Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acts against women's arbitrary arrest

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Acts against women's arbitrary arrest

FROM SOSUA NEWS

The website and TV program 'Detras del Rumor' acts in strong terms against arbitrary arrests of women in Sosúa. According to Detras del Rumor, women who have in no way violated any law, have been arrested and put in prison. Every night, according to the information source, dozens of women have been locked up in prison. Without exception, the women are accused of prostitution. According to Detras del Rumor the Tourist Police (Politur) violate several laws. The arrest of citizens without proof is also in the Dominican Republic prohibited. It's raining complaints during the live broadcast of TV program Detras del Rumor by women who feel treated unfair. Amnesty International has expressed serious concern about this violation of basic human rights and announced further investigation. Moreover, even many visitors from Santiago and other cities have declared that they no longer visit Sosúa for a holiday stay.

They are, they say, approached rude and aggressive by the Tourist Police. In Sosúa it is almost impossible for a woman to walk the streets safely alone. The authors of the program Detras del Rumor have called on all citizens of Sosúa to protest against this violation of basic human rights. They also call on the President Leonel Fernández of the Dominican Republic to end these offenses.
    Source: Detras del Rumor

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Re: Acts against women's arbitrary arrest

They really need to ease up with that bullshit.

Can you really imagine, a square chick, going to the store at night being approached by some asshole cop, cursed at possibly sexually assaulted, then thrown in a jail cell with hardcore putas and theives.

That's some fucked up shit. Cops with a free pass to harrass people are the worst kinds of scum bags, because they do so with the protection of a badge. best believe they take full advantage of it.

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 1,585 Posts

I always assumed these asshole cops were among the major forces that make the Sosua putas become so hardcore after a time in town. I imagine they are constantly harassed by these cops and that fact is a huge drag on them, and directly drives up their cost of doing business in many ways. Dealing with the abusive chulos, these asshole cops, and the other "mafioso" types with whom they must interact, they are compelled to be even more hardcore in their hustling with the relatively nice gringos in their world. It can't be easy to deal with the shit they go through during the day and night in that town.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to curiousdude For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,616 Times in 1,767 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    They really need to ease up with that bullshit.

Can you really imagine, a square chick, going to the store at night being approached by some asshole cop, cursed at possibly sexually assaulted, then thrown in a jail cell with hardcore putas and thieves.
    Actually I can't imagine it... a ' square chick' has lots of family and lots of friends.. it would be more trouble than the cop bargained for to arrest, say the daughter of the local doctor...

I can imagine girls from poor backgrounds or from non-local families (what are they coming to Sosua for if not to work?) without recourse being abused, because some cops really are up to no good... and that still can be a terrifying experience..

But real square girls from respectable families? I don't think so..

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to continentalmike For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

most nonpro Chica's know enough to stay away from Sosua......it's reputation precedes itself.....

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I find it hard to believe that every single woman is a hoe.

I also find it hard to believe that every single chick that has been arrested was in fact a working girl.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Mad Re: Acts against women's arbitrary arrest

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    FROM SOSUA NEWS

The website and TV program 'Detras del Rumor' acts in strong terms against arbitrary arrests of women in Sosúa. According to Detras del Rumor, women who have in no way violated any law, have been arrested and put in prison. Every night, according to the information source, dozens of women have been locked up in prison. Without exception, the women are accused of prostitution. According to Detras del Rumor the Tourist Police (Politur) violate several laws. The arrest of citizens without proof is also in the Dominican Republic prohibited. It's raining complaints during the live broadcast of TV program Detras del Rumor by women who feel treated unfair. Amnesty International has expressed serious concern about this violation of basic human rights and announced further investigation. Moreover, even many visitors from Santiago and other cities have declared that they no longer visit Sosúa for a holiday stay.

They are, they say, approached rude and aggressive by the Tourist Police. In Sosúa it is almost impossible for a woman to walk the streets safely alone. The authors of the program Detras del Rumor have called on all citizens of Sosúa to protest against this violation of basic human rights. They also call on the President Leonel Fernández of the Dominican Republic to end these offenses.
    Source: Detras del Rumor
    Exactamente!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Most of the "police" also know who's a "working girl", who's a cashier at the supermarcado, who's from a normal or decent family and who's just in town to fuck for some pesos. Most of the time it's pretty obvious to those from there or working and living there sufficient time. You'd quickly begin to recognize the players and participants.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    most nonpro Chica's know enough to stay away from Sosua......it's reputation precedes itself.....

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Mad Re: Acts against women's arbitrary arrest

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    Most of the "police" also know who's a "working girl", who's a cashier at the supermarcado, who's from a normal or decent family and who's just in town to fuck for some pesos. Most of the time it's pretty obvious to those from there or working and living there sufficient time. You'd quickly begin to recognize the players and participants.
    You are giving the Poli-Pussy vermin too much credit.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Sidney,

I respect your opinion but I suspect that you have a vested interest in your chicas and are too closely involved in this to be objective. I hope that you and yours will find a way to avoid the hassles.

You are correct in thinking the Politur to not be the honorable men we from 1st world countries generally expect out police to be. Of course I've know some police in NA and read about more that were also real scumbags, just like in any other sector of society.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Exactly... They know whos who. Its almost a body language we as Guest dont understand even if we lived there. But I would Guess some of the expats over time ALSO know whos a nice girl working at the Mercado, and whos a puta.
    And contrary to belief, you CAN meet regular non putas even at ElFlow, like teachers. They may be curious, but they not working. I've gotten turned down for a phone # at El Flow & the Dom dude sitting with her was not amused, not pissed , but not amused either.
    I gave the example in another thread, in La capital, try to sneak in a puta in a hotel which wont allow it, past the elevator guard.. He can spot a Puta a mile away, no matter how well she is dressed. Then try the same thing with someones family member or a College Girl, who is not working, he wont even bat an eye .They know exactly who is working and who it just a visiting Non Pro.
    But its still not right I agree ,and a gross human rights violation but it may take a lot more than us Gringos complaining to change it.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    kinda agree.....
    the Poli-Pussy can't know every single hooker in Sosua......
    cause they come and go everyday like wildfire.....
    and how would they know a newbie to the business.....cause they have never seen her before?
    she could have just got a real job in town as a maid......

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

kinda agree.....
    and how would they know a newbie to the business.....cause they have never seen her before?
    Why dont you make one of them a 2 mil peso bet.
    You pick out 10 chicas, he has to identify them all correctly as Putas or Non Putas.
    Do you really think you would win that bet ? I think they would take your money all day long.
    Im just saying, not arguing.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,628 Posts

kinda agree.....
    .......as a 'living loving maid':

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I believe the politur know who is a working girl and who is not (for the most part).

But that doesn't mean that the politur wasn't harassing non-working girls.

I remember at the height of the crackdown, I read a comment by a poster on DR1.com saying that the two chica cd/dvd street vendors (who work together in Sosúa) were 'coralled' by the politur, and one of them started crying.

So, when I got back to the Su, I asked them if this was so and they said it was.

It sounds like the politur were not too indiscriminate in their duties (in that case anyway).
    Last edited by DASBOOTY; 12-15-2011 at 06:42 PM. Reason: spelling

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DASBOOTY View Post
    I believe the politur know who is a working girl and who is not (for the most part).

But that doesn't mean that the politur wasn't haressing non-working girls.

I remember at the height of the crackdown, I read a comment by a poster on DR1.com saying that the two chica cd/dvd street vendors (who work together in Sosúa) were 'coralled' by the politur, and one of them started crying.

So, when I got back to the Su, I asked them if this was so and they said it was.

It sounds like the politur were not too indiscriminate in their duties (in that case anyway).

Who ever is walking with Sidney is a target for arrest.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Apos

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well that sounds more like a shakedown, than the politur not not knowing they are the girls who sell CD's to tourists. I mean seriously ,WE even know them as the CHICAS WHO SELL the CD's . . But its a valid point, its grossly unfair...and unjust..to treat them that way.
    On the beach its now illegal to Sell certain items, like those wood carvings, we saw some confiscated. Not sure the exact reasons. Competition maybe with the legit vendors? Why someone would carry a large a large wood carving around on the beach all day for a possible sale, is a whole other issue.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Well that sounds more like a shakedown, than the politur not not knowing they are the girls who sell CD's to tourists. I mean seriously ,WE even know them as the CHICAS WHO SELL the CD's . . But its a valid point, its grossly unfair...and unjust..to treat them that way.
    On the beach its now illegal to Sell certain items, like those wood carvings, we saw some confiscated. Not sure the exact reasons. Competition maybe with the legit vendors? Why someone would carry a large a large wood carving around on the beach all day for a possible sale, is a whole other issue.
    Yeah, as I recall, the chica CD vendors told me it was something relating to renewing their vendors license.
    Last edited by DASBOOTY; 12-15-2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: spelling

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 893 Posts

One of the important things to remember is that the Politur/ Policia Nacional/ DNI/ DNCD/ Ejercicito Nacional do not make policy.....They only enforce policy. They are tools of the administration, just like every other agency of the Dominican Govt. Any crackdown or organized effort comes from the top and the soldiers just carry out orders ( con mucho gusto). After time passes with complaints and protests you can expect the National or Provincial Govt. to respond with limitations/regulations/restrictions on adult establishments in certain heritage/tourist/enterprise/commercial areas in order to "help" the "problem" between working girls and the local constabulary.
    Lecciones de la vida:

Si le das la mano te cojen el brazo entero
    Mas jala tiene un pelo de toto, que una junta de bueyes
    El día que la mierda tenga algún valor, los pobres nacerán sin culo
    Si la vida te da la espalda... Tócale el culo
    Amore de lejos, amor de pendejos

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corrado For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information