Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Car rental in POP - Is it too much trouble?

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Re: Car rental in POP - Is it too much trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    He blew up every story bigger than the reality. Just like how big and bad he was. Standing 5 foot nuthin, 140 soaking wet. But don't cross him, because his family hated when he showed up at a family reunion, because he would always kick someones ass!

MAN!! I love guys with short dick syndrome!!
    Yeah, they're usually drama kings!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    Yeah, they're usually drama kings!

There's a big difference between guys like us, and guys with Napoleon complexes........

I crack a good joke on you, I laugh. You crack a good joke on me, I laugh the loudest!

8 was one of those guys that wanted to crack on everybody, all day. But the first time you cracked a good one on him, he wanted to fight.

Gotta suck to not be able to crack on yourself!

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post

There's a big difference between guys like us, and guys with Napoleon complexes........

I crack a good joke on you, I laugh. You crack a good joke on me, I laugh the loudest!

8 was one of those guys that wanted to crack on everybody, all day. But the first time you cracked a good one on him, he wanted to fight.

Gotta suck to not be able to crack on yourself!

......i've been meaning to tell you......

......you weren't so kind a few times to me in my tr's or posts................

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 230 Posts

Easy fellas,
    Just looking for information on good times, not good fights!
    Lets all just talk pussy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    ......i've been meaning to tell you......

......you weren't so kind a few times to me in my tr's or posts................

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stalino55 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Thumbs Down Re: Car rental in POP - Is it too much trouble?

USA Geico does not cover driving in the RD

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post
    The only downside of this insurance is that it is thru a third company, not eve n AA. If anything hAppens to the car, the rental car company will charge the full value of the damAge to your card. You would be responsible for collecting from the third party insurance company.
    I rented a car in sosua thru a friend that worked at remax and went all the way down to samana and back and stopped at varies towns like rio san jaun and mangua and also drove into puerto plata and never had a problem ; mind you in puerto plata I did park the car by the macelon and got out on foot and used moto conchos ; I made seveal trips to caberete and a fellow there trying to sell puppies by the beach offered to watch my car when Iwas at the beach ; I gave him $5 the 1st day and $10 the next couple times and he was always there toi show me nothing happened to my car ; I always paid him before I returned back tososua ; I had the car for 1 week and if not for this car I'd not see what life is beyond sosua ; I never had any issues at all but i;d not recommend driving very far in the dark some roads at night are just dangergerous with the many pot holes and people walking on the roads ; drove in day time and the odd nite trip from cabarete ; I was stopped only once between cabarete and sosua by the police they were looking for weapons ;I showed them my passport and they waved me true ans that time my car was loaded with stuff that I was bringing for a friend that was moving from cabarete back to sosua ; any how if you look both ways when crossing street even if u have the right of way plus at green lights u are careful and take off your hubcaps and throw them in the trunk and you;ve bought the no deductible insurance you should be ok ; you just have to exercise more attention and care here ; I never drove in very busy cities like santo domingo or puerto plata or santiago ; I;ve been to santiago but took the bus there and hooked up with good friends there after ; hope this helps ; like the other guy said in sosua u need no car u take the motoconcho ' or walk or take the gau gua between caberete and sosua but if you are in caberete after 10 or 11 pm ; I think the only way back is by taxi ; I got lucky a couple times and was talking to a waiter at a resturant about cheap taxis to sosua and he said he got offwork at 11 pm and if I wantred he drive me back as he was going home to puerto plata ; that was very nice of him and I gave him a nice tip ; appinboy {frisky46}

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to frisky46 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Happyhorn View Post
    I rented a car at the POP airport as an add on to my American Airlines Ticket a couple of years ago. I purchased Insurance thru American Express and declined the rental insurance without any problem. When I returned the car there were no added charges or suprises except for the price of gasoline when I filled up. In my opinion, if you stay in Sousa you do not need a car, but I prefer driving down the coast in the afternoons to hanging around the hotel. I am also not a heavy drinker, and would not drive drunk.
    but everyone else drives drunk

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tonymd For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information