Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/2006 - About this Board....

Thanks

Re: About this Board....

Hey guys, new to this place. What a great find, will surely benefit from this site and I will do my best to help and contribute as much as I can.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to johndoe1969 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Don't know where to go?

Read the fucking board!!!

Want 8,9,10 chicas?

Read the fucking board

What's the price??

....do you see where I'm going with this??

Ok it's seems you're new to this type of forum. Fine. My observation is that if you're smart enough to FIND this board, you're DAMN smart enough to find the answers to ALL of your questions.

I don't care if ANYONE has a problem with me saying this b/c I shouldn't have to say this shit

READ
    THE
    FUCKING
    BOARD
    As a fellow newbie here, I know how the guy feels. We know we're supposed to read the boards to get the answers, but the number of threads can be overwhelming to us. Its hard to know where to start. Its not exactly easy to navigate when you first arrive and unless you have lots of time to spare searching, it may be easier to ask experienced members. If you are offended by noobs asking ?'s that have been answered a thousand times then ignore them. No one is making you reply. Don't be a diqhole; we all want the same things and we just got here late. Hope I didn't cross the line too much with this...

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to funwithdb For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: About this Board....

I fully understand what you are saying but all that is really being asked is that before firing away with a million questions take some time to read the board a little, learn to navigate the site and use the search function.

Then, after putting in a reasonable effort and checking out the newbie section, if you have some specific questions it's time to slowly begin to request information.

This site IS huge and FULL of valuable info, and many of the members will make an effort to welcome new guys and answer all kinds of questions, but those that make an effort to learn for themselves first will learn the most.

Quote Originally Posted by funwithdb View Post
    As a fellow newbie here, I know how the guy feels. We know we're supposed to read the boards to get the answers, but the number of threads can be overwhelming to us. Its hard to know where to start. Its not exactly easy to navigate when you first arrive and unless you have lots of time to spare searching, it may be easier to ask experienced members. If you are offended by noobs asking ?'s that have been answered a thousand times then ignore them. No one is making you reply. Don't be a diqhole; we all want the same things and we just got here late. Hope I didn't cross the line too much with this...
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by funwithdb View Post
    i think thats one of the reasons JDR started a new section for newbies where we will gladly awnser your questions.
    glad to see you just joined and hope you stick around and give back some new up to date info wherever you travel too
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gastate9 View Post
    Thank you to all who made this forum, keep it going, and provide info to make my travels great because of your info!!!

And you Mr. Gastate9, can truly show your appreciation by returning the favor, and providing your own info, trip reports etc., when you travel. That is what it is all about, my man.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

That is good concept Darcy to read through the board but not everyone is knowledgeable about certain destinations or that current about what is going on in certain countries or cities.

Some people travel 3 four times a year some 12 xs year some more than that.Some less.I won't take advise that isn't on the ball like this week.I have better things to do might as well get a travel Planet two three year old book.
    If I wanted to know what was going on with Hotel construction behind baseball diamond behind New Garden I would ask you. Puerto Plata I would ask Billy or Weyland etc etc.

I guess what I am saying is I would rather ask then look through archives to get '' Johnny on the spot'' than someone that was there 4 years ago. Alot changes rapidly in latin America.
    I am in love with Jimmydr. I want him to be mine forever!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

I don't see the need to ask questions . . . hell, there's only 258,239 Threads with 722,791 Posts

The answers are right there . . . (even I assk a bunch of stupid questions every so often)
    Who me ? ? ?
    nahhhh . . . move along, move along . . .

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to the_Jayman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8orBetter View Post
    That is good concept Darcy to read through the board but not everyone is knowledgeable about certain destinations or that current about what is going on in certain countries or cities.

Some people travel 3 four times a year some 12 xs year some more than that.Some less.I won't take advise that isn't on the ball like this week.I have better things to do might as well get a travel Planet two three year old book.
    If I wanted to know what was going on with Hotel construction behind baseball diamond behind New Garden I would ask you. Puerto Plata I would ask Billy or Weyland etc etc.

I guess what I am saying is I would rather ask then look through archives to get '' Johnny on the spot'' than someone that was there 4 years ago. Alot changes rapidly in latin America.

The question of where should I stay in Sosua that is chica friendly shows that the guy that asks only wants us to set up his trip for him.

If you spend a few days and read a few reports you will know the #1 pick is New Garden.

So many come, take and give back nothing.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Terra Linda is my first choice in Sosua perfect example of archived old information from people.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

Nothing is going to stop people from asking basic questions that are already answered multiple times in the archives. I guess the best service we can offer these folks is to point out that if the questions they ask reflect some familiarity with the material, and that some effort has been made, the chance of getting responses goes up considerably.

I know that I myself am happy to help those who seem to have already helped themselves. If someone asks if the Mansion is chica friendly, or if Classicos has hoes, they won't get an answer from me.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Thanks

All I am saying is even few moths old is not crrent events.I look at certain cities in old reports and such and have been there 4xs myself since last trip report what would I look in there for?
    One guy told me to stay at europa first trip should have went to his house and kicked his ass after came back.

Old stuff goes out like Boca Chica and the Europa might have been great 10 years ago but not today.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_Jayman View Post
    hell, there's only 258,239 Threads with 722,791 Posts
    years ago we all made a bet (had it's own thread) as to how long it would take to get to 1,000,000 posts . . . or sumthin like that . . .

I can't find it . . . anyone know where it is?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to the_Jayman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

New to the board and looking to learn and share information about travel to Latin America

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mc2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    The question of where should I stay in Sosua that is chica friendly shows that the guy that asks only wants us to set up his trip for him.

If you spend a few days and read a few reports you will know the #1 pick is New Garden.

So many come, take and give back nothing.
    Sounds like some of my ex-girlfriends and my XXXXXXXXWife
    Just Doing It

28. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey all, newbie here. Mongered in TJ, but that's about it. DR is my next destination. Will be reading the heck out of all the forums! Thanks in advance for all helpful info i know I'll find.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JusChillin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

hello,im new here

32. The Following User Says Thank You to deva999 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mc2 View Post
    New to the board and looking to learn and share information about travel to Latin America
    Quote Originally Posted by JusChillin View Post
    Hey all, newbie here. Mongered in TJ, but that's about it. DR is my next destination. Will be reading the heck out of all the forums! Thanks in advance for all helpful info i know I'll find.
    Quote Originally Posted by deva999 View Post
    hello,im new here

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hello one and all, enjoying what im seeing so far

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daceo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hello, and thanks for the info guys.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackbanchi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

hey guyz and chica as a long time member of bestgfe i think itz time to broaden my horizons. i still tryin to figure out how im gunna pull this one off, i mean how am i gunna explain me havin to take a trip to DR alone!!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to jz61 For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information