Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New DR immigration laws

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Re: New DR immigration laws

So wait, we may have to SHOW ID, like a passport to Ride on a freaking BUS to like Santiago in the future ? Even though thats not a real problem for visitors like me, thats just Crazy.. I go to the DR to feel "free" again not to have my documents checked like Im back in Communist Europe or fucking Nazi Germany.. Fuck them, if they do this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Thumbs Down Re: New DR immigration laws

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Looks like the authorities may be getting serious. Guess we should starting checking documents before giving rides or picking up hitch-hikers.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/loc...oss-of-vehicle
    Will this prevent Robert123456, from receiving any more 300 pesos bbbj's? What a bummer!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,650 Times in 2,270 Posts

Re: New DR immigration laws

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    So wait, we may have to SHOW ID, like a passport to Ride on a freaking BUS to like Santiago in the future ? Even though thats not a real problem for visitors like me, thats just Crazy.. I go to the DR to feel "free" again not to have my documents checked like Im back in Communist Europe or fucking Nazi Germany.. Fuck them, if they do this.
    Did you forget how lazy Dominican police officers are? Like Weyland said, this is going to be targeted at Haitians. This gives PN the legal rationale to pull over a car full of Haitians and ask them for documents. Trust me, if it's a car full of white Americans, no one is going to give a shit. A car full of African Americans might get pulled over, but they'll be let go as soon as they tell the PN that they're tourists.

And yes this is incredibly racist and an injustice. I disagree with profiling in the US and in the DR. Just like a lot of the construction and McMansion growth in the US was on the back of Mexican laborers, the construction and even infrastructure growth in the DR was on the back of Haitians. I can't remember the last time I saw a Dominican actually doing real construction work in Santiago.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information