Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Was I an asshole?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psriches
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomas
    psriches let me ask you this...

If you met a puta in Classico and dance & drink with her and she wants too much money so you tell her you will get another chica, do you give the first chica moto fare to get home?

If you answer Yes I don't want to be standing next to you when lightening strikes you.
    If we were in a tropical rain storm; YES, i would at least make sure she got back to where i found her. And NO, i would not threaten to beat her silly because i couldn't get the pussy at the price i wanted(or because she wouldn't get out of the car) . I realize that this is all a game so i wouldn't penalize her for getting drinks and dinner out of it. I would just take the loss and move on. No harm, no foul...........
    Sometimes we win the game and other times we lose.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts
    I think it is fucked up but i dont think you were very wrong about it... Maybe i would have driven them 3 blocks to their starting point... but i wouldnt drive them home after that night and how much you spent on them... I also wouldnt have threatened them with violence... well i dont think cause i wasnt in the situation... But then again i dont think your an asshole for this situation just in general you are an asshole! :P
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts
    Shit, I'd have bailed on them when they charged the phone card to your bill. I'm not that DR experianced, but that screams hard core ho to me. Making them walk in the rain? No big deal. Like I say, we were born wet.

As for the threatening, I guess it depends on how they acted when they were asked to get out of the car. There's a big difference between "Please take us to xxx." and "Fuck you, we're ot getting out of the car." Threatening sucks, but it's not hitting, which is unaccepable in any situation but serious self defense.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by psriches
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomas
    psriches let me ask you this...

If you met a puta in Classico and dance & drink with her and she wants too much money so you tell her you will get another chica, do you give the first chica moto fare to get home?

If you answer Yes I don't want to be standing next to you when lightening strikes you.
    If we were in a tropical rain storm; YES, i would at least make sure she got back to where i found her. And NO, i would not threaten to beat her silly because i couldn't get the pussy at the price i wanted(or because she wouldn't get out of the car) . I realize that this is all a game so i wouldn't penalize her for getting drinks and dinner out of it. I would just take the loss and move on. No harm, no foul...........
    definite point there. I understand both sides of the situation. With me it would have all been how the females acted. If that was their price and they are sticking to it fine so be it.. but if they were acting a ass....

Like say we were @ classicos and it was rainign and everything and they were being reasonably nice. I woulda drove em to Texaco atleast they can be in some shelter. but if a female is trying fo play me over they will never win that game with me.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico
    Shit, I'd have bailed on them when they charged the phone card to your bill. I'm not that DR experianced, but that screams hard core ho to me. Making them walk in the rain? No big deal. Like I say, we were born wet.

As for the threatening, I guess it depends on how they acted when they were asked to get out of the car. There's a big difference between "Please take us to xxx." and "Fuck you, we're ot getting out of the car." Threatening sucks, but it's not hitting, which is unaccepable in any situation but serious self defense.
    It was more along the line of Fuck you, you have to drive us home!

Will as for shelter Monte Bar was still open, that's where I went for shelter (and to meet another chica or 2).
    Try our new ISOC Features!
    • Create a Countdown Timer for your upcoming trip or a special date here.
    • Print out one of our Money Cheat Sheets so you know much shit costs! here
    • Create Albums for your Pictures here.
    • Join Social Groups to view other's Albums here.
    • Browse our concise & informative Wiki here.
    • Learn Spanish, Check Exchange Rates, or The Weather.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,607 Times in 5,261 Posts
    I don’t think DT was an asshole, I think he acted professionally, by the book, I’d have done exactly what he did.

As for the violent comments, I suppose he resorted to them because the hooker forced him to do so (I’ve had to resort to violent comments -and even to violence- with hookers sometimes myself). Unjustified violence or violent comments is what assholes do, justified violence or violent comments is what proper mongers do.

Well done, DT!

Thanks
    I agree they couldn't expect or insit to be driven home; after asking 3000 they were no longer on a 'date' but in professional p4p territory.
    I'm not sure whether it was justified to threaten with violence, I wasn't there, but in my opinion that's the very last option you use, not something you do when you're drunk and wanna get rid of them quick, but again i wasn't there.
    I also don't agree with your arguments that they were low class girls or the fact that you're 'the man' there, I don't see what difference that should make here.
    But hey, you introduced the topic yourself, so you're either already unsure yourself whether you acted the right way, or you wanna boast about being an asshole.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaak
    I agree they couldn't expect or insit to be driven home; after asking 3000 they were no longer on a 'date' but in professional p4p territory.
    I'm not sure whether it was justified to threaten with violence, I wasn't there, but in my opinion that's the very last option you use, not something you do when you're drunk and wanna get rid of them quick, but again i wasn't there.
    I also don't agree with your arguments that they were low class girls or the fact that you're 'the man' there, I don't see what difference that should make here.
    But hey, you introduced the topic yourself, so you're either already unsure yourself whether you acted the right way, or you wanna boast about being an asshole.
    The reason I introduced the topic is that Reel Deal said I was a jerk the next day for leaving them, I am not unsure of myself, I definitely did the right thing. As for the man part if you falter at all in the DR the girl will LOSE ALL RESPECT FOR YOU!

The part about low class girls was arguing their pricing, any other girl from their barrio would have been overjoyed with $500-1K and a nice cabana to sleep in!

The violence part was after she wouldn't negotiate and insiting I had to drive them home. Trust me I asked them several times to get out politely and that I was going back in to the bar to find another chica.

Thanks
    does that mean they only respect you if you throw them out in the rain?

Thanks
    I don't see "manliness" and "kindness" as being in separate universes.

I woulda just not said a word, drove them to closed Kelvins (three blocks away...), and say "get out".

But I wasn't drunk, tired, horny, and under the misconception buying dinner and drinks = a probable freebie; those are mitigating circumstances.

One can be a jerk without being an asshole. And one can be a man without being a jerk or asshole, too. Besides, how important is showing Dominicano Testosterone around a "barrio rat"? IMO, the way they'd lose respect for a gringo is when you run out of money...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Reel Deal
    I woulda just not said a word, drove them to closed Kelvins (three blocks away...), and say "get out".
    Hell I was nicer then that! At least I left them at a place still open and with taxi hanging out.

Sjaak I still disagree completely, would you have though differently of me if they told me the price inside the bar and I just left them at the table and moved to another table?

Both of you: It's not like I left them on a street corner in the dark with no options!

Thanks
    I don't know what we disagre about. I wrote I think they could not expect to be driven home, so leaving them in the rain if it's not in the middle of a cane field is fine with me. I only don't understand some of the arguments you used, and i still don't understand the one about being the man and not faltering and earning their respect.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts
    Guys, what he is trying to say is, even though we pay for sex with these chicas, doesn't mean we can't have some respect for them. You guys make it seem as though he met them in a disco and then changed his mind about being with them. That wasn't the case. He hung out with these chicas. Had dinner with them, laughed with them, drank with them, etc. A good time was being had by all. It wasn't until they charged 3000 pesos that he became irate. He threatened them, told them to get out in a tropical rain storm. Remember, Hurricane Dennis was just to the south at the time. It's really about the principle of the thing. Do you really treat girls like that at home? Because they don't give it up? I know i don't! It's no need to treat chicas like you are "Dominican" because you are not. We still can have some respect. The chicas did nothing to deserve that. He picked them up from the spot. Not the other way around. They didn't owe him anything. DT, remember this is just a discussion. Nothing to take personal.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,607 Times in 5,261 Posts
    I suppose that by ‘being a man’ he meant ‘not being a sucker’, which is right in this case.

As for ‘earning their respect’, considering that they were going to be dumped for good in a matter of minutes there wasn’t really any reason for earning it, on this occasion their respect had no importance, it was in fact irrelevant what these hookers thought or felt.

Mongering often is like a chess game where you have to make your moves wisely and focus only on your future options: if you are in your car under the rain with a non-pro that suddenly turns out to be a hardcore pro asking for rip-off rates, the only possible move for a true monger is to dump her there and then and go somewhere else where there is still some pussy available, in this hobby there is no time to waste, and we don’t fly for hours and spend 100’s (or 1,000’s) of bucks to give lifts to overpriced hardcores, but to hunt good and reasonably priced specimens.

I don’t think you lose any respect by not paying what an overpriced harcore asks for, this is a subject that emerges frequently on different boards, especially in Rio forums. The overpriced hardcores at bottom know that if you can afford a holiday abroad you can also afford whatever they ask for -in this example, if DT paid 2k just for a dinner it’s obvious that he could easily pay 3k for TLN if he wanted-, so you don’t really lose any respect, in any country, by refusing to pay above the going rates: it only shows them that you know what the going rates are, it shows them that you aren’t an uninformed sucker.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts
    Everyone agrees! The disagreement is in the way we "dump". There was no time wasted in driving 3 blocks in the rain. He was just upset.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 532 Posts
    Here is my answer....

Are you gonna sleep tonight? if so, you did ok..

Thanks
    Thanked 4,303 Times in 1,519 Posts
    In my opinion if the chicas were smart, seeing that it is raining, as soon as DT said no to the 3k then they should have came down ALOT. DT I hope you had a good time out there nonetheless....
    If God didn't want me to sin he wouldn't have given me a penis...

Thanks
    Thanked 28,089 Times in 7,183 Posts
    I think Don was right. If they said they were not the type of girls to sleep with a guy right away thats one thing. These chicks had a game plan from the begining and thought they had a gringo sucker.

Eat his food .... Drink his wine.......And then shift into the "PRO" gear.

I would have done the same

Thanks
    Thanked 7,616 Times in 1,767 Posts
    DT, you were not an asshole but were taken for a sucker by buying them drinks and food..

I agree with what's said.. as soon as they show any signs of pro.. they are in the pro game.. that includes lapse of all responsibilities in the event an agreement cannotbe made

Thanks
    Thanked 26,907 Times in 6,119 Posts
    i wouldn't have threatened them with violence, but I would've left the bitches right where they were. i don't give a fuck about if it's a tropical storm out there. i would do the same thing to a bitch here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information