Thread: Brand new health club - Body Gym

Thanks

Brand new health club - Body Gym

Mostly ugly scunks in Duarte and dirtier than ever public beach after the high tourist season...growing prices... but finally we have a good news here tooo!! A very high quality gym was opened two months ago on the main autopista, 1500 feet before the traffic light, next to ferreteria. All equipment is high quality from NY. On second floor almost done aerobics area, massage room, sauna. A clean nice shower. $1200RD per month. Owner is Spaniard - a pro body building instructor. Protein. Creatin. Whey. Juices. Called Body Gym. # 809-523-6300.
    Clientelle from Santo Domingo and Juan Dolio. Lots of knock-out high class females working out.

By my high standards - a true gem.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to slan For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Re: Brand new health club - Body Gym

Yeah I stopped by there as well, very nice gym, stopped there about a month and a half ago, place wasn't opened yet, tried to speak with the owner, but wasn't able to communicate much because he was recovering from oral surgery at the time and couldn't speak.

I promised him I would join, haven't done it yet but I am also planning on becoming a member.

My standards aren't that high as far as gyms are concerned, but do realize the need to stay in shape especially as we grow a little older.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Damn. Does he need a personal trainer? I been looking for a DR gig.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vpchill View Post
    Damn. Does he need a personal trainer? I been looking for a DR gig.

"HE" does not I think. But lots of top notch non-pro chicas who work out there wouldn`t mind I guess.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Yeah I stopped by there as well, very nice gym, stopped there about a month and a half ago, place wasn't opened yet, tried to speak with the owner, but wasn't able to communicate much because he was recovering from oral surgery at the time and couldn't speak.

I promised him I would join, haven't done it yet but I am also planning on becoming a member.

My standards aren't that high as far as gyms are concerned, but do realize the need to stay in shape especially as we grow a little older.
    Not "oral surgery". He was assaulted. Attacked right in the gym. For six days was in coma.
    Welcome to Boca Chica.
    Our expat community is trying to help him to recover as much as we can.
    There is a day pass too - $100RD. In a week or two another 40` container is coming from NY with even more equipment. All equipment looks, feels and smells absolutelly brand new.

Best time to come - before the break ( that is 1 P.M.- 4 P.M.). After 6 P.M. it is pretty much full to the limit. Saturday is open up to 2 P.M. Sunday - closed.
    Please be very careful and responsible here guys! We want you to have fun. Not to get in trouble.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slan View Post
    Not "oral surgery". He was assaulted. Attacked right in the gym. For six days was in coma.
    Welcome to Boca Chica.
    Our expat community is trying to help him to recover as much as we can.
    There is a day pass too - $100RD. In a week or two another 40` container is coming from NY with even more equipment. All equipment looks, feels and smells absolutelly brand new.

Best time to come - before the break ( that is 1 P.M.- 4 P.M.). After 6 P.M. it is pretty much full to the limit. Saturday is open up to 2 P.M. Sunday - closed.
    Please be very careful and responsible here guys! We want you to have fun. Not to get in trouble.

All I can say about that is what he told me and he told me he had oral surgery, not attacked, but I guess you know the guy well, so you know the real deal.

As far as Boca Chica is concerned you may be the Sidney of Boca Chica (the sky is falling), everybody should be careful when you travel (it would be foolish to suggest anything else). But having said that I have had a place there for about 6 months without a problem, and know many expats that live there as well and none of them have had a problem, so not lets us sound any alarm, as it seems you are suggesting. As a matter of fact there have been a few guys who have visited there recently, the guys I mentioned in another thread and none of them have said they felt threatened in the least while down there, and a couple have even said to me, that they walked the streets at night and felt more safe there than when walking in Sosua regardless of the time.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

All I can say about that is what he told me and he told me he had oral surgery, not attacked, but I guess you know the guy well, so you know the real deal.

As far as Boca Chica is concerned you may be the Sidney of Boca Chica (the sky is falling), everybody should be careful when you travel (it would be foolish to suggest anything else). But having said that I have had a place there for about 6 months without a problem, and know many expats that live there as well and none of them have had a problem, so not lets us sound any alarm, as it seems you are suggesting. As a matter of fact there have been a few guys who have visited there recently, the guys I mentioned in another thread and none of them have said they felt threatened in the least while down there, and a couple have even said to me, that they walked the streets at night and felt more safe there than when walking in Sosua regardless of the time.
    Right. He had a reconstructive surgery after his skull, face and neck were all smashed with a metal bar. A casual passer-by saved him from the last terminal blow when he was already on the ground without any sign of life.

Me personally I was death threatened two times by chulos after refusing to give chicas money that they were demanding. (Much more than was argreed with them.) AMOF one time I prefered to pay $10 000RD FOR NOTHING, just to stay safe, and left the country after that for seven months to make sure those chicas and their chulos are not here any longer.
    My best luck is that I live in the best protected and guarded residence of BC.

Better safe than sorry - my life motto after 13 year long experience with this country. We live once only.

Two days ago I wanted to bring my jeep to a mechanic just 10 minutes away from the park and to wait in his area while he was doing some repair work. He said - No. It is only in the touristic central area of Boca Chica a foreigner can move around safely. Even in day time? - Yes, even in day time!
    This guy lives in Andres all his 40 year life and I assume he knows what he is talking about.
    Whatever!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slan View Post
    Right. He had a reconstructive surgery after his skull, face and neck were all smashed with a metal bar. A casual passer-by saved him from the last terminal blow when he was already on the ground without any sign of life.

Me personally I was death threatened two times by chulos after refusing to give chicas money that they were demanding. (Much more than was argreed with them.) AMOF one time I prefered to pay $10 000RD FOR NOTHING, just to stay safe, and left the country after that for seven months to make sure those chicas and their chulos are not here any longer.
    My best luck is that I live in the best protected and guarded residence of BC.

Better safe than sorry - my life motto after 13 year long experience with this country. We live once only.

Two days ago I wanted to bring my jeep to a mechanic just 10 minutes away from the park and to wait in his area while he was doing some repair work. He said - No. It is only in the touristic central area of Boca Chica a foreigner can move around safely. Even in day time? - Yes, even in day time!
    This guy lives in Andres all his 40 year life and I assume he knows what he is talking about.
    Whatever!

Glad you guys are ok, but tell you the truth, I live in BC, steady for the pass 3 months as I am looking for a new place in the capital, not in a big rush because I got my place here. I very seldom hang in the tourist areas, only when guys are in town, so I chase chicas everywhere especially in Andres all hours of the day and night, and have felt nothing but being welcomed by all. Never been threatened, never even received a cross look, from anybody. Been invited into people's homes and treated better than my own family treats me. I know many ex-pats that live and travel in the areas just like I do and none of us live in a gated community, we all live with the locals and none of us have had a problem or have felt unsafe in the least.

So I don't know what areas you are hanging in, but I hang in them all. Never a problem with a chulo or anybody else, maybe it's how I carry myself, but my experiences have been the exact opposite of what you speak. As far as the owner of the gym is concerned, don't know who he pissed off, and what the situation was, but I would suggest to him that he chooses his associates a bit better.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

One more thing on this subject, since it has evolved to this, is that as I have said, there are many ex-pats that I have met that love the BC area, and they have lived in country much longer than I. Even Slan says that he has lived in the country about 13 yrs. I would think if it was truly that dangerous, he would have left a long time ago, no? Why remain in a place that is so dangerous that you are afraid to step outside of your fortified residence.

Threads like this is why BC had gotten a bad reputation in the first place, even I was taken in by them; and was the reason why I avoided the place when I first got to the capital. When I actually decided to check it out for myself, I found that the negative press and feelings I had were not warranted.

Some people style is to say negative things, because that is what gets the attention of others, what their reasons are, beats me cause I don't know. Maybe it because they have found something and they don't want others to find it, so they can keep it to themselves. Best way to do that is to sound the alarm, so others won't venture there. I understand that, there are some on this site who travel to the D.R. that I would prefer that they stay up north or wherever else they may be, because their presence here, may fuck up things a bit. But that has nothing to do with the place it has to do with those individual guys.

If someone is fearful of a place I have to believe it has more to do with that individual than the place. Maybe the people he associates with are dangerous dudes and therefore he has a right to be fearful, I don't know. But if that is the case and those of the types you choose to associate with, often times you get what you deserve.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

One more thing on this subject, since it has evolved to this, is that as I have said, there are many ex-pats that I have met that love the BC area, and they have lived in country much longer than I. Even Slan says that he has lived in the country about 13 yrs. I would think if it was truly that dangerous, he would have left a long time ago, no? Why remain in a place that is so dangerous that you are afraid to step outside of your fortified residence.

Threads like this is why BC had gotten a bad reputation in the first place, even I was taken in by them; and was the reason why I avoided the place when I first got to the capital. When I actually decided to check it out for myself, I found that the negative press and feelings I had were not warranted.

Some people style is to say negative things, because that is what gets the attention of others, what their reasons are, beats me cause I don't know. Maybe it because they have found something and they don't want others to find it, so they can keep it to themselves. Best way to do that is to sound the alarm, so others won't venture there. I understand that, there are some on this site who travel to the D.R. that I would prefer that they stay up north or wherever else they may be, because their presence here, may fuck up things a bit. But that has nothing to do with the place it has to do with those individual guys.

If someone is fearful of a place I have to believe it has more to do with that individual than the place. Maybe the people he associates with are dangerous dudes and therefore he has a right to be fearful, I don't know. But if that is the case and those of the types you choose to associate with, often times you get what you deserve.
    A small correction. I never said that I live here for 13 years. I said - 13 year experience. That means spending 3-7 months a year for 13 years. If it matters. Two years in Boca Chica. Then eight years in Sosua. Then again three years in BC because of its proximity to the capital where I have some professional interests.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slan For This Useful Post:

Thread Information