Thread: Orchidee Restaurant

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Orchidee Restaurant

If you were to turn to the right coming from Rocky's walked to the end of the building and took a right in the driveway you'd be on the grounds of Hotel and Restaurant Orchidee.

In the Mid 2000's when I was first introduced to Orchidee they were known for their fine soups and huge variety of truly excellent handmade pizzas. There were so many options nd the food was so good and inexpensive that we ate dinner there 5 or 6 out of 9 nights!

It now has new owners and managers but it is still great value and the food is delicious. They still have wonderful soups and many varieties of pizza that are very light and tasty.

Located on the top floor of a short hotel building, essentially right behind Rocky's it can be challenging to get up 2 steep flights of stairs but it's well worth the effort. One night fairly early into the trip 6 of us climbed the "Stairway to Heaven' and ate at Orchidee. One of the guys loved the pumpkin soup there so much that he ate two bowls . Two of us had Mero fillet in a dill cream sauce, two others had chicken Cordon Bleu and the 5th shared a pizza with the two soup dude. We all raved about the food. The bill was very reasonable also. it's just those damn stairs that subliminally make me forget to return more often.

Orchidee restaurant comes Highly Recommended!
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Orchidee Restaurant

So the german guy isn't the onwer or chef anymore---he's the guy that always when back to europe in july to visit his mother.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spanky27312 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Not sure who you are referring to.

I knew the original owners and who I was introduced to some time ago as the new owner, and he was there.

He made a point of coming to our table, just to make contact. It was a nice touch and not obtrusive at all.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky27312 View Post
    So the german guy isn't the onwer or chef anymore---he's the guy that always when back to europe in july to visit his mother.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Seems you got Sosua down pat..... I been there so many times and strange we haven't bumped into one another yet!!
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,553 Times in 1,620 Posts

I'm not sure how far back you are talking about. Tilo has been running Orchidee restaurant for at least the last 4 years and prior to him it was Raquel and her german husband, Christian running it. Tilo was there in December, are you saying he is not there anymore?.

BTW, consistantly this place serves the best quality food for the money in Sosua, on a par with La Costera.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to snoozer For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

We're saying the same thing, you're just making more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by snoozer View Post
    I'm not sure how far back you are talking about. Tilo has been running Orchidee restaurant for at least the last 4 years and prior to him it was Raquel and her german husband, Christian running it. Tilo was there in December, are you saying he is not there anymore?.

BTW, consistantly this place serves the best quality food for the money in Sosua, on a par with La Costera.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Thumbs Down Re: Orchidee Restaurant

I ate there again Friday, Always great with fast service. They make you feel ''at home''.

15. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i was there sometimes last year in Novembre: good food, nice persons, good price if I go again to Sosua I will go to eat there again!

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dirk1970 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Tilo is still there. No changes.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vagabond For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,517 Times in 10,205 Posts

I tried this place last night,,and all i can say is wow,,,,,,really really good food,,,,,,,

I had chicken with spinach in a thai curry sauce with vegetables and roasted potatoes,,,and Tiny had chicken with asparagus in a mushroom cream sauce......

Wish i knew about this place before,,,as i would frequent quite often,,,,,

But yes ,,,do be careful on those stairs that go straight up and down at quite an angle,,,,

Well,,,,,,off to la playa,,,,,
    " Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,553 Times in 1,620 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xmendave View Post
    I tried this place last night,,and all i can say is wow,,,,,,really really good food,,,,,,,

I had chicken with spinach in a thai curry sauce with vegetables and roasted potatoes,,,and Tiny had chicken with asparagus in a mushroom cream sauce......

Wish i knew about this place before,,,as i would frequent quite often,,,,,

But yes ,,,do be careful on those stairs that go straight up and down at quite an angle,,,,

Well,,,,,,off to la playa,,,,,
    This place has been in my top three places to eat for years, along with Rockys and La Costera

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to snoozer For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,517 Times in 10,205 Posts

This place has been in my top three places to eat for years, along with Rockys and La Costera

Yeah,,,I am supposed to meet VP, Blazaveli ,and Boris at Passions at 8 :00PM for the Halloween party,,and then i think i may indulge in La Costera afterwards with Tiny,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have never been let down at Costera,,,,,,

We all just left Rubys for the cookout,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Whatever you want to say about VP,,,,,,all i can say is he is "DAMN GOOD PEOPLES" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Thread Information