Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/2006 - JET BLUE TO PUERTO PLATA - Current Sales

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Re: JetBlue to POP

Quote Originally Posted by tampabukkake View Post
    Well as Peter has posted... AA has lost the monopoly!
    JetBlue is seeking approval to start JFK to POP in Jan 2008

http://dms.dot.gov/search/document.c...docketid=29358

http://dmses.dot.gov/docimages/p103/488020.pdf
    Anyway, i don't see how prices will get lower. All these airlines are in collusion with each other. So it doesn't matter if there's 2 or 10 different airlines. The price the group sets is what it is. And Jet Blue will cooperate because they probably need to rent air terminal space from the other airlines. Just my opinion!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    Anyway, i don't see how prices will get lower. All these airlines are in collusion with each other. So it doesn't matter if there's 2 or 10 different airlines. The price the group sets is what it is. And Jet Blue will cooperate because they probably need to rent air terminal space from the other airlines. Just my opinion!

You are so negative these days, why?

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    You are so negative these days, why?
    I think the DR chica "begging" and other bullshit is finally getting to me. Still doesn't outweigh the 3 hour flight for under $300. But it's getting close. I think if the flights were $250 and under, i wouldn't mind the bs as much!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think the DR chica "begging" and other bullshit is finally getting to me. Still doesn't outweigh the 3 hour flight for under $300. But it's getting close. I think if the flights were $250 and under, i wouldn't mind the bs as much!
    In a few months when you get to Colombia and have a beg free time you will be new again.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: too good to be true...

JetBlue Service stats January 10 and they added on St Maarten!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Jet Blue does Puerto Plata!

Yes indeed, I am already looking for my return back to Paradise. If you book now through their website you get triple points!
    Searching for the ultimate Squirter!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MegaSquirt For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: JET BLUE TO PUERTO PLATA

I'm loving the times.... And it's direct non-stop. The fares seem to be about the same though. $325 - $400. I don't think the fares will be any cheaper. But you can't beat non-stop into POP.

Sample:

Wed, 23 Jan 08
    Flight 789 10:30 AM Depart New York, NY (JFK) 3:20 PM Arrive Puerto Plata, DR (POP)

Tue, 05 Feb 08
    Flight 790 4:15 PM Depart Puerto Plata, DR (POP) 7:05 PM Arrive New York, NY (JFK)

Happy days are here again!! Maybe??

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,303 Times in 1,519 Posts

I'm loving the times.... And it's direct non-stop. The fares seem to be about the same though. $325 - $400. I don't think the fares will be any cheaper. But you can't beat non-stop into POP.

Sample:

Wed, 23 Jan 08
    Flight 789 10:30 AM Depart New York, NY (JFK) 3:20 PM Arrive Puerto Plata, DR (POP)

Tue, 05 Feb 08
    Flight 790 4:15 PM Depart Puerto Plata, DR (POP) 7:05 PM Arrive New York, NY (JFK)

Happy days are here again!! Maybe??

Ok so Jet Blue is flying non-stop to POP. Well I may have some weekend trips to book.
    If God didn't want me to sin he wouldn't have given me a penis...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to David Smash For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

NEW YORK, Oct. 11, 2007 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- JetBlue Airways, the low-fare, low-cost airline with the most flights to the Caribbean, today announces it will add new service this winter to two more island destinations: St. Maarten in the Netherlands Antilles and Puerto Plata in the Dominican Republic. The award-winning airline will offer one daily nonstop flight between Puerto Plata and New York/JFK effective January 10, 2008, and one daily nonstop flight between St. Maarten and New York/JFK effective January 17, 2008*.

With its new nonstop flights to St. Maarten and Puerto Plata, JetBlue now offers its unique brand of low-fare service and high frills to a total of eleven Caribbean/Atlantic destinations including Aruba; Bermuda; Cancun; Nassau; Aguadilla, Ponce and San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Santiago and Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. JetBlue will serve 55 destinations in seven countries this winter.

"Customers have been asking for more JetBlue flights to the Caribbean and today we're pleased to add service to St. Maarten and Puerto Plata, two of the most beautiful spots in the region," said Marty St. George, JetBlue's Vice President of Network Planning. "With JetBlue, customers enjoy award-winning inflight entertainment, generous name-brand snacks, and top-notch customer service -- all at some of the lowest fares around. We think the flight should be as good as the destination, so on your next trip to the Caribbean, we invite you to experience all that flying should be."

Customers flying JetBlue to/from St. Maarten and Puerto Plata will travel in style aboard the airline's modern Airbus A320 fleet, which features all-leather seating and the most legroom in coach (based on average fleet-wide seat pitch for U.S. airlines), as well as complimentary first-run movies and bonus features from FOX InFlight(tm) on JetBlue's signature seatback televisions. Through its largest focus city at New York's JFK Airport, JetBlue also offers Caribbean travelers convenient connecting service to destinations across the airline's coast-to-coast route network.

"JetBlue's tremendous success flying from New York to the Caribbean is a testament to the affordable, high-quality service that has made the airline a must for New Yorkers visiting relatives or hoping for a relaxing vacation at the beach," said New York's senior U.S. Senator Charles Schumer. "The expanded service to St. Maarten and Puerto Plata promises the same exceptional service for thousands of New Yorkers eager to fill the seats to visit loved ones or travel to new destinations."

"I am so pleased that JetBlue is continuing their commitment to bringing New Yorkers more access to low cost travel options by offering this new service between JFK and the Caribbean," said Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton. "This is particularly welcome news for many New Yorkers in our Caribbean community who are looking for affordable air fare options so they can visit family and friends back home."

"Congratulations to JetBlue on this expansion to the Caribbean," said Chairman Charles Rangel (NY-15th). "My Congressional District has the largest population of Dominicans outside of the Dominican Republic. JetBlue's expansion of service to not only Santo Domingo and Santiago, but to Puerto Plata as well, will make it much more convenient for my constituents to visit the island and their relatives."

St. Maarten

JetBlue's new service between New York and St. Maarten's Princess Juliana International Airport, with fares starting at $159(a) each way:

--------------------------------------------------------------

New York, NY (JFK) to St. Maarten, Netherlands

St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles (SXM) to

Antilles (SXM) New York, NY (JFK)

Depart - Arrive Depart - Arrive

9:35 a.m. - 2:40 p.m. 3:35 p.m. - 7:05 p.m.

(eff. Jan. 17, 2008) (eff. Jan. 17, 2008)

"On behalf of the Island Territory of St. Maarten, I am pleased to welcome JetBlue Airways," said Roy Marlin, St. Maarten's commissioner of tourism. "JetBlue customers will soon discover that St. Maarten is the best leisure destination in the region, offering 37 beaches, over 400 restaurants with Gold Award winning chefs, exceptional entertainment and nightlife as well as a myriad of accommodations to fit any lifestyle -- all in a safe, friendly, cosmopolitan environment."

"On behalf of the Sint Maarten Hospitality and Trade Association, we are proud to have participated in the process of developing a strategic partnership with JetBlue," said Emil Lee, the organization's president. "We are totally committed to this win-win partnership that will bring great value to St. Maarten, JetBlue and our customers. JetBlue's business model of low cost flights with great service will make travel between the United States and St. Maarten much more accessible for both the residents of St. Maarten and visitors from the United States."

Puerto Plata

JetBlue's new service between New York and Puerto Plata's Gregorio Luperon International Airport, with fares starting at $109(a) each way:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

New York, NY (JFK) to Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (POP)

Puerto Plata, Dominican to

Republic (POP) New York, NY (JFK)

Depart - Arrive Depart - Arrive

10:30 a.m. - 3:20 p.m. 4:15 p.m. - 7:05 p.m.

(eff. Jan. 10, 2008) (eff. Jan. 10, 2008)

"We offer JetBlue and all its customers the warmest welcome to Puerto Plata," said Mr. Felix Jimenez, minister of tourism of the Dominican Republic. "The Dominican north coast offers innumerable tourist attractions, world class golf, extreme sports, adventure tourism and a tremendous diversity of accommodations and gastronomy. Don't miss the opportunity to discover the most complete vacation destination in the Caribbean, which all can enjoy with serenity, safety and fun."

Customers enrolled in JetBlue's customer loyalty program, TrueBlue, will earn six TrueBlue points each way for flights between New York and St. Maarten or Puerto Plata. Double TrueBlue points are awarded for travel purchased online at www.jetblue.com. Customers can earn TrueBlue points even faster by using the JetBlue Card from American Express. Every time cardholders purchase JetBlue travel with the Card, or earn at least one TrueBlue point through other purchasing using the Card, all TrueBlue points in the member's account automatically extend for another 12 months.

New York-based JetBlue Airways has created a new airline category based on value, service and style. Known for its award-winning service and free TV as much as its low fares, JetBlue is now pleased to offer customers the most legroom throughout coach (based on average fleet-wide seat pitch for U.S. airlines). JetBlue is also America's first and only airline to offer its own Customer Bill of Rights, with meaningful and specific compensation for customers inconvenienced by service disruptions within JetBlue's control. Visit www.jetblue.com/promise for details. JetBlue currently serves 53 cities with up to 525 daily flights. With JetBlue, all seats are assigned, all travel is ticketless, all fares are one-way, and an overnight stay is never required. For information or reservations call 1-800-JETBLUE (1-800-538-2583), 1-809-200-9898 in the Dominican Republic, 801-365-2583 in St. Maarten, or visit www.jetblue.com.

* Service to Puerto Plata and St. Maarten is subject to receipt of government operating authority.

(a) All fares are subject to change without notice. Fares are only available for flights booked at jetblue.com. Travel costs $10 more per person if purchased by telephone, or at an airport or city ticket office. Fares require up to a 14-day advance purchase. Fares may not be available on all days or on all flights. Fares are most often found on midweek travel dates. All fares must be purchased at time of reservation, and are one-way, nonrefundable, and nontransferable. Cancellations and changes can be made prior to scheduled departure for $45 at 1-800-JETBLUE (1-809-200-9898 if located in the Dominican Republic) or $35 at jetblue.com, with applicable fare adjustment. Cancellations are for a JetBlue travel credit only, which is valid for one year. If a reservation is not changed or canceled prior to scheduled departure, all money associated with the reservation is forfeited. Fares do not include Passenger Facility Charges of up to $9 each way, September 11th Security Fees of up to $5 each way and a Federal Segment Tax of $3.40 per domestic segment. A segment is a takeoff and landing. International fares also do not include government fees and taxes of up to $75.90 each way. All taxes and fees must be paid at the time of purchase. JetBlue reserves the right to deny boarding to passengers without proper documentation. Other restrictions apply.

DIRECTV(r) service is not available on flights outside the continental United States; however, where applicable FOX InFlight(tm) is offered complimentary on these routes. FOX InFlight(tm) is a trademark of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. JetBlue's in-flight entertainment service is provided by LiveTV, a wholly owned subsidiary of JetBlue.

This press release contains statements of a forward-looking nature which represent our management's beliefs and assumptions concerning future events. Forward-looking statements involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions, and are based on information currently available to us. Actual results may differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements due to many factors, including, without limitation, our extremely competitive industry; increases in fuel prices, maintenance costs and interest rates; our ability to implement our growth strategy, including the ability to operate reliably the EMBRAER 190 aircraft; our significant fixed obligations; our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel and maintain our culture as we grow; our reliance on high daily aircraft utilization; our dependence on the New York metropolitan market and the effect of increased congestion in this market; our reliance on automated systems and technology; our being subject to potential unionization; our reliance on a limited number of suppliers; changes in or additional government regulation; changes in our industry due to other airlines' financial condition; and external geopolitical events and conditions. Further information concerning these and other factors is contained in the Company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings, including but not limited to, the Company's 2006 Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. We undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    "Customers have been asking for more JetBlue flights to the Caribbean and today we're pleased to add service to St. Maarten and Puerto Plata, two of the most beautiful spots in the region," said Marty St. George, JetBlue's Vice President of Network Planning.
    Did you read that Jimmy?

Can you finally admit that customers writing in asking for a new service destination(which is what this thread was all about) really works??

Especially when the airline itself asks the customers to write in their opinions!!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Did you read that Jimmy?

Can you finally admit that customers writing in asking for a new service destination(which is what this thread was all about) really works??

Especially when the airline itself asks the customers to write in their opinions!!

I rather be wrong everytime on these matters but you were right. Too bad, most of us Colombian/Cuba travelers will go all to often to benefit from that direct service.

Please turn off the begging, its getting to me.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Please turn off the begging, its getting to me.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,258 Times in 1,076 Posts

Rolleyes Re: JET BLUE TO PUERTO PLATA

Damn and I thought I was going to slow down going to DR with my buddy working for Jet Blue I cant pass up those buddy passes .

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

Im so pissed right now!!! i am planning for my Jan. 08 trip and i was looking on Jetblue and they dont start there JFK-POP UNTIL JANUARY 10TH!!!

i miss it by a few days...damn it.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Hemp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 1,151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hempstead View Post
    Im so pissed right now!!! i am planning for my Jan. 08 trip and i was looking on Jetblue and they dont start there JFK-POP UNTIL JANUARY 10TH!!!

i miss it by a few days...damn it.
    Damn , you waiting that long to go back
    CHICA_SEEKA

" NEVER LEAVE YOUR WINGMAN'

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChicaSeeka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChicaSeeka View Post
    Damn , you waiting that long to go back
    unfortunately its high season for my line of work...holidays man!!! actually i dont want to go anywhere this time of year...i like hanging with friends and family stateside.

but that new Jetblue flight schedule into POP is a good look for future sosua trips...

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemp For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Let us know if anyone is able to get the lower priced fares. Jet Blue's discount seats tend to sell out quick.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

It's good to see Jet Blue getting in on the punani trade. SXM is a great punani destination as well as POP. When I arrived in Aruba last time I saw Jet Blue prominently parked at their gate and thought "damn. I could've had a V8". Jet Blue is $428 r/t vs. $560 for the USairways ticket I bought.

I imagine that since St. Maarten is about an hour less flight time and POP even less, they'll be even cheaper but I could be wrong about that. I was amazed when they started their service to SDQ earlier this year and it was sooo f'ing expensive ($508 IAD/SDQ) vs. the 6hr, $428 r/t for IAD/AUA.

American just announced a fare hike and the DCA/SDQ round trip just went from $303 to $333. Crude oil tickled $96/barrel yesterday and I think all this competition in the airline industry will soon see a lot of acquisition posturing. We may look back at this timeframe as the golden age of monger traveling in a few years.....
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Warning JET BLUE TO PUERTO PLATA from JFK

Hey guys...for four days only you can purchase your Jetblue tickets to POP (From JFK) for only $99.00 each way. They will start flying into POP on January 10th. Now is the time to book them!

http://www.jetblue.com/traveldeals/i...&sp_mid=897845

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MegaSquirt For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: JET BLUE TO PUERTO PLATA from JFK

Quote Originally Posted by MegaSquirt View Post
    Hey guys...for four days only you can purchase your Jetblue tickets to POP (From JFK) for only $99.00 each way. They will start flying into POP on January 10th. Now is the time to book them!

http://www.jetblue.com/traveldeals/i...&sp_mid=897845

With tax its over $320.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread Information