Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 04/2012 - I WILL NEVER GO TO CMP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Re: I WILL NEVER GO TO CMP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneSpecific View Post
    Clarification:

1) Not everyone is a violent hothead. Sometimes cooler heads need prevail. As was stated earlier, it was my last night and had any of us assaulted any Dominican person, we would have been arrested on the spot. (And likely beated and all that goes with that, later when we were out of sight.)

2) It's not the money but the principal. You remember morals and principals? Each round as the factura was presented, there were more drinks on the page than were ordered. The total would then be disputed and this takes time. What should have been simply discussed with the waitress typically ended up involving a floor manager, a cashier and several sundry people who were not involved in the transaction. There was lots of back and forth and usually the corrected amount was paid. We're not talking tons of drinks here folks. There were 4 of us and not everyone had a drink each round. I settled my tab fine enough because I wasn't having any nonsense. John's round was first and without problems. Ben's round was wildly over and eventually settled. Rick was last and it was just stupid how it was handled.

You are getting too caught up in the fine print and missing the point. They are screwing with your tab and trying to strong arm you into paying more than you should. I didn't even mention that the small Presidente was charged 140pesos where other bars charge what, 80 - 100 pesos? Ok? The place is a rip off and they are assaulting you if you stand up for what is right. That's the point!

Stay focused.
    Senor Morales and Senor Principales, were those the kidnappers ? Whatever happened to those dudes...

Im sorry, i just cant help myself sometimes...

but please do continue regaling us with this wonderful story, of Pride, Morals and Principles over 500 pesos.....
    and lecturing Senior Members like Grey who knows more about the DR than most guys here...
    please do continue..

but seriously, Im glad Rick is ok and has decided to drop the matter...

So why you stirring the pot further, would be my question...
    dont really need an answer...

bottom line, glad everyone is ok.. dont go in there again...they seem to be people we dont want to mess with.

end of story. no ?

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Clarification:

1) Not everyone is a violent hothead. Sometimes cooler heads need prevail. As was stated earlier, it was my last night and had any of us assaulted any Dominican person, we would have been arrested on the spot. (And likely beated and all that goes with that, later when we were out of sight.)

2) It's not the money but the principal. You remember morals and principals? Each round as the factura was presented, there were more drinks on the page than were ordered. The total would then be disputed and this takes time. What should have been simply discussed with the waitress typically ended up involving a floor manager, a cashier and several sundry people who were not involved in the transaction. There was lots of back and forth and usually the corrected amount was paid. We're not talking tons of drinks here folks. There were 4 of us and not everyone had a drink each round. I settled my tab fine enough because I wasn't having any nonsense. John's round was first and without problems. Ben's round was wildly over and eventually settled. Rick was last and it was just stupid how it was handled.

You are getting too caught up in the fine print and missing the point. They are screwing with your tab and trying to strong arm you into paying more than you should. I didn't even mention that the small Presidente was charged 140pesos where other bars charge what, 80 - 100 pesos? Ok? The place is a rip off and they are assaulting you if you stand up for what is right. That's the point!

Stay focused.

So, how many chances were you willing to give them to rip you off? After the first time they padded the bill, I would have left. The second time, no fucking way there would have been a third time!

And let me tell you, someone knocks Rick down in front of me.........forget about it.

Maybe you were worried about being kidnapped????????

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    Senor Morales and Senor Principales, were those the kidnappers ? Whatever happened to those dudes...

Im sorry, i just cant help myself sometimes...

but please do continue regaling us with this wonderful story, of Pride, Morals and Principles over 500 pesos.....
    and lecturing Senior Members like Grey who knows more about the DR than most guys here...
    please do continue..

but seriously, Im glad Rick is ok and has decided to drop the matter...

So why you stirring the pot further, would be my question...
    dont really need an answer...

bottom line, glad everyone is ok.. dont go in there again...they seem to be people we dont want to mess with.

end of story. no ?
    DAMN! You beat me to the kidnapper joke!

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Clarification:

Stay focused.
    GTFOOH! with that "stay focused" BS.

If I or one of my party is physically assaulted then it's pretty obvious that the time for "cooler heads to prevail" has passed.

Let me give you an example...

2 of my friends and I were with my Son and 2 of his buddies at Casa Teresa in SD. It was the youngsters' 1st trip to the DR and being 20 something they were a little well less than appropriate. One of them was pulling Remy and Alize out of his backpack and pouring "Incredible Hulks" for a few of the Chicas, they were dancing shirtless (musclemen) for the Chicas and basically doing a little wilding out in the least casual Casa in Santo Domingo. I saw the sign from the manager and saw the bouncers start to move and I went up to the manager and handed him some cash and let him know that it was time for the young fellas to leave but we planned to stay. He smiled, shook my hand and has given me that same smile and handshake every time he's seen me in the years to follow. The bouncers stood down and us old guys had a great time after seeing the kids off with our driver. If the bouncers had made it to them before I'd acted, well...there wouldn't be a Casa Teresa in Santo Domingo today. Assaulting US government officials, contractors and law enforcement officers is not the kind of publicity they needed.

Here's my take on MORALS and PRINCIPLES: Once you put your hands on me or any of my party we're no longer in a business transaction. It's a fight, during which I'm going to act like you're trying to kill me (not just kidnap me and drop me off in a BC whore house). It's best for everyone if you don't put your hands on any of us. Got a problem? Call a cop.

The 1st time they screwed your count you should have paid up and left. It's that simple.

oh yeah, and stop trying for the "moral superiority" badge on this one. I see it as Cowardice and there's nothing that you can say to change the facts about that. Dominicans can smell it a mile away.

Focus on Dat!
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    DAMN! You beat me to the kidnapper joke!
    The part that bothers me is he punked out, and then wants to come here and lecture people & even claim IF he beat up the security guy, he would have gotten arrested for it ?? ...
    I got news for you, that Policia National would have laughed his ass off if the security guy ate his chickets from a couple Gringos.. No way he would have fired on them, or arrested them.. he would have enjoyed the show and told everyone to shake hands at the end..
    Good Lord..

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    oh yeah, and stop trying for the "moral superiority" badge on this one. I see it as Cowardice and there's nothing that you can say to change the facts about that. Dominicans can smell it a mile away.

Focus on Dat!
    This right there SON... Right there... they smell it like a DOG smells a bitch in Heat...

and to come here and like "oh, if I beat him up, i would a got in trouble, so i didnt do it ",... holy crap, let me get my boots..its getting deep in here.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    The part that bothers me is he punked out, and then wants to come here and lecture people & even claim IF he beat up the security guy, he would have gotten arrested for it ?? ...
    I got news for you, that Policia National would have laughed his ass off if the security guy ate his chickets from a couple Gringos.. No way he would have fired on them, or arrested them.. he would have enjoyed the show and told everyone to shake hands at the end..
    Good Lord..
    Apparently the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

I don't even know Rick but I think he deserves better friends. The few times I have run a tab in the DR with friends like the night in my Casa Teresa example (5,000RD tab) we rounded it up and split it 3 ways. Fuck who had what. We also pulled $300US worth of Punani out that night and never missed a cent of the money we'd spent.

...some guys....

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    GTFOOH! with that "stay focused" BS.

If I or one of my party is physically assaulted then it's pretty obvious that the time for "cooler heads to prevail" has passed.

Let me give you an example...

2 of my friends and I were with my Son and 2 of his buddies at Casa Teresa in SD. It was the youngsters' 1st trip to the DR and being 20 something they were a little well less than appropriate. One of them was pulling Remy and Alize out of his backpack and pouring "Incredible Hulks" for a few of the Chicas, they were dancing shirtless (musclemen) for the Chicas and basically doing a little wilding out in the least casual Casa in Santo Domingo. I saw the sign from the manager and saw the bouncers start to move and I went up to the manager and handed him some cash and let him know that it was time for the young fellas to leave but we planned to stay. He smiled, shook my hand and has given me that same smile and handshake every time he's seen me in the years to follow. The bouncers stood down and us old guys had a great time after seeing the kids off with our driver. If the bouncers had made it to them before I'd acted, well...there wouldn't be a Casa Teresa in Santo Domingo today. Assaulting US government officials, contractors and law enforcement officers is not the kind of publicity they needed.

Here's my take on MORALS and PRINCIPLES: Once you put your hands on me or any of my party we're no longer in a business transaction. It's a fight, during which I'm going to act like you're trying to kill me (not just kidnap me and drop me off in a BC whore house). It's best for everyone if you don't put your hands on any of us. Got a problem? Call a cop.

The 1st time they screwed your count you should have paid up and left. It's that simple.

Focus on Dat!
    Thats a written bitch slap.

I have a question for this guy......When people were donating money in the search for your gay ass brother and you were spending all your time in passions(while you were supposed to be searching for him) did you return that money?

Did you or your brother ever apologize to the people they accused of murdering his gay ass...did you...did he....answer those questions....if not stay a fuckin lurker and a pussy, I would never let one of my people to take a beating infront of me...ever.

Get the fuck off this board. You opinion means shit....even less now.
    I've offended you.....goood

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    Thats a written bitch slap.

I have a question for this guy......When people were donating money in the search for your gay ass brother and you were spending all your time in passions(while you were supposed to be searching for him) did you return that money?

Did you or your brother ever apologize to the people they accused of murdering his gay ass...did you...did he....answer those questions....if not stay a fuckin lurker and a pussy, I would never let one of my people to take a beating infront of me...ever.

Get the fuck off this board. You opinion means shit....even less now.
    Apologize? Shit they never even bothered to tell the truth after all that nonsense. Since this guy takes a new handle every time he gets on here he might want to get something more appropriate next time. I don't think "Sally", "Judy" or "Punkassbitch" are taken.

The code extends way beyond acts of violence to just general every day shit as well. In BC back in June when El Toro and I were taking our Chicas to El Batey for a little fun, my Chica and I were halfway up the stairs when we looked back and they wouldn't let his girl in because she'd been spotted working Duarte. We looked at each other and never said a word and spun around and left. Any insult to a member of my party, perceived or otherwise is an insult to me. More money for the next establishment. I think I'd known him all of 4 days and it could have been 4 years or 40 as far as I was concerned.

I don't understand how some people can live with themselves after the bullshit they do.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Re: 04/2012 - I WILL NEVER GO TO CMP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a a couple of numbers for her in my DR phone but will leave it to Rick and or Anna herself to post her best number. I'm not sure either I have are even current.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa View Post
    Okay, what's her name and number. I'll put it in my "Must have" file for Sosua. If you know her business number, you can pm me and/or simply let us all know by posting it on the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    Me too please!
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

Clarification:

Stay focused.

It is very easy to get upset, when you are nickel and dime to death. The chicas do and now the businesses. It may be a small amount but it adds up quick.
    Sometimes you have to put your foot down.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Siochana, How about answering those questions.....

Or are you gonna start another thread about Queen Elizabeth's new dress for the Olympics?

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

This thread has taken a turn into a different discussion and a mod should slice it off starting post #178.

Let this thread be strictly info on CMP and what happened or might once again happen.

The other stuff is bringing into the conversation years old stuff that many might have going over their heads and should be on its own.
    Bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym ...

24. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post
    This thread has taken a turn into a different discussion and a mod should slice it off starting post #178.

Let this thread be strictly info on CMP and what happened or might once again happen.

The other stuff is bringing into the conversation years old stuff that many might have going over their heads and should be on its own.
    kinda hard to slice off part of it as some of the posts relates to the actual events

but
    i agree apos 'now and before' shouldnt be brought into this thread.............. so i will take a wait and see approach.........for now
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post

Post #178 is the truth and its relevance is not an issue. 90% of the cause of this problem is how a misunderstanding was handled or in this case avoided by the guys the OP was with. There's definitely something to be learned from this. The "problem" could have and should have been put to bed before things got out of hand.

I'm done here.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

What's that old saying? "A good friend is there to get you out of jail, a true friend is one that is sitting next to you in jail."

I'm with the ones that pay after each round, and get up and leave after the first "mistake on my bill" is made.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rahsta View Post
    It is very easy to get upset, when you are nickel and dime to death. The chicas do and now the businesses. It may be a small amount but it adds up quick.
    Sometimes you have to put your foot down.
    The best way to "put your foot down" is to pick your money up and leave. A business is not a democracy. You can vote with your money or vote with your feet.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

The numbnuts have opened their own FB page.

http://www.facebook.com/caribbeanmen...e.cmp?ref=pymk

I'm already starting to get ideas......

32. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dafishguy View Post
    OK......

All over a padded bar bill which in hind sight, I should have paid. 580 pesos is much less then the $5,700 I ended up paying but hey... live and learn.

stay the hell out of this very dishonest business.

With respect.......

I disagree with your statement of '...I should have paid.' True, in hindsight it would have been an easy way out, but your decision at that time was based on principles & integrity. Condoning that type of behavior would only encourage its proliferation and how much worse of a society would this lead to. Unfortunately, you ended up being pitted against a system that has its priorities based on an immoral foundation. I applaud your initial response to stand up for what is right and despise the material losses you endured, however, you strengthened the characteristic in you that has garnered you the respect & support that will lead to the overall loss that CMP will face as a result of their ill-gotten priorities. That characteristic is your 'HONOR'!

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to smoozwill For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smoozwill View Post
    I disagree with your statement of '...I should have paid.' True, in hindsight it would have been an easy way out, but your decision at that time was based on principles & integrity. Condoning that type of behavior would only encourage its proliferation and how much worse of a society would this lead to. Unfortunately, you ended up being pitted against a system that has its priorities based on an immoral foundation. I applaud your initial response to stand up for what is right and despise the material losses you endured, however, you strengthened the characteristic in you that has garnered you the respect & support that will lead to the overall loss that CMP will face as a result of their ill-gotten priorities. That characteristic is your 'HONOR'!
    Please explain how paying up and leaving would have been dishonorable.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread Information