Thread: Things to do in the POP area

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

Things to do in the POP area

Hopefully I will make time to keep this updated.The Malecon was jumping last night as it usually does on Sat. & Sundaday night lots of fine Young chicas but there are lot of young Chicos also it is a site "to behold though not for the faint at heart.I was at Home Play for about 30 mins. Then I headed to what appears to be my favorite spot these days the Copa it can be hit or miss but things seem to be picking up normally Sat and Sunday are exceptional days .I am going to try to keep this updated with different spots .I am finding new out of the way places I just have to get the names and make the time to post it.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,239 Times in 5,923 Posts

Re: Things to do in the POP area

Finally, a Hoseman on-site thread to follow. Fire it up Hose!!

EC's pic

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,353 Times in 887 Posts

Thanks Hoseman, that would be great. I have to mention one spot I believe is called El Fuergon? I met Weyland one wedneday evening there and that place really gets going on wed nights. Its a good mix of chicas and chicos, but everyone was really cool. After Weyland left, I was the only american in the place with a chica. I didn't feel out of place at all. It was quite comfortable as everyone was there to get their dance and drink on. They have wed specials of 6 grande Presidente's in ice buckets for 300 pesos. It kind of reminds me of a place where young full time working people would go after work. I didn't see one chico or chica that you would consider a hood rat the whole evening. It definitely did not have the feel of a Classicos or Latinos. I'm not sure how else to describe it, but that its a cool place to chill, chica watch, dance, and approach a chica if you choose.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to daddy999 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoseman View Post
    Hopefully I will make time to keep this updated.The Malecon was jumping last night as it usually does on Sat. & Sundaday night lots of fine Young chicas but there are lot of young Chicos also it is a site "to behold though not for the faint at heart.I was at Home Play for about 30 mins. Then I headed to what appears to be my favorite spot these days the Copa it can be hit or miss but things seem to be picking up normally Sat and Sunday are exceptional days .I am going to try to keep this updated with different spots .I am finding new out of the way places I just have to get the names and make the time to post it.
    Does that mean it is a hood spot?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daddy999 View Post
    Thanks Hoseman, that would be great. I have to mention one spot I believe is called El Fuergon? I met Weyland one wedneday evening there and that place really gets going on wed nights. Its a good mix of chicas and chicos, but everyone was really cool. After Weyland left, I was the only american in the place with a chica. I didn't feel out of place at all. It was quite comfortable as everyone was there to get their dance and drink on. They have wed specials of 6 grande Presidente's in ice buckets for 300 pesos. It kind of reminds me of a place where young full time working people would go after work. I didn't see one chico or chica that you would consider a hood rat the whole evening. It definitely did not have the feel of a Classicos or Latinos. I'm not sure how else to describe it, but that its a cool place to chill, chica watch, dance, and approach a chica if you choose.
    El Furgon has always been a decent kind of place to just chill, at least for the past 6 years that I've been aware of it, and business seems to have picked up since it burned down and was re-built roughly a couple of years ago.

Hoseman, I'd be interested in the location of Copa. I wouldn't be surprised if I've been there before but just didn't take note of the name. I'll be in town Thursday and wouldn't mind stopping in next weekend to check it out.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,071 Times in 409 Posts

18 de Agosto (correct me if Im wrong)

thats a strip full of EL FLOW type of places

soooooo many non pro chicas BUT thats where DR dudes go to meet women too and they wont be too fond of you so cowards stay away lol
    All Bitches Are Looking For Some Sort Of Come Up!!!

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to harlem hec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by harlem hec View Post
    18 de Agosto (correct me if Im wrong)
    thats a strip full of EL FLOW type of places
    Your right in that Chalo and Charlys are located there. However, it would be better if you speak some Spanish in order to play the local game there Also the number is 16 de Agosto...
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,071 Times in 409 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder View Post
    Your right in that Chalo and Charlys are located there. However, it would be better if you speak some Spanish in order to play the local game there Also the number is 16 de Agosto...

thanks SW

the locals call it just by the number....the chica told me "VEN PA LA DIEZ Y SEIS" or come to the 16th

I thought it was a bar in pop but the cab driver dropped me off on a strip and it was a bit overwhelming especially on the wknds.

YEP spanish is almost a must!

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to harlem hec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

thanks SW

the locals call it just by the number....the chica told me "VEN PA LA DIEZ Y SEIS" or come to the 16th

I thought it was a bar in pop but the cab driver dropped me off on a strip and it was a bit overwhelming especially on the wknds.

There is Chalo's and Charly's which sit on corners diagonal to each other on 16 de Agosto, one or two blocks up from the Malecon (one owned by a father, the other owned by the son, IIRC). There is also another joint one block up from Chalo's and Charly's which sits on the corner. Don't know that I ever knew the name, but a few diamonds can be found there on occasion.

On the several occasions I've been to Chalo's or Charly's I recall seeing ONE gringo. So, yeah, as you posted earlier, IT AIN'T SOSUA.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 697 Posts

Nice info...will check all these out soon.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    There is Chalo's and Charly's which sit on corners diagonal to each other on 16 de Agosto, one or two blocks up from the Malecon (one owned by a father, the other owned by the son, IIRC). There is also another joint one block up from Chalo's and Charly's which sits on the corner. Don't know that I ever knew the name, but a few diamonds can be found there on occasion.

On the several occasions I've been to Chalo's or Charly's I recall seeing ONE gringo. So, yeah, as you posted earlier, IT AIN'T SOSUA.

I've offended you.....goood

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,364 Times in 78,283 Posts

Last topic he started.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

thanks SW

I had a few chica's take me there..Its always good to do a little recon with the chicas. Gives you a chance to look at the eye candy and not worry to much about stepping to the wrong chica.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,118 Times in 3,985 Posts

D's last post....

at least we can see that his final days were spent in paradise just like he hoped for.
    www.thatsafunnyshirt.com www.toledotees.com

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naptime For This Useful Post:

Thread Information