Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safe places to eat?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Re: Safe places to eat?

Quote Originally Posted by naptime View Post
    amen!!

i don't want anything to do with anything that reminds me of home.

mcdonalds, pizza hut, hooters.. to hell with that.. i can get all that shit at home..

that's like going down there, and never going to the beach, sitting in your room all day staring at the tv, with a chica that nags all day and doesnt fuck you at night.

fuck that.
    I still think about that buffet we went to, when we went to Jarabacoa for the day. Damn! That was some authentic food!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    I still think about that buffet we went to, when we went to Jarabacoa for the day. Damn! That was some authentic food!
    how was the desert.......lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    how was the desert.......lol

Bitchy. I divorced it!!!!

That was when we were doing the family trips.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,628 Posts

amen!!

mcdonalds, pizza hut, hooters.. to hell with that.. i can get all that shit at home..

that's like going down there, and never going to the beach, sitting in your room all day staring at the tv, with a chica that nags all day and doesnt fuck you at night.

fuck that.
    That's right!

One of the things I love about Sosúa is that they don't have these North American franchise fast food places. Not even a one!

Even when in Puerto Plata I don't recall seeing many.............only burger king.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,254 Times in 7,381 Posts

amen!!

fuck that.
    Hmmm, sitting in a room all day watching tv, a nagging woman nearby, no sex at night. Isn't that what they call marriage?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

UM, you're not much more likely to get sick (unless you have a really weak stomach) there in the DR than you are in the States. It's always wise, of course, to use some discretion. I've done quite a few trips and got sick only once. It was at what might be considered a higher-end place in Puerto Plata called La Parillada, located on the southside of the rotary when entering PP from Sosua. Still, I've eaten there since with no problems.

I've also always used tap water delivered to my house by truck to brush my teeth and have never gotten sick. I don't drink it, but use it to rinse my mouth.

I do have to admit that the high alcohol content in my system during my trips might have something to do with sterilizing any bacteria that might be present, but I can't be sure. lol

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,115 Times in 4,554 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Regarding Santiago, I have to say that the Pizza Hut one block from Aloha Sol is great. I ate there back in June and the pizza was very tasty and the price was not over the top.

McDonalds is ok too, but more expensive than typically in the States. I have eaten in all sorts of joints in and around Sosua and never got sick. Different meats, veggies, rice, whatever, it was all cooked well and tasted just fine.

Last time I actually got sick from eating bad food was a sandwich from Subway. Was on the toilet for 4 days, missed a football game (had tix) and two days of work. Dropped 8 lbs. I figured thats how Jared from all those Subway commercials lost weight.

He shit himself thin!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dunedain For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information