Thread: beach bars destroyed in las terrenas is Sosus next?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,220 Times in 1,957 Posts

beach bars destroyed in las terrenas is Sosus next?

AUGUST 2011

All wooden shacks destroyed on Las Terrenas Beaches

Led by Elsa de Léon, deputy minister of tourism

Semi-permanent wooden structures, such as restaurants and bars on the beach destroyed in Las Terrenas. The operation was led by Elsa de León, deputy minister of tourism. This Tuesday August 9th, brigades of the Navy and National Police destroyed all the semi-permanent facilities illegally installed on the beach, from Punta Popy to Playa Las Ballenas (Sailing club).

Elsa de Leon, deputy minister of tourism in the area, said the MITUR decided to carry out this operation after asking during several weeks to the owners of these infrastructures to regularize their situation.

In fact, the Dominican law states that no permanent structure can be built within 60 meters from the shoreline, except when the owners obtains a special permit, as for the fishermen village.
    The Dominican Navy is in charge of enforcing this 60 meters rule in the country, while in tourist areas, the Tourism Ministry becomes the competent authority.
    According to Ms. de León, numerous letters were sent to restaurants and bars that had structures on the beach. She explained that in order to act in accordance with the law, everything that is installed on the beach must be removed at night (umbrellas, tables, chairs), and, therefore, any semi-permanent structure is illegal.

Many owners felt very uncomfortable with the situation. Mostly all are foreigners and many people went to see what was happening. The French honorary consul Prystaz Gérard was present.
    However, the mayor of Las Terrenas Mr Jose Alexis Martinez, was not there, in spite of his presence being required by Mrs. De Leon.

Las Terrenas Live will later publish the explanations of Mrs. Elsa de León.
    See all the news
    Las Terrenas Live, 09.08.11

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MyTio For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,220 Times in 1,957 Posts

Question Re: beach bars destroyed in las terrenas is Sosus next?

Elsa de Léon, deputy minister of tourism is this the same bitch that order the raid in Sosua?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Re: beach bars destroyed in las terrenas is Sosus next?

Someone who's opinion I trust told me that the Samana peninsula(coastline) will be UN recognizeable in 3 years.. Huge money in play. That whole peninsula is the only place on the island that is almost totally unspoiled and the way things used to be..complete with Jungles etc.
    but the economy is shit right now,so I think those big projects are on hold ?.. Sounds like they are starting the process though. they are also working on the major roads, which is a sure sign of progress to come. no ?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Someone who's opinion I trust told me that the Samana peninsula(coastline) will be UN recognizeable in 3 years.. Huge money in play. That whole peninsula is the only place on the island that is almost totally unspoiled and the way things used to be..complete with Jungles etc.
    but the economy is shit right now,so I think those big projects are on hold ?.. Sounds like they are starting the process though. they are also working on the major roads, which is a sure sign of progress to come. no ?

Very interesting since there is high unemployment in both the US and Europe. Who do they see as coming there?

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

I dunno, maybe the same rich fucks who now travel to Punta Cana. but want to see more jungle, Pristine beaches, wildlife, and coconut palms.
    problem is, no flights from the USA to El Catey, not a single one. Only Canada and Europe.
    that has to change, and when it DOES, well then u an i will know more ..

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Very interesting since there is high unemployment in both the US and Europe. Who do they see as coming there?
    Wealthy Dominicans from Santo Domingo. They already own a high percentage of newer LT developments.

In the next month the new toll road from Nagua direct to LT will be open cutting about 40 minutes off the journey.

Told the boys we should have done our road trip last week.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

The Punta Popy beach bar was the best afternoon pick-up area.

JD knows what I'm talking about. Got milk!!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Wealthy Dominicans from Santo Domingo. They already own a high percentage of newer LT developments.

In the next month the new toll road from Nagua direct to LT will be open cutting about 40 minutes off the journey.

Told the boys we should have done our road trip last week.

Well then, they will have their women with them, in a taxi following behind that is.

Thread Information