Thread: Playa Dorado - Movie Theater

Thanks

Playa Dorado - Movie Theater

Probably not for the guy down here for just a few days trying to get as many women under the belt as possible, but for those whole live down here or spend a few weeks at a time here going to the movies can be a nice change of pace and something the girls seam to like a lot.

The Movie theater is in Playa Dorado in the little mall where Pizza Hut, Hemingway's & other little stores are located. It is on the 2nd floor and is nicer then I had originally expected. At 100 pesos a piece it is a good deal.

Recently I have seen Hitch, Be Cool, Star Wars III(released same day as in the states), Miss Congeniality 2, The Boogeyman, Constantine, etc. Movies are in English with Spanish subtitles so both you and your Novia can understand.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts
    Only 100 pesos to see a movie and snacks are cheap as well.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks

Re: Playa Dorado - Movie Theater

Quote Originally Posted by TheLostGringo
    Probably not for the guy down here for just a few days trying to get as many women under the belt as possible, but for those whole live down here or spend a few weeks at a time here going to the movies can be a nice change of pace and something the girls seam to like a lot.

The Movie theater is in Playa Dorado in the little mall where Pizza Hut, Hemingway's & other little stores are located. It is on the 2nd floor and is nicer then I had originally expected. At 100 pesos a piece it is a good deal.

Recently I have seen Hitch, Be Cool, Star Wars III(released same day as in the states), Miss Congeniality 2, The Boogeyman, Constantine, etc. Movies are in English with Spanish subtitles so both you and your Novia can understand.
    Thanks! I knew of the theatre at Playa Dorada, but I had never read anything about it. I usually head to the Megacentro or The Palacio (Ave. Venezuela) theatres in the evenings w/ a couple of chicas, when I'm in Santo Domingo, but my next DR visit will probably be up North.

BTW: Is this a tourist movie theatre or a Dominican movie theatre. In Santo Domingo, you won't see tourists. Also, some of these girls are illiterate, so Spanish subtitles aren't going to help (I'm surprised that Miss Congeniality 2 was not dubbed in Spanish, many comedies are, and I saw Star Wars III in Spanish when I was in SD in May.)

Thanks,
    Helpmann :grin:

http://www.cine.com.do/

Thanks
    It is a Mix of Tourists and Dominicans at the Theater, I would say an equal amount of both which is kind of nice.

As for some of the girls being Illiterate I don't think it matters much. They just like going and probably have seen many movies on tv in english they have not understood, but still enjoy.

Thanks

I Politely Disagree...

As for some of the girls being Illiterate I don't think it matters much. They just like going and probably have seen many movies on tv in english they have not understood, but still enjoy.
    I've been to the movies in Santo Domingo about 12 times in the last 8 months and I think it does matter. For students, it's not a big deal, whether the movie is dubbed or not, but putas can looked lost (w/ the exception of slapstick comedies) and somewhat frustrated if they can't read what's on the screen.

A lot of the cable movie stations that are broadcast in the DR, have been dubbed. And I have yet to see a chica stop on a channel that was in English.

My RD$.02
    Helpmann :vconfused:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,303 Posts
    I like the change of pace activites. Movies are one of my favorites, especially if your with novia for the night and don't want to see the inside of a club
    Chicas....."Don't walk around like yo shit don't stink cause I'm DEPUTY DAWG I'll put yo booty in the KLINK!!!!!!"

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    If I am in DR for less than 2 weeks, I can pass on movies. They are out for usually a month in the NY area.

Thanks
    I like the movie ideal cause sometimes I want the GFE treatment besides if it's a scary or romantic movie it can get a lil' freaky at times....

Thanks

Be Creative...

Quote Originally Posted by DEPUTY DAWG
    I like the movie ideal cause sometimes I want the GFE treatment besides if it's a scary or romantic movie it can get a lil' freaky at times....
    Keep it fun, Keep it cheap!!!

Once it becomes boring or routine switch it up.

You have to be the party!
    Helpmann

Thanks
    Damn I didn't think about it that way your right!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Jimmy I think your not telling the truth. If your here for only 4-5 days and me and MAV want to go, you may very well tag along. Back in town by midnight, still plenty of time to get yourself in trouble.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Jimmy I think your not telling the truth. If your here for only 4-5 days and me and MAV want to go, you may very well tag along. Back in town by midnight, still plenty of time to get yourself in trouble.
    Come on, you know I am in on everything you guys do, even linen shopping. (My idea).

Thread Information