Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems Communicating With Chicas

Thanks

Problems Communicating With Chicas

I dont know what it is, but sometimes I wonder if many dominican women are dense, playing games or just plain ignorant. You ever try to ask a chica a question or seek clarity on something, and you end up with a response that doesnt even address what you asked? Then you have to ask a ton of follow up questions in order to get her to answer what you asked? This is usually worse during online conversations. Now my spanish is not good. So I use a translator. When I am talking to a chica online they start using shorthand and abbreviations, which makes it hard for me to translate into english.

So I tell them that I am using a translator. And I need them to spell the words correctly. And not to use shorthand. I explain, I wont be able to understand them, or translate what they say into english. What do I get? They continue giving me shorthand. Didnt I just tell you I cannot translate that, and wont be able to understand you? Common sense would suggest, that if I am talking to someone who doesnt speak my language, I am not going to use shorthand and abbreviations that are only common with english speaking folks. Plus I see that even among dominicans they have a different kind of everyday language that may be different than what would be in a spanish lesson or tutorial.

How about internet dating? Like Dom Cupid. If you browse a few profiles you will see women listing their height as 6 ft or 6'9" but you can see they are not that tall. Or they will list their weight as 265lbs, but they are skinny as hell. And the most common one is, their profile will say they live in Santo Domingo, but when you talk to them they live in Santiago. Or they wont have a picture in their profile, but they insist on striking up a conversation mainly because they liked your pictures. If you ask them for pictures, it is always a hassle or a pain in the ass. Then you have the chicas with pictures hiding behind flowers & plants, with only a headshot. And they hope some man will express interest. Personally, I like when a chica takes many pictures of herself in various poses so you can have a better idea of how she may look when you actually meet her. And yes, I want to know if she has a round ass, or a pancake back there.

I dont know what it is, but many DR women just dont know how to communicate a thought so a man can understand exactly what she is saying/thinking or intending. Often times, it seems the women are confused, and always doing quirky things. Maybe in their haste and desperation of getting into a mans pocket or saved from poverty it blocks their ability to think rationally? I've observed chicas do things without consulting people and then end up having to deal with the consequences for not communicating their intentions or actions.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to esotericman For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Re: Problems Communicating With Chicas

Its the education factor. Certain chicas never finished school. Try to learn a little more spanish and you can change the words to suit your translator..

K = que

vien = bien

k pisa = que pasa

te estrano = te extrano

Thats just to throw a few examples. Because I am familiar its easy to know what they are tryna say. Its even worse with the ones who are learning english. They give you english and spanish.

Amor, I extrano tu alit = Love I miss you alot

5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esotericman View Post
    I dont know what it is, but sometimes I wonder if many dominican women are dense, playing games or just plain ignorant. You ever try to ask a chica a question or seek clarity on something, and you end up with a response that doesnt even address what you asked? Then you have to ask a ton of follow up questions in order to get her to answer what you asked? This is usually worse during online conversations. Now my spanish is not good. So I use a translator. When I am talking to a chica online they start using shorthand and abbreviations, which makes it hard for me to translate into english.

So I tell them that I am using a translator. And I need them to spell the words correctly. And not to use shorthand. I explain, I wont be able to understand them, or translate what they say into english. What do I get? They continue giving me shorthand. Didnt I just tell you I cannot translate that, and wont be able to understand you? Common sense would suggest, that if I am talking to someone who doesnt speak my language, I am not going to use shorthand and abbreviations that are only common with english speaking folks. Plus I see that even among dominicans they have a different kind of everyday language that may be different than what would be in a spanish lesson or tutorial.

How about internet dating? Like Dom Cupid. If you browse a few profiles you will see women listing their height as 6 ft or 6'9" but you can see they are not that tall. Or they will list their weight as 265lbs, but they are skinny as hell. And the most common one is, their profile will say they live in Santo Domingo, but when you talk to them they live in Santiago. Or they wont have a picture in their profile, but they insist on striking up a conversation mainly because they liked your pictures. If you ask them for pictures, it is always a hassle or a pain in the ass. Then you have the chicas with pictures hiding behind flowers & plants, with only a headshot. And they hope some man will express interest. Personally, I like when a chica takes many pictures of herself in various poses so you can have a better idea of how she may look when you actually meet her. And yes, I want to know if she has a round ass, or a pancake back there.

I dont know what it is, but many DR women just dont know how to communicate a thought so a man can understand exactly what she is saying/thinking or intending. Often times, it seems the women are confused, and always doing quirky things. Maybe in their haste and desperation of getting into a mans pocket or saved from poverty it blocks their ability to think rationally? I've observed chicas do things without consulting people and then end up having to deal with the consequences for not communicating their intentions or actions.
    First you must consider that most DR chicas are young and with ALL young women there is going to be some playing games, ignorance etc...Why would you expect that to be different with Dominicanas?

Many chicas that we are meeting didn't finish school so grammar and spelling is not their strong suit. Some that I've communicated with I could understand in speaking, texting, email and everything. While there were others that I didn't understand shit hardly that they said in any form of communication. That's just how it is because of the slang, education levels, and different parts of the island.

Not every gringo can communicate with every chica and vice versa and frankly, I like it that way. Your not the first dude to try to communicate with many chicas, but for every one that you can't communicate with, there are several gringos that can figure out what they're trying to say and that's ok with them. It's a numbers game.

Yes chicas often do a lot of quirky shit or so it seems to us, but I think that's part of the beauty of Dominicanas--always doing the unexpected. I also think that it's a Latina thing, not a chica thing. Latinas from all over the world that I know here in the US have their moments when they look confused and do quirky shit that makes no sense, but if you love Latinas it's a tradeoff for getting that hot passion and excitement that they bring.

My suggestion is don't expect anything from them that you couldn't expect from any young women other than a low cost GFE. Learn to appreciate that they are just different and think differently than you or I. Get you Spanish skills up. Once you grasp the Spanish language you'll realize that everything can't be translated into English, but you'll know what it means.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Trust me, it's not that these chicas dont know how to communicate. Yes, they use a lot of slang and bad grammar. But they're still not that difficult to understand. If you speak Spanish, that is. You've already stated that yours isn't that good. And relying on a translator device or program has limited effectiveness because most of them suck. The problem with translators is that they translate too literally, and don't take into consideration local or regional nuances. Fact is, a lot of phrases and sentiments don't translate literally from Spanish to English.

Bottom line. Tighten up on your Spanish and you'll understand these chicas a lot better.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    Trust me, it's not that these chicas dont know how to communicate. Yes, they use a lot of slang and bad grammar. But they're still not that difficult to understand. If you speak Spanish, that is. You've already stated that yours isn't that good. And relying on a translator device or program has limited effectiveness because most of them suck. The problem with translators is that they translate too literally, and don't take into consideration local or regional nuances. Fact is, a lot of phrases and sentiments don't translate literally from Spanish to English.

Bottom line. Tighten up on your Spanish and you'll understand these chicas a lot better.

Agreed. Google translate is the best (I use for my chinese clients) Yet even still it only works with proper grammar. You wont find much of that with the chicas.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    And relying on a translator device or program has limited effectiveness because most of them suck. The problem with translators is that they translate too literally, and don't take into consideration local or regional nuances
    That's it in a nutshell

regional nuances

Now when your here and you have learned the word yo means I. Ask a chica a question (like are you hungry) while directly looking at her, and 99% of the time the first word out of her mouth is Yo? She then waits for you to say: yes you, that's when I say who the fuck do you think I'm asking, the chica next door?
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

Alot of Sosua chicks are not too smart. Someone said awhile back that they mainline deal with Hatian chicks because most of the speak ok or real good english. I thought about it for a second and all the Hatian chicks I meet in Sosua spoke good or very good english. I meet one that could read english. Hatian chicks seem to be a little more reasonable.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder View Post
    Now when your here and you have learned the word yo means I. Ask a chica a question (like are you hungry) while directly looking at her, and 99% of the time the first word out of her mouth is Yo? She then waits for you to say: yes you, that's when I say who the fuck do you think I'm asking, the chica next door?
    Funny, funny, funny. I always respond, "No, ella". When they look around trying to find her I just start busting up laughing. They join in when they catch on to the joke. To be honest I have no wish to fully understand what they're saying. I'm happy with a bare bones understanding and being able for the most part to effectively communicate what I want. Over the years I've learned that women in general are completely happy simply with you pretending to listen to them. They really don't expect us to understand them.

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Busting out laughing in the middle of your work day is generally not an accepted practice around here. Thanks Sage.

(and so true in many ways)

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rahsta View Post
    Alot of Sosua chicks are not too smart. Someone said awhile back that they mainline deal with Hatian chicks because most of the speak ok or real good english. I thought about it for a second and all the Hatian chicks I meet in Sosua spoke good or very good english. I meet one that could read english. Hatian chicks seem to be a little more reasonable.
    There are two reasons for that:

(1) Dominican putas are overwhelmingly drawn from the bottom of the social and educational barrel. They are the sort of girls who would struggle to hold down any sort of of "straight" job in any country. The more educated ones who have taken up prostitution tend to have psychological or addiction problems, even though these may not be immediately obvious.

Because of the appalling security and employment situation in their country, Haitian putas are drawn from a much wider social and educational spectrum. Were they Dominican, a lot of them would be able to fill respectable and sometimes responsible positions, but coming from Haïti they have no other option than prostitution.

(2) Dominican state education is appalling. It consistently shows in surveys as the worst in Latin America, which is unsurprising as it receives the lowest funding in L.A. All experts agree that the country needs to spend 4% of its GP on education, but it is spending less than 2%. What is even worse is that half the money that does get allocated is embezzled by corrupt officials.

Some posters have stated that many dominicanas don't finish their schooling. The schools are so bad they are probably the lucky ones. Those who have spent any time in this country will have come across people in responsible positions who can barely read and write or need to use the calculator in their phone to work out the total cost of 10 bread rolls at 5 pesos each.

Private education varies. There are a few good schools but most are not much better than the state schools where, if a teacher has successfully broken up a few fights and not too much has been stolen, he has had a good day.

Haitian education is also poor because of the well-documented natural disasters and incompetent governments. But at least when given a chance they do understand the concept of education, still based on the excellent (in its day) French model. Most Haitians would want to learn and improve themselves. Most Dominicans couldn't care less, though all credit to the exceptions most of us have come across.
    Last edited by weyland; 05-07-2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: punctuation

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    There are two reasons for that:

(1) Dominican putas are overwhelmingly drawn from the bottom of the social and educational barrel. They are the sort of girls who would struggle to hold down any sort of of "straight" job in any country. The more educated ones who have taken up prostitution tend to have psychological or addiction problems, even though these may not be immediately obvious.

Because of the appalling security and employment situation in their country, Haitian putas are drawn from a much wider social and educational spectrum. Were they Dominican, a lot of them would be able to fill respectable and sometimes responsible positions, but coming from Haïti they have no other option than prostitution.

(2) Dominican state education is appalling. It consistently shows in surveys as the worst in Latin America, which is unsurprising as it receives the lowest funding in L.A. All experts agree that the country needs to spend 4% of its GP on education, but it is spending less than 2%. What is even worse is that half the money that does get allocated is embezzled by corrupt officials.

Some posters have stated that many dominicanas don't finish their schooling. The schools are so bad they are probably the lucky ones. Those who have spent any time in this country will have come across people in responsible positions who can barely read and write or need to use the calculator in their phone to work out the total cost of 10 bread rolls at 5 pesos each.

Private education varies. There are a few good schools but most are not much better than the state schools where if a teacher has successfully broken up a few fights and not too much has been stolen, he has had a good day.

Haitian education is also poor because of the well-documented natural disasters and incompetent governments. But at least when given a chance they do understand the concept of education, still based on the excellent (in its day) French model. Most Haitians would want to learn and improve themselves. Most Dominicans couldn't care less, though all credit to the exceptions most of us have come across.

Thanks Weyland, I agree. The female I meet that could read english said her mother sent her to school in Haiti but she did not finish. It must of been a real good school because she can speak and read english real good. She also had a plan on getting to the USA.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rahsta View Post
    When I say hatian females are more reasonable. They are easier to get along, atleast the ones I meet and from the stories I heard. I read one story were a guy was going into After one and a hatian chica ask does he lke to drink and he said yes. She ask him can he pay for her and her friend to get into After One and he can have both of their drink tickets. They just wanted to go dancing. He paid their way in. If it was DR chica she would of came at him a way different way.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Blame it on the education system here. A couple of weeks on listin diario one of the biggest newspapers here in the D.R. there was an article about primary school teachers. The article said, there is teachers who dont know how to properly spell, read etc... but at the same time what can you expect from somebody who gets paid 6000 pesos a month.
    I will give you an example about 1 private university O&M in Santo Domingo. Frist week of clases the english teacher did not show up, 2 week she was 45 minutes late and left 30 minutes earlier because she busy at her other job. 3 Week showed up told the students their homework and left, as she was busy again at her other job. 4 week she collected the homework from last week, corrected it during class and then she left as the english class was over.
    There are good universities in the D.R. but 90% of the population can not afford to pay the fees.
    At UASD the biggest public uni grades get lost, teachers are on strikes on a regular basis...
    You will have a very hard time finding girls who can think rationally, or use common sense, as girls from middle class with a decent backround are not interested in meeting gringos.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cervezalover For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 2,669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Over the years I've learned that women in general are completely happy simply with you pretending to listen to them. They really don't expect us to understand them.
    Beautiful!!!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

If this were a poll I would select ignorant.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Here's some examples of what has been written to me in the last week:

"tss pero sera gorpe k su mujer anda buscando moi nom agarre k le bua dar -cafe- ute no oye moi k m suerte k le bua dar ala pulgosa suya"

$$:$ manito-comai xD Jejeje si esu es utd k es ombe k sera oii k soy la mai jjjjj :$ ♥

"Gracias mi moi oii tan bn t shelo0oooo muxiooo0ooo y con Dios delante naceera bn"

"p esa tiene turbo en lo patica igual k tu en los pies k nama saven andar"

"lok pasa k corre camino y collote le kedan corto ati,ala negra y a peluca k los 3 nama le gusta tal dando pata jjjjj cual d lo 3 mas callejero en canbio yo un tolete d mujer muy hogareņa"

"Jeje yo soy tu y viene a sacarla k no sale a ningun lao al meno k seme ecape coje atender a nanania y ala negra jumm"

If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    First you must consider that most DR chicas are young and with ALL young women there is going to be some playing games, ignorance etc...Why would you expect that to be different with Dominicanas?
    WORD!!!

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,650 Times in 2,270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Here's some examples of what has been written to me in the last week:

"tss pero sera gorpe k su mujer anda buscando moi nom agarre k le bua dar -cafe- ute no oye moi k m suerte k le bua dar ala pulgosa suya"

$$:$ manito-comai xD Jejeje si esu es utd k es ombe k sera oii k soy la mai jjjjj :$ ♥

"Gracias mi moi oii tan bn t shelo0oooo muxiooo0ooo y con Dios delante naceera bn"

"p esa tiene turbo en lo patica igual k tu en los pies k nama saven andar"

"lok pasa k corre camino y collote le kedan corto ati,ala negra y a peluca k los 3 nama le gusta tal dando pata jjjjj cual d lo 3 mas callejero en canbio yo un tolete d mujer muy hogareņa"

"Jeje yo soy tu y viene a sacarla k no sale a ningun lao al meno k seme ecape coje atender a nanania y ala negra jumm"

I'm proud of myself! I understood about 80% of that gibberish. And who are you hanging out with that these are the messages you're getting?

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,650 Times in 2,270 Posts

Dude, if you're frustrated by this simple bullshit, this hobby might not be for you. Go spend more time on the ground actually fucking hos and less time on the internet talking about fucking hos.

36. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uncle ruckus View Post
    Dude, if you're frustrated by this simple bullshit, this hobby might not be for you. Go spend more time on the ground actually fucking hos and less time on the internet talking about fucking hos.
    Ouch!!

...but to be fair....

WORD!!!

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information