Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 09/2011 - Santiago just sucks

Thanks

Re: 09/2011 - Santiago just sucks

If you have a pulse and a Spanish vocabulary of at least "Una mas cerveza, por favor senorita" you should have the time of your life. I actually saw 4 gringos tonight other than me in a city of 1 million people. It's getting crowded here.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Beavis For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It depends which places you frequent. The more locals you become friends with the deeper in the barrio you will find yourself.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr McGlovin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I live in Jardines Metropolitanos, there aren't many parts of the hood here. We have a 150 lb. Bull Mastiff that does a pretty good job of keeping the Riff Raff under control here, lol.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beavis For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes, you are in the high rent district.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr McGlovin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I am paying a little more than average for RD but I am in a safe area with some good people next door and a big damn dog that scares the hell out of anybody that comes here. Not many Dominicans would even dare come thru the fence until he is restrained. My Bull Terrier will be joining him in December so I will live in the safest house in Santiago. At 2:00 am I can walk to the Colmado and buy a 6 pack then walk home without any worries. Or if I don't feel like the walk I will just call them and they will bring it to me. Of course I have to meet them at the entrance as they won't even think about entering the gate when they see my big ass dog.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Beavis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 893 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Phoenix View Post
    I live in Jardines Metropolitanos, there aren't many parts of the hood here. We have a 150 lb. Bull Mastiff that does a pretty good job of keeping the Riff Raff under control here, lol.
    I was going to purchase a female Rottweiler, almost that big. She was a very big girl at 145 lbs. Very sweet and caring, had lost her puppies in delivery and wanted someone she could take care of............... Then I found out what it cost to feed her. I could support 3 bambinos en cangrejo on what she ate.
    Lecciones de la vida:

Si le das la mano te cojen el brazo entero
    Mas jala tiene un pelo de toto, que una junta de bueyes
    El día que la mierda tenga algún valor, los pobres nacerán sin culo
    Si la vida te da la espalda... Tócale el culo
    Amore de lejos, amor de pendejos

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corrado For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,100 Times in 549 Posts

Thanks for the information , I have been flying into STI on my way to the Puerto Plata area . (renting a car). next trip i will check into spending a day or two in town. sounds like my kind of place as i speak the language .
    You can't shake a hooker tree and expect housewives to fall out !!!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to gulfmariner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 648 Posts

In the Santiago discos that won't let you in because you're wearing cargo shorts, are jeans sufficient????? Or do they require you wear slacks??????

Thanks..........

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FritoBandito For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,650 Times in 2,270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FritoBandito View Post
    In the Santiago discos that won't let you in because you're wearing cargo shorts, are jeans sufficient????? Or do they require you wear slacks??????

Thanks..........
    jeans are fine.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 697 Posts

Thanks..........
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle ruckus View Post
    jeans are fine.
    And so are sneakers..if you are wondering (and so inclined).

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrblackluv For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Thanks..........
    I'm curious. Do you wear shorts to discos and dance clubs in your hometown? Cause I don't know of any nightclubs here in DC that will let you in wearing shorts.

Gringos need to realize that Santiago is a regular city like NYC or DC. Except that Santiago is much more conservative than most large American cities. So don't dress like you're in Sosua.

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblackluv View Post
    And so are sneakers..if you are wondering (and so inclined).
    I was turned away from a Santiago club wearing jeans, tennis shoes and a nice t-shirt. I returned with a collar shirt, jeans and dress shoes. No problems. It may depend on the club, but dress like you would in a US city.

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcrew2020 View Post
    Just got back from spending the weekend in Jarabacoa with my girlfriend.

My friend was in los jardines friday night. An suv with 5 girls and an old lady pulled up to him. She likes to cruise around the los jardines area with a couple of cute girls. My friend took her back to apartment and rocked her. 2,500 pesos for the girl and 1,500 the lady.

He calls the girl today and ask if she has a prima. She sends her hot young prima over today and they went to a cabana. 1,000 pesos for the original girl and 2,000 for the prima. He doesn't care about money. He lives in NY and enjoys spending time here banging hot girls.

If I was visiting for a short time, Santiago would not be my spot. This place takes work.
    Now this sounds like fun, carry on
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

I dont think its even so much the fact that they wont let you in (Santo Domingo or Santiago) . I just dont think a quality chica wants to be seen with a Gringo with Shorts (especially students) .. If you are in slacks you are presumed to be a little knowledgeable of the culture , and perhaps even there on business, which is obviously not a bad thing.
    But any dude in cargo shorts even on the SD Malecon during the festival, will always be gawked at . You wear slacks when you dance, period.. unless you are in an AI with your gringa spouse acting all gringo on the dance floor ( we have all seen the videos, ...not pretty), or Sosua which is an animal all unto itself.
    Its funny, since my first experiences were in Santo Domingo, I had to get used to NOT wearing slacks in Sosua at the discos, and I still bring 2 pair to this day, eventhough I dont take them out much. Jeans are a nice compromise.
    You dont have to be a good dancer when you got on your slacks & shoes, but if you got shorts on ,even if you took Bachata lessons and are good ,it wont work as well.

27. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts
    Go to discos? How many ISOC members go to discos at home or for that matter Latin clubs? My guess would be less than 5%, if that. Typically if a guy can't dance he's not going out at home. Based on what I've seen in Sosua I think I need to reduce 5% to 1%. Know how to dress in a disco???? DC, you're being generous with that question.

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    I'm curious. Do you wear shorts to discos and dance clubs in your hometown? Cause I don't know of any nightclubs here in DC that will let you in wearing shorts.

Gringos need to realize that Santiago is a regular city like NYC or DC. Except that Santiago is much more conservative than most large American cities. So don't dress like you're in Sosua.

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Go to discos? How many ISOC members go to discos at home or for that matter Latin clubs? My guess would be less than 5%, if that. Typically if a guy can't dance he's not going out at home. Based on what I've seen in Sosua I think I need to reduce 5% to 1%. Know how to dress in a disco???? DC, you're being generous with that question.
    Lol! You could be right Sage. I just automatically assumed that cats go out in the evenings. And know how to dress accordingly. I stand corrected.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Most guys on the site are interested in one thing, and they don't want to work to hard for that one thing, that is why Sosua is such a popular spot, if those guys go to Santiago I suspect their modus operandi wouldn't change that much, just give them a map where the casas are, massage parlors, street walkers and let them be, by the way if you are going into those places wearing shorts is fine, because they don't care how you dress, just what's in your wallet, takes all kind, some do want to get more involved in the culture and meet non- hooker type of females, what you guys are saying would be helpful to those types of guys, definitely the minority on the site.

33. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Most guys on the site are interested in one thing, and they don't want to work to hard for that one thing, that is why Sosua is such a popular spot, if those guys go to Santiago I suspect their modus operandi wouldn't change that much, just give them a map where the casas are, massage parlors, street walkers and let them be, by the way if you are going into those places wearing shorts is fine, because they don't care how you dress, just what's in your wallet, takes all kind, some do want to get more involved in the culture and meet non- hooker type of females, what you guys are saying would be helpful to those types of guys, definitely the minority on the site.
    Yeeeeaaahhhh!! what is this anyway, "In Search of Discos" or "In Search of Chicas?" lol
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

I think it's in search of a mongering style. Some guys do grab and smash because they lack the social skill to do anything other. The sad thing is because of that their attitude towards the potential pool of women reflects that inability to connect on more than a transactional basis. This phenomana sometimes premeates our discussions here. In my view compassionate mongering is a viable option. This is simply recognizing that sex has a spiritual aspect to it that has to be respected which demands the use of more of our social potential.

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think it's in search of a mongering style.
    By the way Sage, have you spent much time in Santiago, and if so, what are your impressions?

39. The Following User Says Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information