santa Semana, and most of the working girls are with their families.

Is the DR pretty much the same?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    What about Santa Semana? Never been to the DR during that time. But I do know that it's a bad time to be visiting Medellin. Everything closes during Santa Semana, and most of the working girls are with their families.

Is the DR pretty much the same?
    I was there during Samana Santa and although I made the best of it, it was easliy the worst time to be there.
    I've offended you.....goood

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    I was there during Samana Santa and although I made the best of it, it was easliy the worst time to be there.
    Actually the only bad part of being in on the Northcoast at that time is getting around everybody flocks to the Beaches the Malecon was packed and Hwy 5 between Sosua and POP was packed lots of people out.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,071 Times in 409 Posts

My observations are as follows:

xmas, nye and semana santa are only good if you know bitches well enough to chill with them in their habitats....they will invite you out with the fam and party with locals....its an experience

superbowl wknd, labor day, memorial day and july 4th pretty much suck if you dont have a crew of vets who all have tons of hoes to call....

Best time to go is anytime before or after these dates!

my favorite time to go is valentines day and mothersday.....the majority of mongers have to stay home and take care of business

if you are good looking, have money to spend and arent shy then anytime is a great time to go
    Last edited by harlem hec; 08-11-2011 at 10:06 PM.
    All Bitches Are Looking For Some Sort Of Come Up!!!

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to harlem hec For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harlem hec View Post
    My observations are as following:

xmas, nye and semana santa are only good if you know bitches well enough to chill with them in their habitats....they will invite you out with the fam and party with locals....its an experience

superbowl wknd, labor day, memorial day and july 4th pretty much suck if you dont have a crew of vets who all have tons of hoes to call....

my favorite time to go is valentines day and mothersday.....the majority of mongers have to stay home and take care of business

if you are good looking, have money to spend and arent shy then anytime is a great time to go
    There are lots of hoes there also they know when we come down.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Is that the US Labor Day as in Sept 5th; or Dominican Labor Day, May2nd?
    I hope its the latter; we plan on being down at the end of this month.

Thanks
    Thanked 45,724 Times in 5,924 Posts

I ALWAYS have a good time but HATE when all the amateurs are in town. Never did super bowl but they seem to like memorial day and 4th of July.
    "Panties are not the best thing in the world, but they are next to it"

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to officemgr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoseman View Post
    There are lots of hoes there also they know when we come down.

you are right but they come with the mentality to over charge because lots of first timers out there during those times.....Ill pass more for you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BadJokes View Post
    Is that the US Labor Day as in Sept 5th; or Dominican Labor Day, May2nd?
    I hope its the latter; we plan on being down at the end of this month.

US labor day!

Thanks

you are right but they come with the mentality to over charge because lots of first timers out there during those times.....Ill pass more for you
    I guess I look at things differently by living there I am glad to see the influx of new girls.I was fortunate enough even when I was working to go down all times of the year.

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

The worst day i have seen is Dominican Election Day. May 16th i believe.

It starts out innocently with everyone on the streets with their party's color on but it doesnt end well.

When i was in sosua they impose a curfew. No one on the streets or they get locked up no if ands or buts. There can be violence. I know dominicans that wore tha wrong colors and caught a beating for it. Gun shots can be heard (probably a mix of celebration and violence)

In sosua i made the best of it with another awesome villa party but its a waste land for 1 1/2 days for the guys who like to hunt. Next year is a presidential election i would not want to be on the streets for those days

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

as for semana santa. it is dominican spring break. Cabarette reminds me of cancun. The bad days are thursday 11:59pm to friday 11:59pm. Places are closed, there is no music, and with the new chica loitering rules i can see the streets being baron those days

but the party saturdays are pretty ridiculous....

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

I guess it depends on the individual. I'd go Semana Santa, New Year's Eve, or Super Bowl weekend LONG before I'd go for Memorial Day, Labor Day, or July 4th weekends...but that's just me.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information