Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How You Guys Use Your Cell phone In The DR And Still Shows Your Home Number

Thanks

How You Guys Use Your Cell phone In The DR And Still Shows Your Home Number

Hi Guys

How do you guys with Wives or GF's go to the DR and call back home and your wife/GF will see a call come in from your home cell number just as if you were in the states ? Same for taking a call from the Wife or GF while in the DR. Otherwords, best way to use your cell without getting busted and not cost a fortune either ??

BicBoner

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BicBoner For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: How You Guys Use Your Cell phone In The DR And Still Shows Your Home Number

Man i hope thats not true if you have a world phone. I purchased the photon from sprint and all you have to do is pop in the orange chip that you get at the orange phone store but if she can still see your call i am fucked. I purchased the phone for nothing. Anyone have any info

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joe12300 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

My phone number shows up on the caller ID the same when calling the states from DR. If it shows up as unknown you could say you were roaming for some reason. Those that call me from the states in my contacts show up the same as well.

There are a lot of places guys will say they go when they don't want their wife or GF knowing. I think the phone issue is always tricky. I had a friend tell his girl he was going to court for something right before the trip and may be in jail for a week or so. That was his reason for not being available and he stuck to it. Of course some guys have more leverage so up to a point their lady has no choice but to accept the story.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

If you use your home cell phone with the original SIM it will pop up on caller ID as your home phone #.

If you buy an Orange/Claro/Digicell phone or Sim for your existing one caller ID will show your assigned (809 or 829) #

Calling from your home cell will cost at least $1.90/ minute but if you need your home # to show spend the dough

-OR-

You can get a calling plan and use it with ANY PHONE and it will show up in the States as an 800 number for 13 cents/min

http://www.nobelcom.com/phone-cards/...blic-87-1.html

You choose.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

I tell my wife not to call unless it's an emergency and we text a few times a day, I have unlimited texts BUT Verizon charges .20 a text in/out from the DR.
    of course I'm a unique case since my wife knows where I go and is awesome enough to know I love her but a guy needs to be a guy

You can always *67 (area code) number ....to block your DR phone number
    Helping the 3rd world economy, one chica at a time !!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skynyrd For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Also we live in a texting world. There have been many texts from unknown numbers and you xant repky because you dont know who it is

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

like Grey says if you use your normal cell with your normal chip in it, it will appear as your normal number, but if you stay on the line for any length of time it becomes expensive, my advice if you want her to think you are still somewhere in the states just pay the freight. I used to have monster bills when I lived in the states and called back with my phone but at that time it was the price of doing business, so I had to pay it.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

As of my last trip in january my verizon phone worked in sdw but not much in sosua. Not sure of other carriers

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh yeah.

If you do decide to keep your home cellie on for the sake of the old battleaxe, make sure that you TURN DATA ROAMING OFF or you will set a new personal phone bill record.

I keep my home cellie on just in case 1 of my Kids has an emergency but I keep it in airplane mode until I'm ready to check it (2x per Day). I have a teenage Daughter and 2 in their 20's in college. I get emergency (wire transfer) calls all the time. All my WU money is spoken for.....

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

This is one of the few countries that does not advertise dual sim cell phones. It was mandatory to have one when I was in timeshare because of the travel. What a dual sim phone does is make every number you dial a local number depending on the sim card you have. If your wife calls you she will see your regular number, if you are out of the country. But if you are calling someone in country, just get that local countries sim card for the other side of the slot. This will make your local in country calls very inexpensive. Your phone will switch back and forth depending on where the call originated at. Also, if you are traveling with your laptop, then you might as well get a magic jack. This is the best device for hiding your number (I mean location). The only number anyone will ever see is the number to the laptop. I highly recommend this. I hope this helps you.
    Live & Let Live! And Always Remember To Drink & Fuck Wisely

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osanhopps For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks Guys

I have a majikjack , but wont work for as if I am in the USA . I need my cell numer to show if I make a call from the DR. I am with AT&T, so I will check there international plan and see how it works

BicBoner

Thanks
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 1,322 Posts

Two words: Google Voice
    We surveyed 100 chicas and the top 69 answers are on the board. Here's the question...

I.S.O.B.B.C.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick Dawson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joe12300 View Post
    Man i hope thats not true if you have a world phone. I purchased the photon from sprint and all you have to do is pop in the orange chip that you get at the orange phone store but if she can still see your call i am fucked. I purchased the phone for nothing. Anyone have any info
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Dawson View Post
    Two words: Google Voice
    I know google voice can forwar a call. Can it forward a call to a DR NUMBER?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

If I was married, I wouldn't try to get around it. I'd just use my regular cell and pay the bill. Just don't let her see the bill.

I figure that a high cell bill will be cheaper than a divorce if some equipment malfunctions and shows where your at!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

www Link Re: How You Guys Use Your Cell phone In The DR And Still Shows Your Home Number

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    If you use your home cell phone with the original SIM it will pop up on caller ID as your home phone #.

If you buy an Orange/Claro/Digicell phone or Sim for your existing one caller ID will show your assigned (809 or 829) #

Calling from your home cell will cost at least $1.90/ minute but if you need your home # to show spend the dough

-OR-

You can get a calling plan and use it with ANY PHONE and it will show up in the States as an 800 number for 13 cents/min

http://www.nobelcom.com/phone-cards/...blic-87-1.html

You choose.

But say you get the orange sim for your home cell and i call a chica will her cell phone number ever show up on the bill

Thanks
    Thanked 3,744 Times in 721 Posts

No you will buy a pay as you go sim and put credit on it. so itll be like a tracphone you can buy at 7-11 for the states. Not sure but your phone may have to be unlocked for it to work on orange

30. The Following User Says Thank You to voltage69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by voltage69 View Post
    No you will buy a pay as you go sim and put credit on it. so itll be like a tracphone you can buy at 7-11 for the states. Not sure but your phone may have to be unlocked for it to work on orange
    Thanks man. That is good news

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You have to unlock a phone to put a diffeerent sim card in it. You can find unlocked phones on craigslist or even cheaper Just buy a pos phone down there .

The one on craigslist you can use anywhere the pos phone in the dr only in the dr

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by voltage69 View Post
    Yeah, what he said.

But do you really want some Dominican Orange phone guy butchering your home phone? What's it cost to replace? $500? $600?

Buy a "burner" from the Orange shop for about $20 with free minutes on it and charge it as you go. Don't make USA calls direct but use a calling plan. I like the convenience of Noble.com but there are others.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,744 Times in 721 Posts

Near with me cause I'm on mobile but if you had a skype account. You could pay for the ability to make actual calls and also pay for an incoming number. Then on the skype site theres a place you can change the outgoing caller id number to your cell phone number. (they send a text to your phone to verify that you are the owner of the number I think before they'll forward it.) Then if your in a hotel with wifi you can start skype and cal home using the net. Your cell number should appear. If home calls you.. Your phonw should ring as normal then tel her you'll call right back. And call with skype. Now... What you're going to do so she doesn't hear moto conchos and bachata and roosters in the backround.. I dont know.
    Ps. Your phone.has to be able to do skype and have wifi

35. The Following User Says Thank You to voltage69 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information