Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Caribe Tour bus from Santiago to Sosua

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

Re: Caribe Tour bus from Santiago to Sosua

Quote Originally Posted by Dvdmdz View Post
    I boarded metro @ the Sosua Station (gas station across street from playero). First stop was @ puertoplata . Second stop was Los Jardines Santiago.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptime View Post
    in pop. only 1 though i believe.
    Ok, I got it now. Two stops to include the stop in Santiago.

I had interpreted the original comment to mean two stops after leaving Sosua but before arriving in Santiago.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Where is the Metro bus station in Santiago? Is it far from the airport?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lateforwork For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lateforwork View Post
    You'll have to get a taxi for either buses.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lateforwork View Post
    It's about a 20 minute ride. Youll have to get a taxi at the airport.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    It's about a 20 minute ride. You'll have to get a taxi at the airport.

How much is the taxi fare from STI to the Metro station? I can save about $200. flying in STI vs POP but don't want to negate the savings on taxi fare.

Also...anybody ever caught a cab from the POP metro station to Black Beards?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BadJokes For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BadJokes View Post
    How much is the taxi fare from STI to the Metro station? I can save about $200. flying in STI vs POP but don't want to negate the savings on taxi fare.

Should be around 500-700 pesos.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 32,918 Times in 3,296 Posts

A cab STI to Black Beards would probably be 60-80 dollars depending on your negotiating skills. If you can contact one before and have one waiting for you it would be cheaper than getting off the plane and negotiating at the airport.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bailar View Post
    A cab STI to Black Beards would probably be 60-80 dollars depending on your negotiating skills. If you can contact one before and have one waiting for you it would be cheaper than getting off the plane and negotiating at the airport.
    Will find out in 2 weeks, I think I will reserve a rental, and see how much it will be for a cab to Sosua, I only need a rental car for 3 days so if it is about the same price I will just cab it.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    Will find out in 2 weeks, I think I will reserve a rental, and see how much it will be for a cab to Sosua, I only need a rental car for 3 days so if it is about the same price I will just cab it.
    A cab from STI to Sosua will run you somewhere between $75-100USD depending upon the driver and the time of day (or night) you want to go to Sosua. Including all available liability insurance (which I highly recommend), a 3 day car rental with a dependable agency is going to run you a bit more than $100. But you'd have transpo when you got to Sosua. Which could save you money in other ways.

Kinda depends upon where you want to save money.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cab from Santiago to Sosua, during normal hours, $70-$75, After hours (like a Spirit flight) $80.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Decided to just fly into POP.

After all the cab and bus fairs both ways, i'd only be saving $60 bucks by coming into STI.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BadJokes For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Trip Report Re: Caribe Tour bus from Santiago to Sosua

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    A cab from STI to Sosua will run you somewhere between $75-100USD depending upon the driver and the time of day (or night) you want to go to Sosua. Including all available liability insurance (which I highly recommend), a 3 day car rental with a dependable agency is going to run you a bit more than $100. But you'd have transpo when you got to Sosua. Which could save you money in other ways.

Kinda depends upon where you want to save money.
    Not really about money within reason I was checking and the rental car with the cheaper insurance (intermediate size) was about $135 and I was thinking $60 gas, to make it an even $200. I am putting it on my Amex card.

The issue was WTF am I going to do. Assuming the flight is on time and I get into STI at 3am, and I get out of immigration at 4am. Now that Passions is closed, it limits my options.

CAB
    it is only like an hour drive by cab to Sosua (arrive between 5-6am). I probably won't be able to check in to the hotel to 8am? Any activity would involve carrying my backpack around WITH some kind of Duty free bag

RENTAL CAR
    figure it will take another 30 minutes for rental car dude to process the car, I get out of the airport lets say 4:30am at the earliest, and will give me the option of napping in the car or driving looking for whores and Dulce secreto although it may be a long shot before checking in to the hotel. Of course there is the possible headache of renting a car, which might be a gamble from experience. There might be the possibilty this car might be parked for 3 days until I need to return on Sunday around midnight.

In the back of my mind I will by hoping for the first time, that Spirit will be late. But since they are douchebags, they will probably depart early.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    Cab from Santiago to Sosua, during normal hours, $70-$75, After hours (like a Spirit flight) $80.
    I wonder how the mafia will be, at SDQ I heard prices of $20 to Boca Chica, but it took me about 15 minutes to get to $25 from $30 until I realized I was sweating over another $5

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Not really about money within reason I was checking and the rental car with the cheaper insurance (intermediate size) was about $135 and I was thinking $60 gas, to make it an even $200. I am putting it on my Amex card.

The issue was WTF am I going to do. Assuming the flight is on time and I get into STI at 3am, and I get out of immigration at 4am. Now that Passions is closed, it limits my options.

CAB
    it is only like an hour drive by cab to Sosua (arrive between 5-6am). I probably won't be able to check in to the hotel to 8am? Any activity would involve carrying my backpack around WITH some kind of Duty free bag

RENTAL CAR
    figure it will take another 30 minutes for rental car dude to process the car, I get out of the airport lets say 4:30am at the earliest, and will give me the option of napping in the car or driving looking for whores and Dulce secreto although it may be a long shot before checking in to the hotel. Of course there is the possible headache of renting a car, which might be a gamble from experience. There might be the possibilty this car might be parked for 3 days until I need to return on Sunday around midnight.

In the back of my mind I will by hoping for the first time, that Spirit will be late. But since they are douchebags, they will probably depart early.
    i've heard vintage (the club @ hotel matum) is still hopping at 4am, you could check that place out, take your chica over to a cabana and just crash there for the night and get a fresh start in the morning

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I wonder how the mafia will be, at SDQ I heard prices of $20 to Boca Chica, but it took me about 15 minutes to get to $25 from $30 until I realized I was sweating over another $5
    Why the hell did you work the price up, to try to sweat working the price down $5?

Your confusing me like Jimmy does.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    Why the hell did you work the price up, to try to sweat working the price down $5?

Your confusing me like Jimmy does.
    i think he's saying that he heard the price was $20, but he had to work a driver down (or keep shooing away drivers quoting $30) to $25.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BadJokes View Post

POP Metro station to BB should be no more than 350 pesos.
    Enjoy it while you can.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    i think he's saying that he heard the price was $20, but he had to work a driver down (or keep shooing away drivers quoting $30) to $25.
    Yes, sorry for the confusion

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    i've heard vintage (the club @ hotel matum) is still hopping at 4am, you could check that place out, take your chica over to a cabana and just crash there for the night and get a fresh start in the morning
    Is this like a real club or a whore house? If it is a real club, does it require pants?

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Is this like a real club or a whore house? If it is a real club, does it require pants?
    it's a regular club but frequented by chicas in search of pesos.

i don't think they'd let you in with shorts on but you could get away with jeans.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information