Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 12/2011 - Sosua vs Pattaya

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

Re: 12/2011 - Sosua vs Pattaya

I love Dominican women and the culture. That being said, I don't think you can compare Sosua to Pattaya. I enjoyed Pattaya a hundred times more. Much more stuff to do, IMO. Better overall service in just about every area as well.

Thanks

Re: Sosua vs Pattaya

[Both places are good. But the airfare cost and the distance make Pattaya a place where you need a much longer time to make it worthwhile, at least 15 days minimum. Sosua, due to proximity from most everywhere in the US, a week can be enough time to do what you came for.

I love em both.[/QUOTE]

If I could only get away for 6 days, from NYC so 2 in the air and 4 on the ground. Would the trip to Pattaya be worth it? I have never been, but have been hearing great things for years. Due to my situation at home, I can't really get away any longer than that.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kris boog For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,334 Times in 1,113 Posts

[/QUOTE]

If I could only get away for 6 days, from NYC so 2 in the air and 4 on the ground. Would the trip to Pattaya be worth it? I have never been, but have been hearing great things for years. Due to my situation at home, I can't really get away any longer than that.[/QUOTE]

It will take your body that long just to switch to Pattaya time...BUT anytime in Pattaya is a great time..

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kitie carson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kris boog View Post

If I could only get away for 6 days, from NYC so 2 in the air and 4 on the ground. Would the trip to Pattaya be worth it? I have never been, but have been hearing great things for years. Due to my situation at home, I can't really get away any longer than that.
    I know a guy that went for 4 days because he had such a bad itch after returning from a trip there about a month earlier. Personally, it would be torture given the cost and travel time for just 3-4 days ... but it would be a hell of an experience.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hmmm. Sounds like 6 days is really too short, but I'm still very tempted because I can't foresee an opportunity to go for a longer period anytime soon.

My only other question is that I believe there are a good amount of ladyboys there. I have read on Pattaya Addicts that the most beautiful and sexy "girls" are frequently boys. When in Pattaya, how concerned are you about meeting a girl that's really a boy.

I now there are a few in Sosua, but they are easily identified and not that many in numbers. I would hate to be in Pattaya and be worrying whether every girl is actually a girl.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kris boog For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Hmmm. Sounds like 6 days is really too short, but I'm still very tempted because I can't foresee an opportunity to go for a longer period anytime soon.

My only other question is that I believe there are a good amount of ladyboys there. I have read on Pattaya Addicts that the most beautiful and sexy "girls" are frequently boys. When in Pattaya, how concerned are you about meeting a girl that's really a boy.

I now there are a few in Sosua, but they are easily identified and not that many in numbers. I would hate to be in Pattaya and be worrying whether every girl is actually a girl.
    taller. no hips. big hands. big feet. deeper voice. adam's apple (though not always), more aggressive/overly 'feminine' in their demeanor... penis is usually a dead giveaway.

i've heard that you can ask them and they're generally forthcoming and no one will be insulted as long as you ask in a polite manner

when in doubt, pass. there are 39,999 others waiting for your baht.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    taller. no hips. big hands. big feet. deeper voice. adam's apple (though not always), more aggressive/overly 'feminine' in their demeanor... penis is usually a dead giveaway.

i've heard that you can ask them and they're generally forthcoming and no one will be insulted as long as you ask in a polite manner

when in doubt, pass. there are 39,999 others waiting for your baht.
    Also if you barfine from a gogo you are pretty safe. They generally do not have ladyboys in gogos.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,427 Times in 232 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el_papi_chew_low View Post
    I love Dominican women and the culture. That being said, I don't think you can compare Sosua to Pattaya. I enjoyed Pattaya a hundred times more. Much more stuff to do, IMO. Better overall service in just about every area as well.
    Well said. I lived in the DR(Sosua) for several years(until January 2012) but now live in Pattaya. No place is perfect, and there are pluses and minuses anywhere one goes on the planet. I have mongered in every country of Europe, almost every state in the USA, Colombia, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, Philippines(lived in Cebu City), Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Thailand. I've had great times in every single place....but guess where I live now.....PATTAYA!! I am 100% free to be anywhere on the planet at any time I wish.....but Pattaya is now my home and I love it. I realize that it is "different strokes for different folks" and Asia isn't for everyone, but it sure puts a smile on MY face. El_papi_chew_low's quote above sums it up just about perfectly. You can't compare Sosua with Pattaya....it's not apples and apples, or even close to that. Is there fun to be had in both places?....of course! For me...everywhere is fun, but when all the variables and factors are weighed together, I find Asia in general and Thailand and Philippines in particular the best and most fun places to be in the world at the present time.

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Hunter, I don't know what the problem is but everytime you post your avatar shows up as the picture below, and it shows so large on my screen that I have to scroll across to see the whole picture.

Jimmy, is this possibly due to the work that Don Tomas is doing on the site, or am I the only one who is seeing this?

Attachment 37927
    I wish I had that problem... That's a nice pic! Unfortunately, I see Hunter's hunter, dude with the gun, but if I can change it to the hottie full size pic, I would do it.... lol
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onetosix View Post
    Well said. I lived in the DR(Sosua) for several years(until January 2012) but now live in Pattaya. No place is perfect, and there are pluses and minuses anywhere one goes on the planet. I have mongered in every country of Europe, almost every state in the USA, Colombia, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, Philippines(lived in Cebu City), Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Thailand. I've had great times in every single place....but guess where I live now.....PATTAYA!! I am 100% free to be anywhere on the planet at any time I wish.....but Pattaya is now my home and I love it. I realize that it is "different strokes for different folks" and Asia isn't for everyone, but it sure puts a smile on MY face. El_papi_chew_low's quote above sums it up just about perfectly. You can't compare Sosua with Pattaya....it's not apples and apples, or even close to that. Is there fun to be had in both places?....of course! For me...everywhere is fun, but when all the variables and factors are weighed together, I find Asia in general and Thailand and Philippines in particular the best and most fun places to be in the world at the present time.
    You are a slut.
    Enjoy it while you can.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

same here, I will stick to a couple of places, but will always check out a new one once and a while to see the difference.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    I wish I had that problem... That's a nice pic! Unfortunately, I see Hunter's hunter, dude with the gun, but if I can change it to the hottie full size pic, I would do it.... lol

you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    You are a slut.
    I've lived a very sheltered life.....what's a slut? Was your girl last night from Soi 7 restaurant a slut??

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onetosix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

I see you said you lived in Cebu City? As Robert seems like he is more interested in PI then LOS....

What were the pluses and minuses living in Cebu City?

I thought it was just a spread out ugly city but only spent 5 days there so dont really know it.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,258 Times in 1,076 Posts

I told you that you would love Pattaya. What sets Pattaya apart from other mongering destinations is that there is more things to do besides mongering and that is why it is pound for pound the best mongering destination I have have been to!

Quote Originally Posted by el_papi_chew_low View Post

28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Pana For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Last year I flew out of southwest Florida to Manila Dec 19th and returned home Christmas day. So in reality I arrived Dec 20th at 1130pm and did not hit Rogues bar in Makati until 2AM Dec 21st, then spent the weekend in Subic, and left for the airport Dec 25th at 3AM. I was back at work Dec 26th.

I think that from New York to Bkk and then taxi to Pattaya would be similar times. If 6 days is the only way to do it, then do it. If you can fly out on a Friday and somehow get both weekends to party, that would be best. On some of my Asia trips I have only spent a week in Thailand, and a week in Cambodia, and a week in the Phils; as part of a longer trip.

Dont worry about the ladyboys either. Good luck!

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tom48 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tom48 View Post
    If 6 days is the only way to do it, then do it. If you can fly out on a Friday and somehow get both weekends to party, that would be best.
    i have done many 8 day to 14 day trips and find the 10 day ones the best and like you say any trip no matter how short is worth the effort

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    I have no time off scheduled in May. I am booked for the DR in March and September and possibly in July, but the July airfares are scary right now. ($995 on AA; SF-POP, WTF??) I might give Jamaica another go instead as it is a lot cheaper to fly there with slightly better connections. I do plan on going back to Pattaya in December for 3 weeks.

As I understand it, (someone correct me if I am wrong) if you are 50 years old or more, you are eligible for a retirement visa in Thailand providing you can prove the necessary income required. Having one of those allows you to stay in country without having to make a visa run to Cambo, the PI, or some other country. You just need to report every 90 days to the immigration office with your proper documentation and that should be it.
    According to the latest edition of The Sovereign Society's The Passport Book ... no. Or, at any rate, not easily.

Thailand restricts immigration to only 100 permanent residents per year, for each country of origin. There may be some 'special treatment' for retirement-age applicants, but the surest thing is to invest 10 million baht in the Thai economy for at least three years. (And again, refer back to that 100-farangs-per-year-per-country restriction.)

Now, Malaysia, OTOH, has a program to attract foreign residents, 'Malaysia My Second Home.' And they ranked #3 on this year's International Living Retirement Index ... after Ecuador and Panama, and above Mexico ... just sayin'. And I haven't heard anything here about mongering in Malaysia (haven't looked for it!) but Penang and Kuala Lumpur are just south of the Land Of Smiles.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pana View Post
    I told you that you would love Pattaya. What sets Pattaya apart from other mongering destinations is that there is more things to do besides mongering and that is why it is pound for pound the best mongering destination I have have been to!
    Click to see pic

Agree with your analysis.....but it's still different strokes for different folks....there are some that don't really "dig" Pattaya....but for me, everywhere is GOOD!! There is fun to be had everywhere. In the end though one has to kind of have some sort of home base from which to travel. For myself, when one puts ALL of the various considerations of a place to live into "the hopper", Asia in general and Thailand/Philippines in particular float MY boat the highest. Later this year I'll be in Kenya, England, DR, Colombia, Ecuador, USA and then right back to Thailand(Pattaya/Bangkok/Chiang Mai)/Philippines.
    Life is GOOD!!!

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onetosix For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I see you said you lived in Cebu City? As Robert seems like he is more interested in PI then LOS....

What were the pluses and minuses living in Cebu City?

I thought it was just a spread out ugly city but only spent 5 days there so dont really know it.
    I really enjoyed living in Cebu City for a number of reasons, but primarily I guess it comes down to the great sweet very inexpensive pussy that's available there once one learns how to go about finding/accessing it. I don't see Cebu as a good place to visit for a short stay on a vacation trip. As you mentioned, it is kind of spread out and if you just come into town it takes a bit of learning where to go to find things. It isn't concentrated pussy like AC or Pattaya. Getting around in the city is confusing for a while in my opinion.....but once one learns "the ropes" there, there is more than initially meets the eye. I loved living in the downtown old city with all the hubbub and old Philippine buildings and streets. Up on the hill away from downtown is the beautiful Taoist Temple and gardens...a great place to go and be peaceful for a while. The old Fort San Pedro/park by the waterfront is very interesting, the big outdoor produce markets, Magellan's Cross, the beautiful Ayala Mall and SM Mall(loaded with fine Pinay pussy). There are many massage venues in Cebu which I like and found many girls willing to visit my residence after/before work. Some bars, clubs, discos etc are available too if that's one's thing. There are a number of casa type places in Cebu and on Mactan Island, but one will never find them without assistance. They are hidden away so to speak and don't have names.

The centralized location of Cebu City within the Philippine Islands is good too. Easy to travel to many of the other islands from there by both plane and boat....Bohol, Negros, Mindanao, etc. The cost of living is about the same as Pattaya overall.

For me the downside of PI is that the infrastructure is not as good as in Thailand. Things are more convenient in Thailand and the general quality of things is better as well as cleaner.....but I still love the PI and will be returning from time to time as I like how sweet the women are and laid back and friendly the people in general are. A beautiful country!! For a mongering trip to PI with somewhat limited time, the infamous Angeles City is the simplest and easiest place to enjoy Pinay pussy. Maybe Makati area in Manila could be considered too. Some guys like going to Subic Bay and Olongapo too I guess, but nothing matches AC for concentrated Pinay pussy.

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to onetosix For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information