View Poll Results: How many of those who have mongered in the DR started at Blackbeards?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • I first mongered overseas at Blackbeards

10 9.80%
  • I first mongered overseas in the DR but not at Blackbeards

39 38.24%
  • I first mongered overseas in another country but my first in DR was at Blackbeards

13 12.75%
  • I first mongered overseas in another country, then later in the DR, but not first at Blackbeards

40 39.22%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of those who have visited the DR started at Blackbeards?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Re: How many of those who have visited the DR started at Blackbeards?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    It counts
    It's my thread. I'll decide whether it counts!

And my decision is ...

... it counts!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    It's my thread. I'll decide whether it counts!

And my decision is ...

... it counts!
    Driving across the Canadian or Mexican border doesn't count IMO as overseas mongering. That's like me going down to Atlantic City, winning a few bucks on the roulette table and getting a hooker. That's just getting a hooker, no mongering experience. Taking a trip with the primary interest of P4P sex for a few days or more is what I call mongering. That's just me.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Driving across the Canadian or Mexican border doesn't count IMO as overseas mongering. That's like me going down to Atlantic City, winning a few bucks on the roulette table and getting a hooker. That's just getting a hooker, no mongering experience. Taking a trip with the primary interest of P4P sex for a few days or more is what I call mongering. That's just me.
    TJ is just like Sosua. It is mongering.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,213 Times in 1,597 Posts

Driving to Nueva Laredo, spending three days in boystown drinking and chasing chicas is mongering.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Happyhorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Started out in Rio back when the currency exchange was insane!!!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ATrain91 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ATrain91 View Post
    Started out in Rio back when the currency exchange was insane!!!
    Well tell us about it

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vpchill View Post
    I actually JUST heard about BB's a few months ago. Had a friend who went last month and he didnt like it.

I visited DR many times before I moved to country, during all those trips never heard of BBs.

Didn't hear of it till I joined this site, and by that time I already lived in country, still never stayed there although went there a couple of times for drinks or lunch. Still haven't been to one of their bikini contests.

Finally bit the bullet and stayed there one night just last month, during my fifth year in country. I enjoyed myself, I probably will stay there again, but I don't think for more than a two night stay.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

staying at BB's last month was a bit of a spur of the moment thing. I stopped in there in Feb. because I was meeting a chica in POP and had a couple of hours to kill before she got off of work. I liked the talent level, so when I got back in March decided why not spend a night. Main reason was just to get some numbers, and that was successful. During the couple of hours in Feb. and the night in March I got I think 8 numbers, I really would prefer to do their chicas on their time off, it just works better for me. But if I see good talent on here or decide to stop in for a drink and like what I see, I can see myself doing it again for a night probably, but maybe two. Part of it is that I got a car, and therefore am not forced to stay there all day, without doing some exploring, or meeting some other chicas.

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    staying at BB's last month was a bit of a spur of the moment thing. I stopped in there in Feb. because I was meeting a chica in POP and had a couple of hours to kill before she got off of work. I liked the talent level, so when I got back in March decided why not spend a night. Main reason was just to get some numbers, and that was successful. During the couple of hours in Feb. and the night in March I got I think 8 numbers, I really would prefer to do their chicas on their time off, it just works better for me. But if I see good talent on here or decide to stop in for a drink and like what I see, I can see myself doing it again for a night probably, but maybe two. Part of it is that I got a car, and therefore am not forced to stay there all day, without doing some exploring, or meeting some other chicas.
    The thing about BB's chicas is that sometimes things are slow and they don't make any $$ for stretches. This means that they're often willing to accomodate guys after their shifts or on days off.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 5,636 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    I visited DR many times before I moved to country, during all those trips never heard of BBs.

Didn't hear of it till I joined this site, and by that time I already lived in country, still never stayed there although went there a couple of times for drinks or lunch. Still haven't been to one of their bikini contests.

Finally bit the bullet and stayed there one night just last month, during my fifth year in country. I enjoyed myself, I probably will stay there again, but I don't think for more than a two night stay.
    Kind of like living in Medellin, and never staying at Medellin Mansion...
    Blue Devil

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BlueDevil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Happyhorn View Post
    Driving to Nueva Laredo, spending three days in boystown drinking and chasing chicas is mongering.
    I have to change my choice from BB'S to above.
    I was much younger then & had cousins down in N Laredo, I really did not think of it as mongering then, only doing what came naturally!

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stalino55 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Started at the great Sosua Palace and Ballroom. First night in the country we took a field trip out to Blackbeards. We hung out for a couple of hours and dropped off a dude who was hanging with us. When we were leaving, three dudes came rushing out begging us to take them with us. They were bored out of their minds!

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,353 Times in 887 Posts

I will have to say that BB's is where it officially started. Dunedain turned me on to the place back in 2008. Upon arrival we went straight to Sosua to see what Passions was all about, before hitting BB's. This is before Peter made all the changes. I remember going straight for the soapy experience and that was something I will never forget.
    Anyway, we got to BB's a few hours later and found the place to be pretty cool. I have to admit I like the pace of Sosua better, but do like spending some time at BB's. Depending on how you look at it, it can be a good wind down to your trip for a couple of days or a way to ease into the DR before venturing elsewhere IMO.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to daddy999 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

My first trip was to SDQ with zero knowledge other then my friend being to SDQ 8 months before this trip, my first, his second... Stayed at Melia Santo Domingo, not a chica friendly hotel but paid off a guard to make it a semi-chica friendly hotel

2nd trip to Sosua, 3rd, 4th, 5th.... all the way to 16th all in DR all over the planet of Dominican Republic... (I know it's not a planet, but should be)

Trip 17, 18, 19 to Medellin... All at the Mansion, and was never bored, but I went out and discovered some great casas...

Trip 20 back to Sosua...

Hopefully 21 is to an asian mongering planet... My mind may change cause I just love latinas, but trying to love asians because they deserve some of my money also!

To Be Continued....

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    The thing about BB's chicas is that sometimes things are slow and they don't make any $$ for stretches. This means that they're often willing to accomodate guys after their shifts or on days off.

The same can be said for Passions girls in Sosua. Get their numbers and call them to show up at your place before they actually start working.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cervezalover For This Useful Post:

Thanks

On my first trip to the DR I stayed at the Mustang which became FOD's which is now something else altogether. It was pretty lousey. I was shipped over to Crystals twice a day to get chicas. Crystals was expensive but I did have some great times there. It was there when I found out about Sosua.

In Sosua I found out about BB's. It took me a little while to make it to BB's, but I love it. It's an experience I think everyone who goes to the DR should have. It has the best comraderie in the DR. I never get bored there and if I want to go out late I can go to Crystals. So now I alternate between BB's & Sosua.
    Last edited by Scrub59; 04-09-2012 at 01:30 AM.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scrub59 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scrub59 View Post
    On my first trip to the DR I stayed at the Mustang which became FOD's which is now something else altogether. It was pretty lousey. I was shipped over to Crystals twice a day to get chicas.
    That's interesting. Leno bought FoD (it was FoD both before and after it was Mustang Ranch, by the way) precisely to have a captive market for his Cristal putas. I am resident in the area and talk to lots of mongers plus I read a lot on the boards and you are the first person I have heard of who exactly followed his plan. A few hundred more like you over the years and Mustang Ranch would still be flourishing. Unfortunately he totally misjudged things.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My first Mongering outside the USA was Nuevo Laredo Mexico just across the border of Texas in the late 90s; they have a place called Boys Town. Way too dangerous to go there now!
    Next was the island of Curacao, fun place but very remote. Mongering was cheep but everything else is expensive.
    Next Costa Rica, this place was fun, mongering is legal but not as affordable.
    First trip to DR was around 2005, stayed at the Palace (long gone) Wow what a country! Exchange rate was 50 to 1.
    I have gone back to the DR at least 5 times.

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Forgot to mention I have been to Black Beards.
    It has it's perks, especially if you are new to the seen or don't want to bother with learning even the littlest Spanish.
    Its problem is location; too far from anything and taxis will eat you up in fees.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil View Post
    Kind of like living in Medellin, and never staying at Medellin Mansion...
    I wonder how many people started their Medellin adventures at Medellin Mansion???

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information