Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12/2011 - The Boathouse- from The Rediscovering Boca Chica Series

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Re: The Boathouse- from The Rediscovering Boca Chica Series

Quote Originally Posted by Dominican dave View Post
    I was initially looking for bar information to show you that we don't even have a thread for the Piano Bar in Boca Chica and that is like a main spot for mongering activity.
    Really? I never knew that. The main spot for me is my swimming pool and room.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,336 Times in 6,473 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    To get inside you need to pay for trip report access.
    The trip report section of the boca chica forum is free access???

Not sure what you mean but I've given up on this already. But you just made me curious what is in the paid section when it comes to sub forums of different countries.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Really? I never knew that. The main spot for me is my swimming pool and room.
    Really?? I thought we all did research here but I've come to find out some of us have connections to where we don't really have to do much research at all. I just think there should be information for those who don't know anything to learn a thing or two.

Not everyone hs time to go through trip reports and read through a lot of side chat to get to the information they are looking for. Some guys are reading for information, some guys are reading to enjoy adventure tales of fellow board members.

The idea of a main spot is all what you make it out to be. For you it can be your swimmming pool and room (though I don't believe you) every area has a location or section that is considered to be the center of the action. In boca chica it is duarte and one of the center spots in my opinion is the piano bar.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Festy View Post
    Heading back to the Boat House in August. These Boca Chica threads are either slow or dead. I hope to have some good reports of BC.
    The problem with Boca Chica is that it isn't really a final destination type place because it's so small. Boca Chica information abounds in trip reports from guys who stay mainly in the Capitol or on the North Coast and take side trips to Boca Chica. My last trip to Boca Chica was the 1st time that I actually spent my entire (2 week) vacation there and even with that I had to change hotels after the 1st week just to mix it up, like I said it's a small place and to tell you the truth that little strip on Duarte can get kind of monotonous after a few days.

I spent the 1st week at the Europa and feasted on the best of the low end beach/ strip Chicas. They are generally pretty dependable and there are some cuties among them but it is the low end and at the end of the day you've got to ask yourself what can you expect for $25? The Europa was perfect for the strip but I didn't spend as much time hanging at the Piano Bar as I found the comfort of Porky's bar more to my liking. It's almost never crowded and you don't have to bear the annoyance of unsolicited Chicas begging for beers because there are no Chicas hanging out there. The Chicas are strolling past and with a clear, open view of the "Hamaca" side of Duarte you will find it very easy to solicit the attention of a good looking passerby without putting yourself on blast.

The 2nd weel I moved to Villa Florencia and with the serious upgrade in accommodation I was forced to upgrade the talent. One of those Chicas del Calle would have stolen all the crystal nic-naks off the etagiere and maybe a couple of my champagne glasses. During my time at the Palace only El Batey (no calle Chicas allowed), casa and semi/ non Pro Chicas got the invitation. There was never a question of "Chica friendly" but you just can't bring any old hood rat into an environment of opulence, for many reasons.

Unfortunately I posted my trip reports in Green, having attempted posting pictures in Green, TR on the TR section and the 'good pix' in Purple and finding it too much like 3D Chess. There were others who posted at the same time in the Boca Chica TR section with pretty much the duplicate info but different perspectives and that was a good thing. We also have several updates to all the info on BC over the past year and some really good insights from fresh eyes and young legs on how the p[lace is progressing.

Actually there was a kind of a "cleanup" similar to what's going on in So-Sewer now and it was a good thing because 5-6 years ago there was entirely too much of the wrong element in town and it wasn't a pretty sight with druggies, thieves and Euro-Short-Eyes around every corner. Over the past 2 years Boca Chica and the night life there has been seriously improved and it's a fun place to party once again.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Sometimes it's good to follow someone's posts/reports that goes to a destination frequently. Many of us have been to BC in the last year and posted a lot of intel. Skynrd has been a few times this year and posted a lot about BC in his reports so he's a good poster to follow for BC updates.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

The idea of a main spot is all what you make it out to be. For you it can be your swimmming pool and room (though I don't believe you) every area has a location or section that is considered to be the center of the action. In boca chica it is duarte and one of the center spots in my opinion is the piano bar.
    I never been to the piano bar. Am I missing something?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 983 Posts

You may have been there and not known it. Besides the bar itself, it includes that area of Duarte directly in front of it. (The couple of blocks on the park side of Hotel Europa). But I would agree it's the place to be from 7pm til at least midnight.

Sorry about the quality of the pics, but you get the idea of what it looks like. These were taken just after dusk as they were setting up the street for the night.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ramair4 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I apologize I thought you were being sarcastic at first but I see that you are serious. The explaination given in response to your question hits the nail right on the head.

If I had to compare the piano bar I would say it is kind of like d latins was to sosua where it is the place you hang out to prepare for when classicos opens.

Like was mentioned in the description of piano bar, it seems like the place to be from 7pm til about midnight. After that you have the disco open. I think 7pm is around the time they close the street on duarte too.

But this is stuff I feel should have its own thread, even if its just to answer the question of what it is and why its considered to be one of the central spots in boca chicas mongering scene.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

I apologize I thought you were being sarcastic at first but I see that you are serious. The explaination given in response to your question hits the nail right on the head.

If I had to compare the piano bar I would say it is kind of like d latins was to sosua where it is the place you hang out to prepare for when classicos opens.

Like was mentioned in the description of piano bar, it seems like the place to be from 7pm til about midnight. After that you have the disco open. I think 7pm is around the time they close the street on duarte too.

But this is stuff I feel should have its own thread, even if its just to answer the question of what it is and why its considered to be one of the central spots in boca chicas mongering scene.
    Actually the mongering scene extends for quite a ways beyond Duarte in Boca Chica. There are several casas in Boca Chica which IMO are far better than their counterparts in the Capitol and the colmados are hopping with fine talent in the neighborhoods, some of whom will be at El Batey later in the evening and some are just around the way Chicas who are bored with the around the way Chulos.

If it weren't for us Guys visiting town I doubt that most of the area ex-Pat's would even venture to Duarte. You should see some of the places where they hang out. There's a zillion little spots that we'd never know about without them and having their vouch will multiply your opportunities for an exceptionally good time.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Feel free to start a topic called Piano Bar, or whatever you want to call it. I start my day at about 8am and by 3 PM, I got laid at least twice if thats my goal. No reason to get started at 7 or 8, in my opinion.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ramair4 View Post
    You may have been there and not known it. Besides the bar itself, it includes that area of Duarte directly in front of it. (The couple of blocks on the park side of Hotel Europa). But I would agree it's the place to be from 7pm til at least midnight.

Sorry about the quality of the pics, but you get the idea of what it looks like. These were taken just after dusk as they were setting up the street for the night.

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

My bad, that place is one of the many places along this awesome strip. I was with a chica every night for 7 nights and the security guard knew her name, but I didn't.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Click to see pic

Click to see pic
    Lets start at the beginning. Its a very easy and simple place. If you can't figure out that the action takes place here, well, then there is a problem. Life doesn't get easier than this.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Actually the mongering scene extends for quite a ways beyond Duarte in Boca Chica. There are several casas in Boca Chica which IMO are far better than their counterparts in the Capitol and the colmados are hopping with fine talent in the neighborhoods, some of whom will be at El Batey later in the evening and some are just around the way Chicas who are bored with the around the way Chulos.

If it weren't for us Guys visiting town I doubt that most of the area ex-Pat's would even venture to Duarte. You should see some of the places where they hang out. There's a zillion little spots that we'd never know about without them and having their vouch will multiply your opportunities for an exceptionally good time.
    To me Boca chica is Duarte and the beach for entry level mongers. For more experienced mongers the scene is everything from santo domingo and inbetween Boca Chica. I forget the name of the place Yayow took me too but last year the place looked totally different and now he told me that the owner of the Batey opened up this spot which is where the locals are accustomed to hanging out, since the older place. Anyway I agree there are so many places in the southern part of the country, I don't disagree with that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Feel free to start a topic called Piano Bar, or whatever you want to call it. I start my day at about 8am and by 3 PM, I got laid at least twice if thats my goal. No reason to get started at 7 or 8, in my opinion.
    My bad, that place is one of the many places along this awesome strip. I was with a chica every night for 7 nights and the security guard knew her name, but I didn't.
    Its not about the Piano Bar, that was just an example. I wouldn't even know where to put that thread. All I was trying to get at is that the board is not as simple as people make it out to be. It is kind of hard to find current information unless you are really keeping up with stuff going on here.

I see though that the Boca Chica TR section is open board and not subscription, so rightfully so my TR was moved. I thought all the TR sections were subscription forums. Why even have a Boca Chica TR forum??

Lets start at the beginning. Its a very easy and simple place. If you can't figure out that the action takes place here, well, then there is a problem. Life doesn't get easier than this.
    I'm only approaching this from the perspective of someone who has never been. Having been there I understand what you are saying but how about someone on their first trip? This is why I don't really read into anything you say though when it comes to level of difficulty. I have learned that Simple and Easy for you is not Simple and Easy for me due to your resources and experience. I had a pretty hard time in Santo Domingo on my first trip, reading into that same "Easy and Simple place" idea. And when someone asks a question people say that he should do his research. But now when I go into sections threads are closed because they are old. If I don't know to read a certain persons TR or section of it, it might take me a long time to get the information i'm looking for (if I even find it at all).

Click to see pic

Click to see pic
    Gracias.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Its not about the Piano Bar, that was just an example. I wouldn't even know where to put that thread. All I was trying to get at is that the board is not as simple as people make it out to be. It is kind of hard to find current information unless you are really keeping up with stuff going on here.
    Well for those that want to come in once a year or two and get updated, too bad.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm only approaching this from the perspective of someone who has never been. Having been there I understand what you are saying but how about someone on their first trip? This is why I don't really read into anything you say though when it comes to level of difficulty. I have learned that Simple and Easy for you is not Simple and Easy for me due to your resources and experience. I had a pretty hard time in Santo Domingo on my first trip, reading into that same "Easy and Simple place" idea. And when someone asks a question people say that he should do his research. But now when I go into sections threads are closed because they are old. If I don't know to read a certain persons TR or section of it, it might take me a long time to get the information i'm looking for (if I even find it at all).

Gracias.
    I was just there for the first time last year. Its easy, really it is. You see the closed street, you walk over and see what is going on.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Sometimes it's good to follow someone's posts/reports that goes to a destination frequently. Many of us have been to BC in the last year and posted a lot of intel. Skynrd has been a few times this year and posted a lot about BC in his reports so he's a good poster to follow for BC updates.
    Lets start at the beginning. Life doesn't get easier than this.
    YESS. But it shouldn't be like that. I mean am I on twitter here?? I have to follow Skynyrd's every TR post to gather information. There are Subforums to all these sections of the country yet the information is not in the sections but in the TR's.

All i'm saying is it would be a lot easier for people to learn about the places before visiting if they could get information easier. When I made my first trip I believe Boris started a thread about a hotel and that is where i ended up staying. I looked through the hotel section and it was bare, how would I know where to stay for my first time?

I remember there was directions to GBP on the site and then that thread was moved to another forum that had restricted access. I am sure there is a lot of great information like that within TR's but it is very hard to extract that information out for someone just searching. I was just curious as to why but I see that a lot of the board is open forum to all registered users.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

YESS. But it shouldn't be like that. I mean am I on twitter here?? I have to follow Skynyrd's every TR post to gather information. There are Subforums to all these sections of the country yet the information is not in the sections but in the TR's.
    Well over a million posts and 10,000's of pictures. 100's of active posters covering almost everyplace.

You need to be involved to get what you want.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information