Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seacrets re-opening

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Club Seacrets to re-open?

I heard a rumor today that an American guy bought Club Sea-Crets for $100,000 and it is to reopen including the night club. Anyone hear anything about this ?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,894 Times in 1,768 Posts

Re: Club Seacrets to re-open?

"You're only as old as the woman you feel" Groucho Marx

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to drdreamer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Re: Seacrets re-opening

So is it open yet ?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

shit changes quick but as of 6 July it was not open.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,369 Times in 2,486 Posts

I never knew what was so great about the place??? I went there a few times on my first few trips.

There were alot of ugly women. A few decent ones and once in a while a few hotties.

I was talking to some hottie there and wanted to take her out and with salida and what she wanted, it was like 3500-4000???

I can get a Passions girl after 10 for that.

But I always hear people saying how that place was so great

Am I am missing something?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sporthobbyist For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Work is continuing on this. New pool has apparently been installed out the back. Am told it's going to be totally enclosed and the owners are hoping to be serious competition for CMP and Passions.
    IMO, THATS the right concept.. And if they bring back that thatched roof Island feeling (like the old passions) , and make the prices reasonable, and the girls are cute and friendly, Dont pad the Bills, keep the music and Ambiance like Bachata & soft Dominican and some pop dance music so the chicas can dance their asses off, then its going to be quite the spot.. I'm there. Shark Bar may even get a windfall from this place, as some of us will duck in there so we can hear ourselves talk, if its just too packed at this new Seacrets. If I were Lou I would definitely hang in there and see what develops here. This could be good for everyone.
    But I hope these dudes are Dominican Americans, or specifically Dominican NY'rs, for their sake, IYKWIM.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

I walked by there today, but no inspection... There is definitely improvements being made to the property... New railings and updating the old sitting areas. There is a sign on the place indicating it was sold and they closed off the entrance with metal bars... Looks like someone is sinking some money into the place...

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

Isn't that where Lorena got her start in Sosua???before she moved to Passion and TNT fucked her so many time she left town???

16. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    Isn't that where Lorena got her start in Sosua???before she moved to Passion and TNT fucked her so many time she left town???
    Good to see you got caught up on your rest enough, to bust my balls!!

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    IMO, THATS the right concept.. And if they bring back that thatched roof Island feeling (like the old passions) , and make the prices reasonable, and the girls are cute and friendly, Dont pad the Bills, keep the music and Ambiance like Bachata & soft Dominican and some pop dance music so the chicas can dance their asses off, then its going to be quite the spot.. I'm there. Shark Bar may even get a windfall from this place, as some of us will duck in there so we can hear ourselves talk, if its just too packed at this new Seacrets. If I were Lou I would definitely hang in there and see what develops here. This could be good for everyone.
    But I hope these dudes are Dominican Americans, or specifically Dominican NY'rs, for their sake, IYKWIM.
    This is obviously the most important part.

If the prices are the same as Passions and CMP, it's a waste of time and money for whomever bought it. Another place with $100+ take out hoes and 2500 peso ST hoes on Pedro Clisante, yeah that's what the strip needed and if you ask me, that's what the prices are gonna be since the money needs to be split between the hoes and the house, it can't be much lower.
    Bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym ...

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post
    This is obviously the most important part.

If the prices are the same as Passions and CMP, it's a waste of time and money for whomever bought it. Another place with $100+ take out hoes and 2500 peso ST hoes on Pedro Clisante, yeah that's what the strip needed and if you ask me, that's what the prices are gonna be since the money needs to be split between the hoes and the house, it can't be much lower.
    Secrets I believes pre-dates my time in Sosua or nothing was going on there when I passed by.

Let's face it there are only so many chicas of high quality to fill these places. If you think Passions girls are 8-10 on the scale, it would be nice to have a place that has the 6-7s for a lot better prices for the cheaper point and click times like toward the end of a trip when money is tight or you can't call one. A little booze will raise their stock anyway.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Cool Re: Seacrets re-opening

I walked by and examined. Seems it will be many weeks or even months before re-opening.

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

my friend went by Seacrets.....they had the good sense to call it ....

CITY NIGHTS.....

of course it is a Gentlemens Club.....
    so most of my friends & myself will not be able go inside to enjoy the ......

Just another monger!!
    BBCode

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

Ok I did have the pleasure of meeting the new owner while I was in town last week, He is an American and has moved to the DR full time.
    I explained who I was and that I was a member of a group called ISOC so he unlocked the gate and invited me inside for a tour/interview.
    He explained the original name was to be Sosua Lights BUT the application had been denied because the government is trying to clean up the image of Sosua, therefore is not allowing any Bars, Clubs or adult oriented establishments to have Sosua in their name.

He has resubmitted his application for a name City Lights and as of last Wed was still waiting on approval.

Inside the club towards the street will be more like a sports bar with several TVs and chicas behind the bar.
    There will be a back section that is going to be a old fashion strip club type with full nude chicas dancing.
    all chicas on site will be avail for short time with rooms on site as well as TLN via a barfine.
    I had the guys name wrote down but I can't find it now, but he said he had NO partners, he was sole owner.
    Said he expected to be open in November.
    Helping the 3rd world economy, one chica at a time !!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    I heard a rumor today that an American guy bought Club Sea-Crets for $100,000 and it is to reopen including the night club. Anyone hear anything about this ?
    There's no way he bought the property for 100K. He probably paid 100K for a long term lease.

100K won't buy a bar property in Sosua.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    There's no way he bought the property for 100K. He probably paid 100K for a long term lease.

100K won't buy a bar property in Sosua.
    100K, not even close, more like $400K- 600, no ? and thats probably all cash too.
    and a lease in sosua, he is already doomed..if he even makes it to the end of that lease...

I would love to believe this guy will somehow succeed, and would gladly support him, and I really really like the concept of what he is trying to do.

But I feel he will fail, just like the other 95%...ALONE ?, as a GRINGO.. no dominican partner or at least Dominican WIFE ? or relatives ?... he does NOT have a snowballs chance in hell.
    Is he even part Dominican or LOOK dominican ?
    IF he even gets to the point where he is turning a profit, so many will come at him with their hands out.. it will erase ANY dreams he ever had of making a profit..

The Crap that goes on, on a daily basis with a business in Sosua, is just amazing..the attempts at extortion for ex..
    I personally witnessed a woman fall off the Moto, and she tried to get money from the hotel owner where she fell, claiming it was his fault somehow, when he told her to go take a hike, she comes back an hour later with her family and says she is pregnant too... it just doesnt stop, and you have to know who is who, and thats just the every day shit.. you got a business and you a gringo, they will just fleece you til there is nothing left...and if they smell blood, like you got a soft spot, its a wrap.

I Wish this man all the best of luck in the world, he is certainly gonna need it..

just my .02

31. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    100K, not even close, more like $400K- 600, no ? and thats probably all cash too.
    and a lease in sosua, he is already doomed..if he even makes it to the end of that lease...

I would love to believe this guy will somehow succeed, and would gladly support him, and I really really like the concept of what he is trying to do.

But I feel he will fail, just like the other 95%...ALONE ?, as a GRINGO.. no dominican partner or at least Dominican WIFE ? or relatives ?... he does NOT have a snowballs chance in hell.
    Is he even part Dominican or LOOK dominican ?
    IF he even gets to the point where he is turning a profit, so many will come at him with their hands out.. it will erase ANY dreams he ever had of making a profit..

The Crap that goes on, on a daily basis with a business in Sosua, is just amazing..the attempts at extortion for ex..
    I personally witnessed a woman fall off the Moto, and she tried to get money from the hotel owner where she fell, claiming it was his fault somehow, when he told her to go take a hike, she comes back an hour later with her family and says she is pregnant too... it just doesnt stop, and you have to know who is who, and thats just the every day shit.. you got a business and you a gringo, they will just fleece you til there is nothing left...and if they smell blood, like you got a soft spot, its a wrap.

I Wish this man all the best of luck in the world, he is certainly gonna need it..

just my .02
    I don't agree with you one bit. By not having a Dominican partner he is already ahead. He doesn't have to worry about his partner stealing from him or taking the business over under his nose. Having a Dominican face at your establishment is very important but as a partner...just looking for future problems.

As far as he not making it....who knows. But it won't be because he's a gringo, but because there are 51 other bars on PC and not enough tourists.

33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    I don't agree with you one bit. By not having a Dominican partner he is already ahead. He doesn't have to worry about his partner stealing from him or taking the business over under his nose. Having a Dominican face at your establishment is very important but as a partner...just looking for future problems.

As far as he not making it....who knows. But it won't be because he's a gringo, but because there are 51 other bars on PC and not enough tourists.
    And I certainly respect your opinions R** , for so many diff reasons. We have met, and your lovely wife also.. so I know you know what you are talking about..in fact we chatted in the pool at the condos,but its not important, but just to say I do see where you coming from and totally respect your opinions on all things regarding Sosua...not just business related..

but , my .02 is this is DIFFERENT.. its gonna be a WHORE house, totally different from a restaurant, or bar.. and dealing with the chica, and all their Problems too, drugs, fights.. do i need to go into details ?
    As much as some of us have our differences with Peter of the place down the street, I respect what he has done there, immensely . the guy has his shit together, big time & the connections ..you can NOT take on a guy like that, unless you got some serious Dominican BACKING.. that was my point,. and that is why he "might fail".. if you read my prev post, I LOVED the CONCEPT.. but I just dont think he can succeed without at LEAST a dominican face, ie manager/ partner, or at leat a Domincan Wife, with "connections" .. and even then it would wtill be " tough tough tough" ( a rolling stones reference, lol)

Also, and not that this gives me any expertise on the subject whatsoever. but some Cuban friends of mine from Miami, were offered and seriously considered buying Lapsus in SD , this was years ago when the owner was sick, before it became Rickys, which is i guess the guy who did buy it ?, , Idk.... but anyway.. they sat, had meetings, and did their Due Diligence, and seriously thought about it.. but the reasons I stated above is why they came to the conclusion that it was NOT a good investment.. it was not because there were too many other clubs, or competition, they could handle that part, and make the place shine, it was for those specific reasons i stated.. and only those reasons..

Seacrets could be a phenomenal place, so close the the center of town, just steps away.. no motochoncho needed.. but not by a gringo solo, i just dont see it. for that reason.

just my .02 , & thinking out loud..

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

We were in the pool together...oh boy...I hate stories that start like that.

I respect your opinion as well and I certainly understand what you mean especially when looking at the shadier side of the Sosua businesses. Once you're on that side of things, it becomes "a different business"

So now we will have City Nights, CMP, Hollywood Nights all competing against Passions. I really wish they could all survive, but come on....where is the business sense????

I have many guys offering me their opinion on how I should have more working girls at Coach's Corner and open up the cabana we have in the back. I really don't want to get into that side of the business cause I know exactly what I'm up against. Find a niche, reward your frequent customers, offer a fair price and succeed slowly.

37. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Guess it just me then, but i cant stand the thought of payng some pimp money to fuck his girl. Fuck that, ruins the whole experience.
    Still to this day i never paid for a Passion Girl inside passions. Just can not do it! Yet i know there r plenty of y'all paing 3500 for some girl who been sucking and fucking 2 or 3 or more guys that same day b4 u brought her back to ur room! Ewwwwwwwwww
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information