Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uncle Ruckus' Santiago Video Tour

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,650 Times in 2,270 Posts

Uncle Ruckus' Santiago Video Tour

Ok folks. On this trip I did one of the stupidest things a DR driver can do while driving, take video and give a tour of the city (right el toro?).

There's no chicas involved and no sex. I was bored driving from Santo Domingo to Santiago and decided to entertain myself my taking video shortly after La Vega and going into Santiago. If you've been to Santiago and know it, then this ain't for you, unless you're "homesick".

As an added bonus, you get to hear my beautiful, mellifluous voice as well as a great background soundtrack with such esteemed Dominican artists like Milly Quezada and Tono Rosario.

Hope you enjoy.

EDIT: I sound like a douchebag in these videos. I recognize that so fuck you if you bring it up.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Uncle Ruckus' Santiago Video Tour

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

9. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Next trip I'll get into more details like the car washes, Ilusiones, Casa Blanca, some nighclubs, streetwalker action, etc.

Since most of the chicas were set this trip, I didn't spend a lot of time at the usual monger places.

25. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

Nice tour Uncle Ruckus. I walked around the monument area a couple of times. I agree about the food at KukaraMakara, I wouldn't eat there again. And Montezuma is too expensive. A Dominican place across the street is pretty good.

I may hit you up if I spend any more time in Santiago. Would love a personal tour if you had the time and maybe hit up a few bars for night time action. I got the gas money for you, no problem.

The view along the walkway around the Monument is really spectacular. You can see the whole Cibao Valley.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,700 Times in 233 Posts

I definiatly need to hit Santiago with someone who knows where to go and what to do. The last time I was there, we spent most of our time lost, asking for directions. When we did find a sports bar I wanted to go in, they wouldnt let me in because I had on shorts.
    I told the mananger, you should let me in, I'm a tourist...I didn't know. He said, when I'm in NY, I have to follow the rules they have in NY. You are in the DR now, so you have to follow our rules. He was cool about it, my boys went in. And he gave me a tour of the club but told me that pretty much any club in Santiago that is fully enclosed will require long pants to get in a night.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bigtymer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

IMO, the best place to eat near the Monument is Marisco Central. They do langosta muy bueno. The only thing I like at Kukara Macara is the mofongo con camarones criollo. I eat that for lunch just about everyday when I'm in Santiago.

I've only eaten at Montezuma twice, and I remember the food being so salty that it was unpalatable both times. But they have a pretty decent live band on occasion. And they have a dance floor. So it's still a decent place to take a date for drinks and such.

Thanks for the video.

31. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    IMO, the best place to eat near the Monument is Marisco Central. They do langosta muy bueno. The only thing I like at Kukara Macara is the mofongo con camarones criollo. I eat that for lunch just about everyday when I'm in Santiago.

I've only eaten at Montezuma twice, and I remember the food being so salty that it was unpalatable both times. But they have a pretty decent live band on occasion. And they have a dance floor. So it's still a decent place to take a date for drinks and such.

Thanks for the video.
    Marisco Centrol is my favorite place both in Washington Heights and in Santiago. Too pricey to take a chica, but if you like seafood, that's the place to go. I haven't tried the mofongo at Kukara Makara. They pride themselves as a steakhouse but their steaks are absolute crap. It's a great place to sit and drink cold Presidentes for a couple of hours though. I've only been to Montezuma when they have the bands there.

IMO, the best steak in Santiago is the imported churrasco (aka skirt steak) at Ahi Bar. But I wasn't going to risk taking video while going down that hill.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Very nice. I was not bored at all. Saw many familiar sights along the route, now I know what they are, was wondering about that big Hotel that isnt open.. Didnt see the big equipment place is that on the other side of the highway or i missed it, not important(i got a thing for big earthmoving equip, lol).
    The Cabana part is useful for guys, as they are not all in the same spot. I stayed at ZEUS last time by the electric fenced area. The prices seem to have gome up just a little, think it was like 700+.
    You were cut off when talking about Puerta del Sol ( I think they stole that from Madrid, lol) . Can you elaborate just a bit on that waterinig hole, since they have WI FI there .. Also the other mall ? with the inside food court.
    and big thanks for th Marisco Centro tip, and the other place with "good meats" La Brassa ?

thanks for the Vids ,for you maybe it was boring, not for us who dont really drive in Santiago. Not even when I rent a car , i still take the bus to go visit there since its more economical for a day trip from Sosua.

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I missed some stuff on the Autopista like the bowling alley (which I've never been in) mainly due to trying to keep my eyes on the road.

Not much else to say about Puerta del Sol. It's nicer than most of the other Monumento bars and it has free wifi. It's a good place to meet a chica for the first time since everyone in Santiago knows where it is. Also good for people watching since it's right across the street from the Monumento and it's open so you can easily talk to people on the sidewalk.

Plaza Int'l is on Ave. Juan Pablo Duarte across the street from the Union Medica. The food court is a great place to pick up regular girls. The food court in the new mall is also enclosed, but IME there's less activity going on there.

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,469 Times in 224 Posts

Puerto del sol is great because it has a liquor store. You can buy a bottle and share it with a few people. They charge something like a 100 pesos for service. Never really paid to much attention to the bill, but it is always under 2,000 pesos and that is for 4 to 6 people. Great concept. H20 and ambilique are two other liquor stores/bars.

Bowling is 500 pesos per hour and shoe rental is 50 pesos.

All my favorite restaurants are located in Los Jardines. I find the restaurants around the monument to be too touristy.

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jcrew2020 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcrew2020 View Post
    Puerto del sol is great because it has a liquor store. You can buy a bottle and share it with a few people. They charge something like a 100 pesos for service. Never really paid to much attention to the bill, but it is always under 2,000 pesos and that is for 4 to 6 people. Great concept. H20 and ambilique are two other liquor stores/bars.

Bowling is 500 pesos per hour and shoe rental is 50 pesos.

All my favorite restaurants are located in Los Jardines. I find the restaurants around the monument to be too touristy.
    Alambique is a good place. Went there for the first time on my most recent trip. I agree with you about Los Jardines, but if you're only in town for a day or two, the touristy places are going to have more action. If you're in STI for more than a week then you can check out Los Jardines, PUCMM area (there's a really good bar to pick up college chicks behind the Shell station on Estrella Sadhala), the tipico ranchos, etc.

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information