Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plaza Mumbo Reopens

Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 279 Posts

Plaza Mumbo Reopens

The grand opening of the Plaza Mumbo was on June 11th and the place was packed with local gringos and Dominicans. It was hard to get to a table with the shoulder to shoulder crowd.
    The old carwash Plaza Mumbo has been covered in with a cane roof. The inside area must be close to 30,000 sq. feet. They have 20 or 25 slot machines in one area alone with a pizza restaurant. The bar area is "L" shaped with about 50 feet each arm with a raised dance area above and 3 poles.
    They had a live band and between sets the 12 dances went up above the bar and preformed their strip show 3 dancers at a time. They had maybe 40 waitresses, 12 dancers, 10 waiters and as many security men plus 6 or 8 bartenders.
    The prices are set very high, (small beer at 90 pesos plus 26% tax) and I'm not sure the locals and Dominicans will support those prices and there aren’t enough tourists around at this time of year. Salida for chicas there is 1500 pesos so I'm told.
    Went back last night to see how busy it was. They had a good crowd and with a 12 piece band and the 12 dancers it was entertaining. They didn't have the waitress but they did have 8 to 10 chicas sitting along a rail looking like they were available. I was with a girlfriend so I didn't check them out. It looks to me like it will be a place for us locals to take a chica when you want to dance and have some entertainment.
    I know I'll take my guests at the "Field of Dreams Inn" over there to start the night out on the town. But the new Ana Mirian’s bar (old Luz Maria’s) is where we’ll end up at to catch their show; it’s been great but a late starter at 1am. They also have a nice fresh selection (from 10 to 16) of new chicas there with more reasonable drink and salida prices.
    DominicanBilly

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 26,907 Times in 6,119 Posts
    thanks Billy, I need to check this place. I love discovering new spots. this needs to be added to the list.

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts
    Where is this place located?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevyboy
    Yes where is it, we might check it out in 14 days.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,303 Posts

Re: Plaza Mumbo Reopens

Quote Originally Posted by DominicanBilly
    The grand opening of the Plaza Mumbo was on June 11th and the place was packed with local gringos and Dominicans. It was hard to get to a table with the shoulder to shoulder crowd.
    The old carwash Plaza Mumbo has been covered in with a cane roof. The inside area must be close to 30,000 sq. feet. They have 20 or 25 slot machines in one area alone with a pizza restaurant. The bar area is "L" shaped with about 50 feet each arm with a raised dance area above and 3 poles.
    They had a live band and between sets the 12 dances went up above the bar and preformed their strip show 3 dancers at a time. They had maybe 40 waitresses, 12 dancers, 10 waiters and as many security men plus 6 or 8 bartenders.
    The prices are set very high, (small beer at 90 pesos plus 26% tax) and I'm not sure the locals and Dominicans will support those prices and there aren’t enough tourists around at this time of year. Salida for chicas there is 1500 pesos so I'm told.
    Went back last night to see how busy it was. They had a good crowd and with a 12 piece band and the 12 dancers it was entertaining. They didn't have the waitress but they did have 8 to 10 chicas sitting along a rail looking like they were available. I was with a girlfriend so I didn't check them out. It looks to me like it will be a place for us locals to take a chica when you want to dance and have some entertainment.
    I know I'll take my guests at the "Field of Dreams Inn" over there to start the night out on the town. But the new Ana Mirian’s bar (old Luz Maria’s) is where we’ll end up at to catch their show; it’s been great but a late starter at 1am. They also have a nice fresh selection (from 10 to 16) of new chicas there with more reasonable drink and salida prices.
    DominicanBilly

Good info on the whole picture I don't think must of us will support those kinda prices for the place either but I will check it out anyway and I definitely will check out Ana Mirian's bar and it's show You can be our tour guide and masters of ceremony to the chicas!!!!!!!! just kidding on the m.c. part
    Chicas....."Don't walk around like yo shit don't stink cause I'm DEPUTY DAWG I'll put yo booty in the KLINK!!!!!!"

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Plaza Mumbo Location.

It's marked on my web site [http://fieldofdreams.20m.com] look on the maps page for it's location.
    DominicanBilly

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts
    Isn't this the place you were talking about close to the entrance of Costambar? Doesn't sound promising at all. But we need more info on ANA MIRIAN'S BAR!!! This sounds like more our speed.......

Thanks
    Yeah, that's the old Hollywood place. The guy on the other thread got his directions worng. It is a big place, but changes every year or 2.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    We go, we look and we tell them the prices are too high and we leave. After the owners hear this a few 100 times, maybe then they get the idea.

Thanks
    Definately chek it out, I did alright there last year, It was alack of talent that did the place in IMHO. The chica I had was at crystals in a few days asking for a lot more pesos.

Thanks
    Definately chek it out, I did alright there last year, It was alack of talent that did the place in IMHO. The chica I had was at crystals in a few days asking for a lot more pesos.
    We can handle the chicas and their silly prices but what about that 1500 salida Billy was taking about?

Thanks
    Never was like that when it was hollywood. 1500 got me the chica and one of those smell rooms for 2 hours. Didn't really ask about the salida. Under new management, we will see.

Thanks
    Just to clarify places and locations. Plaza Manbo is a new cluc that opened on Jun 11th. It is located just before you enter the gates into Costamber (150m on left). Casa Nightclub Ana Mirian is located in downtown POP. It is three blocks from Central Park and Banco Popular. From Banco Popular walk one block south, turn right, go two blocks and turn left. Can't miss it. If you want more info e-mail me at bachagalupe5422@yahoo.com

Thanks
    so what about the 1500 salida?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    We want low Salidas!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bachag
    Just to clarify places and locations. Plaza Manbo is a new cluc that opened on Jun 11th. It is located just before you enter the gates into Costamber (150m on left). Casa Nightclub Ana Mirian is located in downtown POP. It is three blocks from Central Park and Banco Popular. From Banco Popular walk one block south, turn right, go two blocks and turn left. Can't miss it. If you want more info e-mail me at bachagalupe5422@yahoo.com
    what is the current salida at Ana Mirian?

Thanks

Ana Mirian Salida

If you go in alone or a taxi driver takes you into Ana Mirian's you'll have to pay 1000 pesos because the owner has to give the taxi driver a 500 peso commission. If you go in by yourself you may be able to get by with only a 500 peso salida. When I take any of my hotel customers there he only charges a 500 peso salida.
    As of yet I haven't heard of anyone taking a chica out of the Plaza Mumbo so I can't confirm what they are charging as a salida. I didn't see any chica there that I even consider paying 1000 peso salida. Most of the chicas I saw there where ones that were not making any money at Cristals or other bars around town. Not many new faces.

Thanks
    sounds like ana's it is. Thanks for the info billy

Thanks
    She was there and then switched to Crystals???
    What was she charging when she was at the new place?
    Can we get the numbers and grab after or next day???

Thanks
    No, EK my story was from over a year ago (Feb 2004). The management has changed and I don't know what is the deal now. I paid 1500 and got over a hour with the chica ib a back room. I never asked what she wanted when I saw her at cystals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information