Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Caribe Tour bus from Santiago to Sosua

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Re: Caribe Tour bus from Santiago to Sosua

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    You can buy tickets ahead of time, but there are no "Reservations".

When it's time to board, it's "first come, first served"

During busy seasons, if you get there too late, you'll be on the next bus. Trust me.

Or paying 5500 pesos for a taxi to Sosua!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BadJokes View Post
    How much is the taxi fare from STI to the Metro station? I can save about $200. flying in STI vs POP but don't want to negate the savings on taxi fare.
    If I remember right, my first ride from STI to the bus station was $20.00 (I was actually quoted $20.00 in english and guess there must have been something about me that screamed "gringo"). After that it varied from 600-700 pesos. I see you posted that you decided to fly in to POP. To be honest, I would do the STI route as there is still about $140.00 savings. Could easily pay for a couple of nights lodging and possibly a meal or two.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    I took Caribe tours from Sd to Sosua two weeks ago and it really does kind of suck. It's like a local and hood bus and Metro I believe is more express and comfortable. I'm not going to say never again, but I definitely couldn't take that bus every trip.
    I have taken the Metro a few times....Sousa to SD & SD to Sousa....they have a toilet on the bus... very comfortable...make sure to have a warm jacket beacause they luv to crank up the AC...
    the price was less than 320-360 pesos..
    Just another monger!!
    BBCode

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Citynights View Post
    I have taken the Metro a few times....Sousa to SD & SD to Sousa....they have a toilet on the bus... very comfortable...make sure to have a warm jacket beacause they luv to crank up the AC...
    the price was less than 320-360 pesos..
    After having been on both, I prefer Metro.

While I haven't taken Metro from Santo Domingo, I know Metro is faster. I was taking Carribe from Sosua to SD. A Metro bus left after us. Beat us to SD by an hour. That was the day I missed my flight.

Plus, Metro bus was in better shape. Although, calling Carribe a hood bus, I would not. They are both wayyy nicer than most people would think of a bus in a Third World country. Most people get images of people riding on the hood, and chickens on the bus.

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    Will find out in 2 weeks, I think I will reserve a rental, and see how much it will be for a cab to Sosua, I only need a rental car for 3 days so if it is about the same price I will just cab it.
    Researching my next trip debating to take the Metro again or not, BTW a cab in November 2012 cost me $85 one way, in case anyone was wondering how much it was to Sosua. I don't think I haggled at all since I was so pissed about Avis being closed and not other car rental places besides National was open and they had only 1 expensive car, and it was 5am

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information