Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: 04/2012 - I WILL NEVER GO TO CMP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,497 Times in 634 Posts

Re: I WILL NEVER GO TO CMP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    Wow, yet another drama episode! Will stay tuned for your updates Rick, I hope you are feeling okay now anyway.

Is the fat mamasan still there, was she a part of all this?
    I'm fine thank you all. I have put this behind me and I hope that the fuckers at CMP do the same although, the way these fuckers are connected, having the fiscal in their pocket has made Milka very nervious that they may try and plant drugs in Rocky's and get me shut down and arrested one more time.

Let me say this, I will not roll over if they do. I will fight to my dieing breath against those mother fuckers if they try. Things are not all rosy here in Sosua right now and those who have the money to launder and can pay the most get their form of justice, no matter what the facts are. I found out first hand and it was not pleasent.

You are talking about Daisy and no, she has not been in this place for almost a year. She left because she was totally disrespected by the owners and we had a long conversation about all the bullshit she had to put up with while working there. I respect her as she always had respect for me. The others there now can kiss my lilly white ass and clean up my shit with their tounges.

My new waitress also worked there for a short time. When she refused to take a client that the boss told her she had to fuck because she worked there. She was hired as a bar tender and not a puta, and because she would not do as they wanted, they made her life miserable. When I heard about her fortitute, I hired her on the spot. They also made her wait 2 months for her pay saying and I quote, "If you don't want to play ball with us, we won't play ball with you" Yes, these are great people there.

Rick, are you pissed off right now? Hmmm, let me just say that I am very mellow and tranquillo and will let this pass. I will get to them another way. Isn't the Internet a wonderful thing?

Take care and thank you all once again for all you tremendous support of me, Milka and Rocky's. You have no idea how much it is appreciated.

Rick
    Last edited by Dafishguy; 07-25-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 31,164 Times in 5,857 Posts

Re: 04/2012 - I WILL NEVER GO TO CMP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the whole ordeal.

Last year I met the superficial owner of CMP.

DR is not the place where one can take out the boss by taking a closer look at the books. Capisce?

I wish you speedy recovery. Unless one calls boys back and annex the island again, I would make peace and get over.

And for all of us who wish to stay old pilots, there is a clear need in a damn good counsel.
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 289 Posts

Now we are beginning to see why Dominicans refer to Sousa as the
    sewer and tell us gringos that Sousa is not the place to go.

Not saying that everyone there is bad. I have met some good people
    there. It is like all other places that you go. Always watch your
    back and look out for the locals.............

Rick, sorry to here this happen to you. Even though I have never
    met you, I have been there many times for your spaghetti with
    meat sauce and burger and fries. The two waitresses who I know
    there always give excellent service. I have seen you several times
    sitting at the tables shooting the breeze with some of the other fellows.

5. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to natmatt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,555 Times in 660 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    Anna is cool people and knows what is happening in the shadows and just beyond our view. Shit some of us NEED to know.

I'd say give her a fair chance, many here could benefit. When shit happens you want her business card in your pocket. That much I know first hand.
    Okay, what's her name and number. I'll put it in my "Must have" file for Sosua. If you know her business number, you can pm me and/or simply let us all know by posting it on the board.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sonrisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa View Post
    Okay, what's her name and number. I'll put it in my "Must have" file for Sosua. If you know her business number, you can pm me and/or simply let us all know by posting it on the board.
    Me too please!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dafishguy View Post
    I'm fine thank you all. I have put this behind me and I hope that the fuckers at CMP do the same although, the way these fuckers are connected, having the fiscal in their pocket has made Milka very nervious that they may try and plant drugs in Rocky's and get me shut down and arrested one more time.

Let me say this, I will not roll over if they do. I will fight to my dieing breath against those mother fuckers if they try. Things are not all rosy here in Sosua right now and those who have the money to launder and can pay the most get their form of justice, no matter what the facts are. I found out first hand and it was not pleasent.

You are talking about Daisy and no, she has not been in this place for almost a year. She left because she was totally disrespected by the owners and we had a long conversation about all the bullshit she had to put up with while working there. I respect her as she always had respect for me. The others there now can kiss my lilly white ass and clean up my shit with their tounges.

My new waitress also worked there for a short time. When she refused to take a client that the boss told her she had to fuck because she worked there. She was hired as a bar tender and not a puta, and because she would not do as they wanted, they made her life miserable. When I heard about her fortitute, I hired her on the spot. They also made her wait 2 months for her pay saying and I quote, "If you don't want to play ball with us, we won't play ball with you" Yes, these are great people there.

Rick, are you pissed off right now? Hmmm, let me just say that I am very mellow and tranquillo and will let this pass. I will get to them another way. Isn't the Internet a wonderful thing?

Take care and thank you all once again for all you tremendous support of me, Milka and Rocky's. You have no idea how much it is appreciated.

Rick
    So you have decided to not go through with the lawsuit?

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,983 Times in 412 Posts

I will get to them another way.
    Rick, make nice with them - just for show and for your sanity, since you live there.

Be close to your friends and closer to your enemies.

This will relax them, allowing the incident to slip from their pee brains - and through the passage of time - you can plot what it is you can do to get back at the scum.

This is how the mafia usually works - if one of "theirs" is shot down or beaten down - they let time go by, maybe 6 months or so and then, when the enemy's guard is down and the incident is forgotten - they strike.

GL

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sosuaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,220 Times in 1,957 Posts

The mafia would not post on a message board their plot I hope the owner of CMP are not reading this .

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MyTio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,983 Times in 412 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MyTio View Post
    I hope the owner of CMP are not reading this .
    Fuck them....

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sosuaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sosuaman View Post
    Fuck them....
    I agree fuck them but they do not know who I am and I am in the USA rick is not

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MyTio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Rick am very sorry that this has happen to you damn your a good dude and a stand up guy....yeah man fuck CMP I will never step foot in there....... this shit got me thinking that we should start spending our money at certain spots and hopefully they will just how see powerful ISOC can be when we stick together.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bronx player For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Who is the Fiscal? Whats his name.
    I've offended you.....goood

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    Who is the Fiscal? Whats his name.
    It's not only a male, there's also a female. Also, they will not speak or listen to you in English. Exactly the same in POP.
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Money Re: I WILL NEVER GO TO CMP AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

Late to this party. Some of you know me, but not by this handle. Many of you know my brother, Apostropheman.

I was one of the four with Rick when he was accosted. We each bought a round although not everyone needed a drink each round. I had 2 Presidente that night. I also bought China a beer. Every time the factura was presented, CMP had padded it with additional drinks. Hell, they even tried to charge me 2 beers for the one I bought China. Just stupid.

We would argue with them every round and managed to get most of it settled. They kept trying to charge Rick some ridiculous amount and finally presented him with a slip of paper with 560 circled. As we attempted to leave after Rick refused to pay the inflated tab we were accosted by a doorman and a guy who was a floor manager. They would not allow us to leave without paying their tab. I finally arranged to pay 180 pesos (what Rick really owed) and we walked to leave.

The floor manager signaled the door man to shove Rick and Rick was consequently violently struck, knocked to the ground and then dragged and dumped out onto the street like a bag of trash. And for what? Not being extorted?

It goes deeper than just CMP. The local street level National Police and even the Tourista Cops refused to act on the assault. The doorman was on the street, 5 feet from the officers, thus clearly within their jurisdiction and able to be arrested for assault. There were 20 or so witnesses. They all insisted that an order fiscal was required to arrest the doorman on the public street for assault. (Untrue). I calmly and politely insisted that the officer tell me if had I assaulted the doorman, would he also need an order fiscal to arrest me or would I be arrested immediately. This was (obviously) never answered but we are all sharp enough to know how that would have played out.

The simple truth has been pointed out to me repeatedly:

The laws do not matter when there is a dispute between a Dominican and a non-Dominican. The Dominican always has the advantage because they will go to any length, as a community, to assist the Dominican against outsiders. Doesn't matter who the non-Dominican is, what he has done for the community, how long he has lived there. You are still an outsider and unless you are one of the few, like a particular Gringo who will not be named but ran over and killed a moto before he departed for Panama, who was wealthy enough and well networked into the Dominican system, You Are Going Down.

Only two things matter: 1) Are you Dominican? 2) Have you repeatedly paid the right people off? Anything less and you are a visitor in their country and you have few to no real legal rights when it matters.

Rick:

As has been pointed out by many of the others, please keep your eyes open, your head down and watch yourself. You have much to lose. A lovely lady, a fine business and many good friends. This whole thing isn't worth risking any one of these. This group is smart enough to carry the torch on this. Do yourself a favour and lay low and quiet on this matter for now. You have done your share and a great deal more truth be told. Let others see this through now.

Please.
    Last edited by NoOneSpecific; 07-27-2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks

NoOneSpecific am I reading this correctly their are four guys their at the time of the assault . Rick was not alone .

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MyTio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MyTio View Post
    NoOneSpecific am I reading this correctly their are four guys their at the time of the assault . Rick was not alone .
    Correct. It was my last night in Sosua and it was Rick, John, Ben and myself out for a drink. Ben excused himself early. John, Rick and I were there when Rick was attacked.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NoOneSpecific For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,221 Times in 1,136 Posts

Wow I am away for a while and things seem to go to Hell. I don't think I have met Rick, but I have been in his establishment many times for meals. I am sorry this happened bro. I hope you just lay low and let them think that they got to you. Its not worth the hassel or your life.

I had just started planning my trip and I was planning to stop by CMP as I have had some pretty enjoyable times there shooting the breeze with some mongers and talking with the chicas. However, after this incident I will have nothing to do with them further. I am coming in for vacation, not to be scammed out of my money. I don't feel like arguing over every little thing.

32. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to GrandePadre For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneSpecific View Post

I was one of the four with Rick when he was accosted. We each bought a round although not everyone needed a drink each round. I had 2 Presidente that night. I also bought China a beer. Every time the factura was presented, CMP had padded it with additional drinks. Hell, they even tried to charge me 2 beers for the one I bought China. Just stupid.

We would argue with them every round and managed to get most of it settled. They kept trying to charge Rick some ridiculous amount and finally presented him with a slip of paper with 560 circled. As we attempted to leave after Rick refused to pay the inflated tab we were accosted by a doorman and a guy who was a floor manager. They would not allow us to leave without paying their tab. I finally arranged to pay 180 pesos (what Rich really owed) and we walked to leave.

The floor manager signaled the door man to shove Rick and Rick was consequently violently struck, knocked to the ground and then dragged and dumped out onto the street like a bag of trash. And for what? Not being extorted?

Paying as each round is delivered gives them no opportunity to pad your tab. I never run a tab anywhere in the DR, even the places owned by people I trust.

Is that 560RD as in $13.70 US ? ! ?

Are you telling us that 4 grown Men watched their friend and drinking buddy get knocked down and dragged and thrown into the street? I don't care if it's guys I just met that night, if they get knocked down and dragged and tossed I'm getting knocked down, dragged and tossed too.

Thanks for the clarification.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Paying as each round is delivered gives them no opportunity to pad your tab. I never run a tab anywhere in the DR, even the places owned by people I trust.

Are you telling us that 4 grown Men watched their friend and drinking buddy get knocked down and dragged and thrown into the street? I don't care if it's guys I just met that night, if they get knocked down and dragged and tossed I'm getting knocked down, dragged and tossed too.

I have to agree % 100 and

35. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MyTio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post

Clarification:

1) Not everyone is a violent hothead. Sometimes cooler heads need prevail. As was stated earlier, it was my last night and had any of us assaulted any Dominican person, we would have been arrested on the spot. (And likely beated and all that goes with that, later when we were out of sight.)

2) It's not the money but the principal. You remember morals and principals? Each round as the factura was presented, there were more drinks on the page than were ordered. The total would then be disputed and this takes time. What should have been simply discussed with the waitress typically ended up involving a floor manager, a cashier and several sundry people who were not involved in the transaction. There was lots of back and forth and usually the corrected amount was paid. We're not talking tons of drinks here folks. There were 4 of us and not everyone had a drink each round. I settled my tab fine enough because I wasn't having any nonsense. John's round was first and without problems. Ben's round was wildly over and eventually settled. Rick was last and it was just stupid how it was handled.

You are getting too caught up in the fine print and missing the point. They are screwing with your tab and trying to strong arm you into paying more than you should. I didn't even mention that the small Presidente was charged 140pesos where other bars charge what, 80 - 100 pesos? Ok? The place is a rip off and they are assaulting you if you stand up for what is right. That's the point!

Stay focused.

37. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to NoOneSpecific For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information