Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Terra Linda or Residence D'Piero?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Re: Terra Linda or Residence D'Piero?

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post
    do the monger rooms have balcony's? wifi in the rooms?
    Some have balcony's. No wifi in room.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nnjdave View Post
    I'm with you T, I always lock my stuff. I travel with a Pelican case and cable, so I can padlock it all up. Just don't trust room safes, search YouTube and you too can break into the room safes.

The other thing I didn't add to my review, because it wasn't really presented as an option, is my long-standing advice... DO NOT STAY AT SOSUA BAY!!!! There are way too many stairs for a drunk monger or a drunk puta on heels to navigate. I've had 2 questionable experiences there. One was when the idiot lobby guards tried to stop me and Robert##### when we were half carrying TNT to his room ( he was, um, slightly inebriated that one time), and on another occasion the lobby desk clerk went out of his way to be disrespectful of my companion, the always lovely and well-mannered Paola. He even made sure to read her name aloud for me to hear. I try to always be respectful of the person I'm with, and it pisses me off when someone else isn't. I promised him I'd pass along this review, I was remiss not to earlier.

nnjdave

. . . . What is a pelican case? . . . .

Yeah, the Sosua Bay was never thought, its not what I'm looking for on this trip for lodging. Besides that, I had a buddy stay there when we visited ther last July, I was at my usual place, the Casa Cayena. . . Another buddy of mine and myself went to visit him at his place and man, we couldn't even leave the lobby area. We had to wait as they called him down. But like, crap, we got stopped just rying to look out the veranda just past the lobby . .. A second time, I came back with my bud who ws staying there to go up to his room to check out some of his photos and they wouldn't let me go up with, again, I had to wait at the lobby . . . F" that crap, not gonna give them my money. . and like you all say, the stairs, uh, no thank ya . . .

I've never had a problem having my buddies come up to my room or hang out at the pool/bar area at the Casa Cayena or Sousa By the Sea . . . If I wasn't looking to stay at a condo/apt style of lodging on this upcoming trip at the end of March, I'd be staying at the Casa Cayena . . .

Naw man, I'm not into the drama b.s., my vacation is for chilling on the beach or on the playa, drinking, getting (pu) "nani", some bailar, and hopefully comida buena Dominicana . . no time on my agenda for drama n e where . . . shoot, only have a week this next trip n e way

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fulltanman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,365 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fulltanman View Post
    nnjdave

Yeah, the Sosua Bay was never thought, its not what I'm looking for on this trip for lodging. Besides that, I had a buddy stay there when we visited ther last July, I was at my usual place, the Casa Cayena. . . Another buddy of mine and myself went to visit him at his place and man, we couldn't even leave the lobby area. We had to wait as they called him down. But like, crap, we got stopped just rying to look out the veranda just past the lobby . .. A second time, I came back with my bud who ws staying there to go up to his room to check out some of his photos and they wouldn't let me go up with, again, I had to wait at the lobby . . . F" that crap, not gonna give them my money. . and like you all say, the stairs, uh, no thank ya . . .

I've never had a problem having my buddies come up to my room or hang out at the pool/bar area at the Casa Cayena or Sousa By the Sea . . . If I wasn't looking to stay at a condo/apt style of lodging on this upcoming trip at the end of March, I'd be staying at the Casa Cayena . . .

Naw man, I'm not into the drama b.s., my vacation is for chilling on the beach or on the playa, drinking, getting (pu) "nani", some bailar, and hopefully comida buena Dominicana . . no time on my agenda for drama n e where . . . shoot, only have a week this next trip n e way
    how do u like casa cayena?
    "Square players get played, pimps get paid, macks persuade"

"Trust me…never buy a depreciating asset. If it drives, flies, floats or f*cks - lease it!"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Chief . . .

That's my spot. . . I dig it . . .

As I have mentioned a few times on this thread that I started. .. If I wasn't using this trip to look for condo/apt property, I'd being staying there . . .

When I stay on islands, my #1 priority is usually budget beach front, I love to stay on the beach . . .

The Casa Cayena has almost all my wants. . . Great price, $50 per/nt including breakfast, good restaurant, small complex, maybe 50 rooms, safe, security, staff is cool, I've been there 3 times within the last 10 months, they all remembered me, they take care of my needs . . . They got a nice little pool, when I hang out there, (by the way try to get 1st floor with patio, its opens up onto your patio & then pool) I bring out my Bose speakers & I-pod, play my music, drink some beers . . . with friends, chicas, or alone . . . Guest friendly . . . And most importantly, no more than a 100 yards from Playa Alicia, which I love, its a great change of pace. I dig hanging out there, no hassle from vendors, there are none, yet you can get drinks & food. I like going there with a chica for a couple hours, then walking back up for a shower & fun . . . My last trip last July, 2011, had a great time . . . Again small complex, not too many mongers there, you might see 2 or 3 guys with a chica at breakfast, sometimes a chica or two might drop by & hang out for a second . . So its chill, guys who bring back chicas seem to be chill as well . . . Great spot, down low, & you can enjoy chicas, friends, n party some . .

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fulltanman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Chief . . .

That's my spot. . . I dig it . . .

As I have mentioned a few times on this thread that I started. .. If I wasn't using this trip to look for condo/apt property, I'd being staying there . . .

When I stay on islands, my #1 priority is usually budget beach front, I love to stay on the beach . . .

The Casa Cayena has almost all my wants. . . Great price, $50 per/nt including breakfast, good restaurant, small complex, maybe 50 rooms, safe, security, staff is cool, I've been there 3 times within the last 10 months, they all remembered me, they take care of my needs . . . They got a nice little pool, when I hang out there, (by the way try to get 1st floor with patio, its opens up onto your patio & then pool) I bring out my Bose speakers & I-pod, play my music, drink some beers . . . with friends, chicas, or alone . . . Guest friendly . . . And most importantly, no more than a 100 yards from Playa Alicia, which I love, its a great change of pace. I dig hanging out there, no hassle from vendors, there are none, yet you can get drinks & food. I like going there with a chica for a couple hours, then walking back up for a shower & fun . . . My last trip last July, 2011, had a great time . . . Again small complex, not too many mongers there, you might see 2 or 3 guys with a chica at breakfast, sometimes a chica or two might drop by & hang out for a second . . So its chill, guys who bring back chicas seem to be chill as well . . . Great spot, down low, & you can enjoy chicas, friends, n party some . .
    no hot water issues? do they allow more than 1 chica at a time?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Hey Fulltan man,
    Were you the one having "relations", playing the loud music, and bringing in "shady women " who were "loitering" ?

This hotel review from a "teresa and her BF" on tripadvisor.com cracked me the fuck up..
    enjoy..

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Republic.html

" My boyfriend and I stayed here while in Sosua. The room was nice, and we had a door leading straight to the pool area. However, we did not get any rest. They blared the music until the wee hours of the morning. Then after they shut off the music, the neighbors were having loud "relations" and I couldn't get any sleep. Not to mention a few shady characters loitering around the hotel, both men and women. My bf and I are in our early 30's, and enjoy partying sometimes, but we were not comfortable at this place at all.

This is additional info related to Sosua, but not the hotel:

You can't walk down the street without being harrassed. Being approached by vendors is much expected in the DR, but in Sosua we could barely walk 10 feet without another vendor trying to stop us. It was ridiculous. I've been to Sosua many times but its been 15 years since my last visit and IT HAS CHANGED immensely!! We planned to stay for 2-3 nights, but we checked out in the morning and went elsewhere to a different coast. I'll be back to the D.R.- but never to Sosua. Sad- because it used to be one of my favorites. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're a single man looking to "meet someone".

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

no hot water issues? do they allow more than 1 chica at a time?

No hot water issues for my 3 stays . . . Don't know about more than 1 chica . .

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fulltanman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Hey Fulltan man,
    Were you the one having "relations", playing the loud music, and bringing in "shady women " who were "loitering" ?

This hotel review from a "teresa and her BF" on tripadvisor.com cracked me the fuck up..
    enjoy..

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Republic.html

" My boyfriend and I stayed here while in Sosua. The room was nice, and we had a door leading straight to the pool area. However, we did not get any rest. They blared the music until the wee hours of the morning. Then after they shut off the music, the neighbors were having loud "relations" and I couldn't get any sleep. Not to mention a few shady characters loitering around the hotel, both men and women. My bf and I are in our early 30's, and enjoy partying sometimes, but we were not comfortable at this place at all.

This is additional info related to Sosua, but not the hotel:

You can't walk down the street without being harrassed. Being approached by vendors is much expected in the DR, but in Sosua we could barely walk 10 feet without another vendor trying to stop us. It was ridiculous. I've been to Sosua many times but its been 15 years since my last visit and IT HAS CHANGED immensely!! We planned to stay for 2-3 nights, but we checked out in the morning and went elsewhere to a different coast. I'll be back to the D.R.- but never to Sosua. Sad- because it used to be one of my favorites. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're a single man looking to "meet someone".

. . . Lol . .. unfortunately that was not me . . . I saw that review too . . . naw man, I only play my music during the day, or when I'm getting dressed to go out, or when I bring back a quiet chica . . .

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fulltanman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,553 Times in 1,889 Posts

ONE OF THE GREATEST INVENTIONS ON THE FUCKING PLANET THAT'S WHAT. lol

Use these when I travel with my camera gear. AMAZING products with best warranty in business.

http://www.pelican-case.com/hardback-laptop-cases.html
    "The Royal Penis is Clean Your Majesty"

"No cushion for the pushin, no peso for the queso"

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princepointe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 292 Posts

I travel with this one:

http://pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1510LOC

It is big enough to lock up ALL my gear.

Also do recommend DonQuixote and his place. Stayed there once in 2008, very laid back.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nnjdave For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No hot water issues for my 3 stays . . . Don't know about more than 1 chica . .
    how do the bungalows look? are they worth the money?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

nnjdave . . .. princepointe . .. Mucho Thanks dudes . . .

I've seen those before, but never asked about them . . . Excellent, I'll invest in one before March . . .

Naturally, it's wise to be safe. . . but I always look for that little gem of a place to lodge on vacations where you feel safe enough in your surroundings that you can leave a camera, i-pod, speakers, phone, lap top, things like that at least hidden away in a drawer, cabinet, closet, bags. . . and not have to worry too much . . I mean I've done enough traveling to know you don't leave your shit out in the open . . . But like I say, if I can find that little gem on the beach, near where I wanna be, I know the owner or manager, the staff is always the same, ywe all know each other. . . you know?. . Now we're happening

Chief . . I think their worth the $50 nt/breakfast . . . . I've stayed on the beach in bungalows on Phuket (90's), Samui, Pha nang, Phi Phi, Ko Chang (Thai), Bali, for $60 or less, 2 star level accom . . . . The Casa is not beach front, but close enough for me, I mean about 100 yards from Playa Alicia, a gorgeous little beach too. For me that's the draw . . . .

It's definitely a 2* hotel, good restaurant, another plus, decent size rooms, I've stayed on the first floor, #105, patio, leads out to the pool, nice. I've stayed on the second floor in I believe 205 or 07, at the end of the open air hallway facing the street, real cool too, there's usually no one next to me. I'm down at the end, last room, makes it perfect for doing my thing. Rooms are dark though, but not a major for thing for me. . .

The only major negative, and to some its a biggie, is that they keep the safes in the office behind the front desk. And you only have access to your money from 6am to 11pm, But I'll tell you, I like it cuz its keeps me from be foolish when I'm drinking late at night, & spending beyond my budgeted stipend . . .

All in all, based on location, small complex, friendly staff, good restaurant, nice little pool, $50 is about right . . . If they weren't that close to the beach though, I'd pay no more that $40 nt . . . Anyway, that's my just my take

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fulltanman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nnjdave View Post
    I'm with you T, I always lock my stuff. I travel with a Pelican case and cable, so I can padlock it all up. Just don't trust room safes, search YouTube and you too can break into the room safes.

The other thing I didn't add to my review, because it wasn't really presented as an option, is my long-standing advice... DO NOT STAY AT SOSUA BAY!!!! There are way too many stairs for a drunk monger or a drunk puta on heels to navigate. I've had 2 questionable experiences there. One was when the idiot lobby guards tried to stop me and Robert##### when we were half carrying TNT to his room ( he was, um, slightly inebriated that one time), and on another occasion the lobby desk clerk went out of his way to be disrespectful of my companion, the always lovely and well-mannered Paola. He even made sure to read her name aloud for me to hear. I try to always be respectful of the person I'm with, and it pisses me off when someone else isn't. I promised him I'd pass along this review, I was remiss not to earlier.
    Yeah....we'll go with that. "slightly inebriated". and yeah...."that one time".

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

nnjdave . . .. princepointe . .. Mucho Thanks dudes . . .

I've seen those before, but never asked about them . . . Excellent, I'll invest in one before March . . .

Naturally, it's wise to be safe. . . but I always look for that little gem of a place to lodge on vacations where you feel safe enough in your surroundings that you can leave a camera, i-pod, speakers, phone, lap top, things like that at least hidden away in a drawer, cabinet, closet, bags. . . and not have to worry too much . . I mean I've done enough traveling to know you don't leave your shit out in the open . . . But like I say, if I can find that little gem on the beach, near where I wanna be, I know the owner or manager, the staff is always the same, ywe all know each other. . . you know?. . Now we're happening

Chief . . I think their worth the $50 nt/breakfast . . . . I've stayed on the beach in bungalows on Phuket (90's), Samui, Pha nang, Phi Phi, Ko Chang (Thai), Bali, for $60 or less, 2 star level accom . . . . The Casa is not beach front, but close enough for me, I mean about 100 yards from Playa Alicia, a gorgeous little beach too. For me that's the draw . . . .

It's definitely a 2* hotel, good restaurant, another plus, decent size rooms, I've stayed on the first floor, #105, patio, leads out to the pool, nice. I've stayed on the second floor in I believe 205 or 07, at the end of the open air hallway facing the street, real cool too, there's usually no one next to me. I'm down at the end, last room, makes it perfect for doing my thing. Rooms are dark though, but not a major for thing for me. . .

The only major negative, and to some its a biggie, is that they keep the safes in the office behind the front desk. And you only have access to your money from 6am to 11pm, But I'll tell you, I like it cuz its keeps me from be foolish when I'm drinking late at night, & spending beyond my budgeted stipend . . .

All in all, based on location, small complex, friendly staff, good restaurant, nice little pool, $50 is about right . . . If they weren't that close to the beach though, I'd pay no more that $40 nt . . . Anyway, that's my just my take
    casa cayenna has 2 bugalows near the pool, have you seen them?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

casa cayenna has 2 bugalows near the pool, have you seen them?
    >>> Chief, naaw. . . Everytime I've stayed there, they were occupied, they have a cool little patio area, greeny, I think they're like $70 nt, not sure . .

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Fulltanman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

>>> Chief, naaw. . . Everytime I've stayed there, they were occupied, they have a cool little patio area, greeny, I think they're like $70 nt, not sure . .
    they are $70 bux but $65 if i paid cash and took both of them. i was wondering are they that much nicer than the rooms...Alina suppose to send me some pix tomoro..

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    Yeah....we'll go with that. "slightly inebriated". and yeah...."that one time".
    shall we say "slightly normal?"

.....oh, we could run with that one on so many levels.
    Vida es buena....

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 233 Posts

are there a lot of stairs even if you are coming from the entrance hear the beach? my boys are debating on staying there..
    I do not recommend this place, they are very unfriendly to mongers, and treat you like shit. You are not their guest, you are their pest, STAY AWAY

36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tonymd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,303 Times in 1,242 Posts

I have stayed at the Terra Linda on 3 different occasions, my biggest gripe with them is security. For such a nice hotel, I am very surprised that the front desk or security does not call your room to make sure that everything is ok before a chica walks out. Even little budget SeaBreeze hotel makes sure they get the thumbs up before they give a chica her ID back and let her leave.

I have to admit, I do enjoy having coffee and watching the chica parade leave the hotel in the morning. I got a couple of numbers that way

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to No Worries For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks fellas . . .

For all your advice, wisdom, knowledge, & expertise on my question of the Terra Linda & D'Piero's. . . . . based on your years of research and hard disciplined work, year in, year out, day & night, constantly adding on more and more research . . . .

I've made my decision on lodging for my next visit to Sosua in late March/early April, I'm going to continue my own research while I stay at D'Piero's . . . . Reservation's all set, flight set. . . Just 10 weeks to go . .

See you on the sand, with a frio in one hand, and a dulce chica on the other . .

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fulltanman For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information