Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: old school newbie here!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,894 Times in 1,768 Posts

Re: old school newbie here!

Quote Originally Posted by kidench View Post
    I was going to stay 3 or 4 day...making it a week now! I'm looking for the BB newsletter now. SB weekend ....I'm there. BTW.....I've never had a hangover in my life. Seriously.....if I get one there...that would be saying something! BB sounds like Adalitha's in Tijuana. My old stomping ground.....memories ....
    Hang with myself and/or TNT72, and I bet that will change.....
    "You're only as old as the woman you feel" Groucho Marx

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to drdreamer For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    He needs to start much slower.

Why? He's mongered in Mexico. He's just decided to move away from the crazy....to the crazyness!!!!!!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    You don't say how long you are going for, or exactly where, but if you are going for at least a week, I'd recommend a couple of days at Blackbeard's in Puerto Plata before going over to Sosua for the remainder. I am also a solo monger, and BBs makes it very easy to meet fellow mongers. I've had the pleasure of meeting culebra, dunedain, daddy999 and others there.
    Me personally, I would never tell someone to go or not go to Barba Negras. I visited once for a couple hours, and I couldn't stand it. WAYYYYYY to enclosed for me. But, just because it's not for me, I just leave it alone instead of talking bad about it.

But, TC...your reasoning for going to BB that weekend is just weak!!! Being at BB makes it easy to meet members????? I put him on the hottest weekend of the year, on average. Let alone with the party we are throwing. I'm not trying to toot our or my horns, but I'd bet there will be at least 30 members in town, and I'm thinking, there could be as many as 50.

And, while not everyone will hang together all day, everyday. We will be a loose group that shifts all the time. And everyone will know the normal schedule everyday, so they will know where to be.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drdreamer View Post
    Hang with myself and/or TNT72, and I bet that will change.....
    I don't know dreamer, maybe he's like us..... and never sobers up!!!!!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    I don't know dreamer, maybe he's like us..... and never sobers up!!!!!
    so that would make him pretty normal, no?
    Vida es buena....

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'll cemented my story so I'm good. Wife thinks it's a fishing trip in the Florida keys with my buddies! Iriemon...read your post....great reading! Would love to meet you guys ob the sb weekend. I got a feeling that the Sousa suites will be booked by all of you. Other suggestions?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kidench For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,894 Times in 1,768 Posts

I'll cemented my story so I'm good. Wife thinks it's a fishing trip in the Florida keys with my buddies! Iriemon...read your post....great reading! Would love to meet you guys ob the sb weekend. I got a feeling that the Sousa suites will be booked by all of you. Other suggestions?
    Never hurts to check if it is booked. I always stay at New Garden, when I don't stay in a villa..

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drdreamer For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Boys will be boys!!!
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 Times in 2,070 Posts

I was going to stay 3 or 4 day...making it a week now! I'm looking for the BB newsletter now. SB weekend ....I'm there. BTW.....I've never had a hangover in my life. Seriously.....if I get one there...that would be saying something! BB sounds like Adalitha's in Tijuana. My old stomping ground.....memories ....
    If you're staying at least a week, would split the time. I really like BB's for the reasons I mentioned (plus the ones in the newsletter!) But I couldn't imgine staying there a whole week. last time I was there I stayed for 4 days which was definitely 1 day too many. After I had fucked the ones I wanted, I couldn't wait to get over to Sosua. Then again, unlike a lot of mongers, I ususally don't repeat over and over with the same chicas. Monotony makes me think of marriage and that scares the shit out of me. My favorite pussy is new pussy. Fresh pink!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,453 Times in 2,070 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    Me personally, I would never tell someone to go or not go to Barba Negras. I visited once for a couple hours, and I couldn't stand it. WAYYYYYY to enclosed for me. But, just because it's not for me, I just leave it alone instead of talking bad about it.

But, TC...your reasoning for going to BB that weekend is just weak!!! Being at BB makes it easy to meet members????? I put him on the hottest weekend of the year, on average. Let alone with the party we are throwing. I'm not trying to toot our or my horns, but I'd bet there will be at least 30 members in town, and I'm thinking, there could be as many as 50.

And, while not everyone will hang together all day, everyday. We will be a loose group that shifts all the time. And everyone will know the normal schedule everyday, so they will know where to be.
    TNT72, you undoubtedly have far more Sosua and DR experience than I do, but that's exactly my point. When you go, you always know a lot of people there, make a million plans to meet people down there, have plans for huge parties, and invasions, etc. And when you already know 20 other people there, it becomes evern easier to meet the next 50. So I have no doubt that you find it easy to meet other mongers in Sosua when you go. And I hope to be one of them one of these years.

But I think I have far more experience than you do when it comes to traveling alone, without making plans, and without knowing anyone when I get there. Which is exactly the way the OP is going. And I've met far more ISOC members at BBs than I have in Sosua. In Sosua, I've met very few, if you don't count the ones Wilfried introduced me to, and as we know, he's sadly on the bench at the moment. The fact that BBs is "enclosed" lends itself to that. You may find my reasoning "weak", but that's been my experience and I hope the OP benefits from it.

I'm not knocking Sosua, I love it! I'm saying that BBs is a great compliment to it if you have at least a week. And as I said, BBs is good for 2-3 days max.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TC For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

We love stories. Got any?

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice! I'm 42, so I wouldn't mind hanging out with youngsters .....LOL. I'll set up the PayPal account and get a report. I'm flexible on dates....is the SB party set? If so...any details that can be shared with the newbie?

You are a youngster

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    We love stories. Got any?
    I've got plenty....but no pics. I plan on doing my first report in feb. I will be there the 16th-20th. I am now going with a buddy so I won't make the SB party my buddy has been several times and wants to go to protect me from myself....lol....good luck! After reading all the reports....I'm on a mission to:

1. Get snitched on
    2 post pics of somebody's Novia
    3. Get a tln for local rates
    4 not to have a pic of my hairy ass like TNT.....funny shit
    5. Post a TR worthy of you guys hitting the thanks button

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kidench For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've got plenty....but no pics.

We can start with your stories and we may just hit the thank you button.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information