Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: organizing large groups for mongering travel

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

organizing large groups for mongering travel

On the past trip one of my wingmen expressed a desire to come down for a bachelor party. There is rumors of 30 people, but i am guessing half those people are going to pussy out or find an excuse not to go.

I looked around is there a thread for advice for organizing events like this if not can we begin one? I have a hard enough time tounding ip people for small trips, a larger one like this, i could use any advice available.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Re: organizing large groups for mongering travel

I dont have any advice, but I have seen some guys on here past and present that do this very well. Especially if anyone from the group has contacts in country.

One guy from the past brought a minibus of girls from out of town for a party.

Here is his report. You cant tell a grown man what to do, but it is a good idea to have a group talk a few days before you go so that everyone is on the same sheet of music. As best as possible.

Read this. You may get some nuggets of information. If you want, I will also show you the "drama thread" that their trip sparked. It's good ISOC reading.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...Myth&highlight=

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SrSuerte View Post
    I dont have any advice, but I have seen some guys on here past and present that do this very well. Especially if anyone from the group has contacts in country.

One guy from the past brought a minibus of girls from out of town for a party.

Here is his report. You cant tell a grown man what to do, but it is a good idea to have a group talk a few days before you go so that everyone is on the same sheet of music. As best as possible.

Read this. You may get some nuggets of information. If you want, I will also show you the "drama thread" that their trip sparked. It's good ISOC reading.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...Myth&highlight=
    Id figure id work on getting a faq together for people wjo have nevrr traveled here of what to expect, pay for etc etc

Then a deposit

I am trying to figure out if there are group discounts for air fare

I figure the success is making this as easy as possible for them

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

True. All of those personalities, wants, desires, and expectations.....

Good luck on putting this together.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

True. All of those personalities, wants, desires, and expectations.....

Good luck on putting this together.
    If i can organize these knuckleheads i should recieve an pulitzer we have a ny crew and mia crew and a couple of other randoms.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

The most I will do these days is give them the names of airlines that fly to POP, Hotel names, Car Rental agencies, etc. Outside of that, they can do and figure the rest of it out the same way I did.

Once you become known as a "Trip Organizer" some idiots seem to feel all they have to do is tell you they are interested in taking a trip and expect you to automatically jump into Travel agent mode.

I would give them info, but don't do any of the actual work for them.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    The most I will do these days is give them the names of airlines that fly to POP, Hotel names, Car Rental agencies, etc. Outside of that, they can do and figure the rest of it out the same way I did.

Once you become known as a "Trip Organizer" some idiots seem to feel all they have to do is tell you they are interested in taking a trip and expect you to automatically jump into Travel agent mode.

I would give them info, but don't do any of the actual work for them.

I would agree with you if this was just going to DR, but some organization seems to be needed because this is for a particular event, right?

- Just me, but I think they will get a lot when and/if they can put their money together.

- Being in the same hotel or general area if possible is good. If you can find a place that will do for your group the same as what was done for the guys in the thread I posted. It brings problems but it also cuts out some too. Strength in numbers.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

SrSuerte, I agree with you wholeheartedly as I am aware of the benefits. BUT, I would not want to be the person who has to be responsible for handling everything. Been there done that. Trying to keep everything together in the midst of changes to the dates (which always happens); changes to the itinerary (which always happens); trying to collect money from guys who keep telling you they're going to get it to you before the day of departure, only to be told they have cancelled. FUCK THAT!!

I would never do it again.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

In a place like DR, the more people you travel with, the greater chances of someone getting put in jail, ripped off, coming up missing etc...especially if most of the guys are on their first trip. No matter how much intel you provide, we all know that on the rookie trip one can loose his damn mind.

I'm no expert and in order to not be completely negative will suggest something. It may be best to center the trip around somewhere like Blackbeards. By this I mean if you can't book everyone there at least book in a community like that and then taxi in to Sosua in various smaller groups for day or Classico trips. To me that's a lot less stressful than staying and rolling around town 30 deep. The other suggestion would be to find a villa that may be able to arrange a steady flow of chicas. Then those that want to venture out more can and those that are best staying "close to home" can have pussy on-site of close to it.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I would agree with you if this was just going to DR, but some organization seems to be needed because this is for a particular event, right?

- Just me, but I think they will get a lot when and/if they can put their money together.

- Being in the same hotel or general area if possible is good. If you can find a place that will do for your group the same as what was done for the guys in the thread I posted. It brings problems but it also cuts out some too. Strength in numbers.
    Im trying to make this idiot proof. Some have never paid money for p4p. The problem is idiots is they are like cell phones in that there is always a better idiot.

Just getting email addresses is becoming a project.

I stole some stuff from the budgeting threads, but i will post what i have for furthr imput.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    Im trying to make this idiot proof. Some have never paid money for p4p. The problem is idiots is they are like cell phones in that there is always a better idiot.

Just getting email addresses is becoming a project.

I stole some stuff from the budgeting threads, but i will post what i have for furthr imput.
    You always have some curious square types in the group whenever planning a large event or even a small bachelor party. I went to a local one recently and you can see that curious hypocritical look on some guys faces when mongering topics are mentioned. Tell them leave their US values and opinions at home and be open to a change of perspective.

It's best to have on-site chicas for some of these types. Once they get their feet and dicks wet then they'll be more open minded.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    SrSuerte, I agree with you wholeheartedly as I am aware of the benefits. BUT, I would not want to be the person who has to be responsible for handling everything. Been there done that. Trying to keep everything together in the midst of changes to the dates (which always happens); changes to the itinerary (which always happens); trying to collect money from guys who keep telling you they're going to get it to you before the day of departure, only to be told they have cancelled. FUCK THAT!!

I would never do it again.
    I see where you are coming from. That's just how people are too.

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    You always have some curious square types in the group whenever planning a large event or even a small bachelor party. I went to a local one recently and you can see that curious hypocritical look on some guys faces when mongering topics are mentioned. Tell them leave their US values and opinions at home and be open to a change of perspective.

It's best to have on-site chicas for some of these types. Once they get their feet and dicks wet then they'll be more open minded.
    Throw two hoes on those types if possible.

That's my plan for first timers.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 263 Posts

I agree with Rubicon. I've seen way to many group vacations turn to shit. The worse involve getting group rates from hotels, planning bus rides based on a certain amount of people and such. What starts out as 30 people turns into 20 people, the hotel rates go up, the bus that cost xxxx divided by 30 is divided by 20 everyone has to pay more or the group leader planner has it eat it...a giant cluster. The only "safe way" is to get 100% up front from everyone and that will never happen.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TonyT For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

just say what month you are going and where.......
    and the guys will chime in or PM you........
    then you can decide on the exact dates.........
    so what started as a solo trip can turn into an invasion or mini invasion or nuthin.......
    mi have done this with Jamaica the last two times.........
    and wi had 6 guys two years ago and had 3 guys last week........
    and all the guys said they had a blast.........
    mi think anything under a dozen guys would be fine......
    over a dozen would start taking some work coordinating everything.......

last week at this time mi was getting a blow job from the hoover with a Red Stripe in mi hand......
    life is so unfair here in the states..........lol

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

If you do this we want to read all of the gory details, cause it will probably be a disaster. If you're already having trouble getting email addresses from them so you can just START organizing, just wait till you try to get money to reimburse you for money already spent.

IF you have to do it, I would get tentative dates from everybody, then pick firm dates from that. Let them buy their own plane tickets. Give assistance if they ask.

Find a hotel that has a block of rooms available, and give everyone instructions for how to book a room.

The thirty people will probably go down to about five people.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

I have some experience with this. A few tips:

1) Most important - do not set up a trip by committee - nothing gets done with 30 voices - do not have 'a vote'.
    2) Ask the groom to be what dates work best for him. Those are the dates. Period. Do not try to work around everyone's schedule. If they cant go, they can't go.
    3) Get a head count of how many are coming. Book a batch of rooms somewhere - but do not pay up front. Have each guy that is going email the hotel and reserve their room from the batch. 4-5 days before arrival phone and cancel the ones that were not booked individually. For the guys that did not book, if you snooze you lose, email the hotel and see if anything is left.
    4) Provide the guys with info of the flight you and the groom are going on, and the hotel info. That's it. They are grown men, let them take care of their own booking.
    5) Plan ONE big day / night out the day after you arrive - rent a boat, fishing, a dinner, drinks, cigars, hit the bar, whatever. Other than that dont try and make plans for everyone. It is a vacation.

Hope that helps.

Oh ya - from my experience getting 30 guys to do a stag party within 2 hours driving distance - no problem. Once you move it 'out of country' you will probably get 8-10. The biggest one I ever did was 12 guys to Cuba - the best trip of my life.

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

The NG host's the White Crew every year. They have anywhere from 20 to 30 guys.

But, I agree with Nakom. Book the flight, and everyone else can book theirs. Book the hotel, and give everyone contact info.

Don't go out of your pocket for anyone (except maybe the groom, if your his best friend and/or his best man).

Booking NG doesn't require a downpayment.

But, even in a group that big, I'd want most of them to be expierienced, with a few newbies sprinkled in. And don't expect to be able to keep track of everyone. Which, could lead to some really fucked up (but great reading for us) expieriences!!

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    The NG host's the White Crew every year. They have anywhere from 20 to 30 guys.

But, I agree with Nakom. Book the flight, and everyone else can book theirs. Book the hotel, and give everyone contact info.

Don't go out of your pocket for anyone (except maybe the groom, if your his best friend and/or his best man).

Booking NG doesn't require a downpayment.

But, even in a group that big, I'd want most of them to be expierienced, with a few newbies sprinkled in. And don't expect to be able to keep track of everyone. Which, could lead to some really fucked up (but great reading for us) expieriences!!
    Was that the crew I saw when I met you in June? They all wore white tshirts???

Those guys were hysterical

I was thinking doing the leg work for airfare, and then giving them the options to choose from 5-6 hotels.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    I have some experience with this. A few tips:

1) Most important - do not set up a trip by committee - nothing gets done with 30 voices - do not have 'a vote'.
    2) Ask the groom to be what dates work best for him. Those are the dates. Period. Do not try to work around everyone's schedule. If they cant go, they can't go.
    3) Get a head count of how many are coming. Book a batch of rooms somewhere - but do not pay up front. Have each guy that is going email the hotel and reserve their room from the batch. 4-5 days before arrival phone and cancel the ones that were not booked individually. For the guys that did not book, if you snooze you lose, email the hotel and see if anything is left.
    4) Provide the guys with info of the flight you and the groom are going on, and the hotel info. That's it. They are grown men, let them take care of their own booking.
    5) Plan ONE big day / night out the day after you arrive - rent a boat, fishing, a dinner, drinks, cigars, hit the bar, whatever. Other than that dont try and make plans for everyone. It is a vacation.

Hope that helps.

Oh ya - from my experience getting 30 guys to do a stag party within 2 hours driving distance - no problem. Once you move it 'out of country' you will probably get 8-10. The biggest one I ever did was 12 guys to Cuba - the best trip of my life.
    The bachelor party night. Everything else he said sounds great.

See if you can provide them with some basic information about regular vacation activities. I went scuba diving on my first trip to Sosua. Not too many people will go scuba diving but there are other things to do. Every trip after that I only went knee deep in pussy.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    Was that the crew I saw when I met you in June? They all wore white tshirts???

Those guys were hysterical

I was thinking doing the leg work for airfare, and then giving them the options to choose from 5-6 hotels.
    Yep, that's them.

Not even worth going into Classico's when they're in town!

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information