Thread: Policia Nacional killed today

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

Policia Nacional killed today

I had started a thread about a member of the Policia Nacional who was killed in Puerto Plata today but, for some strange reason, I just lost it. I'm tired and half in the bag, so I'll get to it tomorrow.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Policia Nacional killed today

I had stopped in to the Claro store over by La Javilla yesterday and, while there, a motoconcho driver stopped in and mentioned that some Policia Nacional had just shot a guy and there were many police just down the street. At least that's how it was explained to me. I know it happens occasionally here so I didn't give it two thoughts.

I decided to go to the beach at Costambar as I had never really been there, and had something to eat, and then headed over to San Marcos for a few. When I arrived there word had started to spread about the shooting but, now, with a slightly different twist. This time it involved an officer being shot. Apparently a couple of guys were attempting to steal some chicas pasola or moto and an officer happened to come across the attempted robbery. The guys dropped the bike and a chase ensued. Sometime during the chase the officer was shot.

After hanging out for a couple of hours the owner of the place called her boyfriend who was working and told him to shut down as there were police all over town and it might not be safe. At that point I headed on over to the barrio Padre La Casa and hung for a while. After about 30 minutes suddenly we heard a barrage of shots and people started to scatter. Because of the number of shots and the rapid fire, I figured it might be the cops seeking their vengeance but, of course, don't know.

On my way home there were cops everywhere and, before leaving Padre La Casa, I heard reinforcements were being brought in from Santo Domingo, so it might be hot around here for a couple of days. One of the attempted robbers is supposedly in the hospital and the cops were/are searching for the other. I have a pretty good idea what will happen to him if/when they catch him. Remember, this is all second hand info.

Edit: Correcting the day I was at Claro. It was yesterday. I was writing this morning as if it were still yesterday.
    Last edited by Rubicon; 10-18-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Not a good idea to shoot a cop, anywhere in the world, it becomes personal very fast.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 279 Posts

Clap Re: Policia Nacional killed today

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Not a good idea to shoot a cop, anywhere in the world, it becomes personal very fast.
    The rumor I just heard is that last night in Bario Oliva (near the prison) the police and Federialis (sp) ambushed the two responsible plus two others trying to help them escape. By the sound of it it was like the sheriff in Florida when ask how come the bad guy was shot 47 times. He said they ran out of bullets. These bad guys were shot up so much that they were unrecognizable. Will wait on official reports in paper and photos, they love to display the photos not shown in Canada or the US.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DominicanBilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DominicanBilly View Post
    The rumor I just heard is that last night in Bario Oliva (near the prison)
    Yep, that would be the general area where we heard the shots coming from while sitting in barrio Padre La Casa, which is just west of the prison. I remember hearing quite a few shots, and in rapid succession, so I figured it was the cops going to town on somebody.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

according to DR1

Two brothers who allegedly murdered a Police sergeant and wounded a corporal just hours before were taken down by gunfire from a Police patrol in the Los Olivas section of Puerto Plata yesterday. According to the El Caribe the brothers, Wilson and Danny Guzman del Rosario were found with two pistols, a .380 and a 9 mm, with which they shot it out with the policemen who followed intelligence reports to locate them in the barrio.

The alleged criminals fell in the midst of a gunfight with the patrol. They were being sought by the Police because hours before, in the afternoon, they had assassinated the non-commissioned officer, Sergeant Arismendy Lopez Francisco and wounded the Corporal Alvaro Luis Rojas Hernandez.

The preliminary report says that the shooting occurred on the main road of Los Olivios. The shooting occurred at around 2:40 in the afternoon when the sergeant and the corporal tried to arrest two unknown subjects who minutes before had tried to rob the A & M Lottery Agency, located on H Street in Torre Alta in Puerto Plata. The alleged thieves were traveling on a PGO, T-Rex 150, without plates, and which they left abandoned on the street. The National Police said that they would issue a full report later today.

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    according to DR1

Two brothers who allegedly murdered a Police sergeant and wounded a corporal just hours before were taken down by gunfire from a Police patrol in the Los Olivas section of Puerto Plata yesterday. According to the El Caribe the brothers, Wilson and Danny Guzman del Rosario were found with two pistols, a .380 and a 9 mm, with which they shot it out with the policemen who followed intelligence reports to locate them in the barrio.

The alleged criminals fell in the midst of a gunfight with the patrol. They were being sought by the Police because hours before, in the afternoon, they had assassinated the non-commissioned officer, Sergeant Arismendy Lopez Francisco and wounded the Corporal Alvaro Luis Rojas Hernandez.

The preliminary report says that the shooting occurred on the main road of Los Olivios. The shooting occurred at around 2:40 in the afternoon when the sergeant and the corporal tried to arrest two unknown subjects who minutes before had tried to rob the A & M Lottery Agency, located on H Street in Torre Alta in Puerto Plata. The alleged thieves were traveling on a PGO, T-Rex 150, without plates, and which they left abandoned on the street. The National Police said that they would issue a full report later today.
    Stupid fucks. Glad they got what was coming to them.

Don't look if you have a sqeamish stomach.

http://www.detrasdelrumor.com/news/r...erir-cabo.html
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    according to DR1

Stupid fucks. Glad they got what was coming to them.

Don't look if you have a squeamish stomach.

http://www.detrasdelrumor.com/news/r...erir-cabo.html

BTW, in this newspaper article, it's said that the guys that killed the policemen were younger, and there were only two of them.

Other articles are saying they were two brothers, and the third was trying to help them escape.

Yet another article is saying that the third person killed was a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

His family is saying he had been in his house, was getting ready to eat, and went across the street to buy a soda in the colmado.

At the same moment, the police arrived, and started blasting away.. According to the neighbors, he was a good kid who never had problems with anyone over anything.
    Last edited by MrHappy; 10-19-2011 at 10:00 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    His family is saying he ... went across the street to buy a soda in the colmado. At the same moment, the police arrived, and started blasting away ...
    Dominican Billy always told me "Stick to cuba libres. Drinking refrescos can damage your health". Maybe he has a point?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thread Information