Thread: "Search" Capabilities...

Thanks

"Search" Capabilities...

You have put together a good site.

I was wondering if you could improve on the site's search capabilities.

The site cannot handle phrases (for example: "better in person") enclosed in quotes. This search will generate a list for every instance of where any of these three words appear on this site, instead of generating a list of where this phrase is found on this site.

Also, once a search word is found, the generated list produces the thread where the word is contained, but does not direct the user to the page within the thread or the location within the page. Because some threads run for a dozen pages or more and some pages can be quite long, could you make it possible for the user to be directed to the exact location of the search word within the page of the thread.

There is a lot of information on this site, but it can be difficult to obtain, without a search mechanism that allows the user to reduce the number of hits generated from a search.

Thanks,
    Helpmann

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts
    Looks like Helpmann was checkin out all the time that guys said... her pic doesnt do her justice... she loves better in person!
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

Thanks

...I Would be a Rich Man.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas
    Looks like Helpmann was checkin out all the time that guys said... her pic doesnt do her justice... she loves better in person!
    I was a little curious. You know, who has said it and how many times it has been said.

-Helpmann

Thanks
    yeah they act stupid cause they want u to just give them the 100 and say fuck it... its nothing to us but a lot to them... thats why i always use big bills when in stores that have change and save my small bills for times like this... I hardley ever take moto's anymore cause im usually driving in my friends jeep

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts
    helpmann,
    good point about the search function. hopefully there is some way that DT can tweak it to make it more robust. i had a similar problem in the past. search for something and get pointed to a 30 page thread with no clue where in the thread the result was located. one or the other of the 2 WSG sites has a much more compliant search engine. it'd be good to emulate it if possible.
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

Thanks

Opportunity Cost...

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas
    yeah they act stupid cause they want u to just give them the 100 and say fuck it... its nothing to us but a lot to them... thats why i always use big bills when in stores that have change and save my small bills for times like this... I hardley ever take moto's anymore cause im usually driving in my friends jeep
    When I'm down there, I'm a different person in regard to money. US$100 buys be 6 Boca Chica whores. Yeah, one guy may decide to have "filet mignon" and shell out US$100, but shit I could just as well give that money to six girls (more like three x 2: 1 group in the morning and 1 group in the evening) who will service me well. If I lose $60 playing poker in the States or spend $20 for lunch, I don't translate the expense into opportunity cost (pussy lost), but when I'm in the DR it's a different story...

Oh well,
    Helpmann

Thanks
    i meant 100 pesos Helpmann...

Thread Information