The judges of the Criminal branch of the Appeal Court in the National District ordered baseball player Willy Aybar be released from custody, after posting bail of five million pesos. Aybar had served two of a three-month remand sentence, accused of assaulting his wife, domestic violence and assaulting two deputy prosecutors Aracely Peralta and Adolfo Felix.

Magistrates Manuel Hernandez Victoria, Francisco Ortega Polanco and Antonio Sanchez Mejia, also stated that the player must appear in court on the 30th of each month, and imposed an order to stay away from his wife, Brunilda Garcia.

Aybar was arrested on 5 November when the assistant prosecutor for women's affairs, Roxanna Reyes received a call from the player's neighbors, who said that he had destroyed the entrance to the building and that they had heard screaming and objects being broken.

When they arrived at the building they were able to confirm the neighbors' report as well as seeing bloodstains on the floor and the walls of the building from the first to the sixth floor.

As he was leaving the court, Aybar said "I feel very happy, I apologize to the prosecutors and the Dominican people, now I can continue my work, be with my family, because I have learned a lot from my mistakes".

More...